The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

Exactly Tooney. Rafa called Ashley's bluff by wanting to go to the next level and the answer was an unequivocal no, 'I own this club, I will spend as much or as little as I want, don't question my judgement. I am here to make money and if you don't like it, tough. Hence Rafa leaves for pastures new.
It will take something special to make Ashley change his mind on selling. Relegation I hope?

Exactly Tooney. Rafa called Ashley's bluff by wanting to go to the next level and the answer was an unequivocal no, 'I own this club, I will spend as much or as little as I want, don't question my judgement. I am here to make money and if you don't like it, tough. Hence Rafa leaves for pastures new.
It will take something special to make Ashley change his mind on selling. Relegation I hope?
Rafa thought Ashley was a bluffer !!!

Fair enough lads but In the interests of rational thought I hope Bruce and any future Ashley manager will be afforded the same benefit.

I think relegation is the last thing that would make him sell. He could have a great fire sale of players now, got some really saleable "assets" in the squad. Could raise £200m no bother. Hoy £50m back in to buy a few promotion players, He already has the perfect manager. Pocket the parachute payments. Whats not to like for the fat bastard.

Need to be relegated and stay down for 3 or 4 seasons so that the parachute payments run out. Even then I reckon he would still be able to milk it.

Need to be relegated and stay down for 3 or 4 seasons so that the parachute payments run out. Even then I reckon he would still be able to milk it.
The thing is we were relegated but Ashley bought the championship as well as the majority of our cities occupants.

I'd love them to stay in the championship or better div1 until the parachute payments finish. also the ones that still go after fatties latest debacle deserve a bit of payback, because they just can't miss their fix of shite football until fatty sells up.

I am starting to think in "catch 22" terms regarding any possible takeover. If any party is stupid enough to pay Ashleys price, work with the fat bastard, and agree to his terms, do we really want them in charge?