Now that premier league safety | Vital Football

Now that premier league safety

billybobcat

Vital 1st Team Regular
Is more or less sorted I've read the owners of PSG are wanting to buy an English club. Surely fatty should be looking to offload now, as it's his best chance at maximizing his profit.

The worrying thing is it states that they are interested in Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and Queens Park Rangers.
It's sickening that those clubs are potential targets ahead of NUFC.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spor...king-to-buy-an-english-club-20190412.amp.html

There's been loads of interest from many places, in fact im sure we're at the top of every business 'person's' wish list but the fact that Ashley has many strings attached to us is the deterrent that will see us unsold for years.

Unless he goes bust or dies.

Not to mention buying notts forest, QPR and villa would cost anywhere between a third to half the price we would. Although with the right investment we have more potential

Not to mention buying notts forest, QPR and villa would cost anywhere between a third to half the price we would. Although with the right investment we have more potential
I doubt the owners of PSG are bothered about a few hundred million when you take into account the stadiums size, the fact it's a one club city and the loyalty to the club by the people that still go.

I just hope it's not villa they deserve fuck all the horrible bastards.

Said it so many times. You cannot buy what is not for sale !! I see no credible evidence that NUFC has ever been for sale.

Rafa saying it'll be easier to sort out a new contract now. If Ashley can give McClaren a £70mil summer net budget, surely there's optimism for this summer?

Rafa saying it'll be easier to sort out a new contract now. If Ashley can give McClaren a £70mil summer net budget, surely there's optimism for this summer?

I dont see where any optimism can come from as it's pretty clear that Ashley's game plan doesn't involve us evolving as a football club.

That Summer, McClaren was allowed a £50m Net spend on players that he didn't choose and in the January window a further £25m was allowed to panic buy Andros Townsend and Jonjo Shelvey in the hope that 17th position could be achieved at the minimum.

The club aiming to progress season on season takes continued investment and Ashley has proven that he wont allow that here, even with the club's own money.

I see another gamble ahead and don't be surprised to see a couple of big game players sacrificed if the price is right. One of these will be Schar if a price of £20m+ is offered and Shelvey will be another for a similar fee. Id be surprised if we break the £30m barrier on Net spend.

We shall see last season's accounts at some stage soon. We should be able to work out how much is available to spend. We havd a pretty good idea last year but a lot depends on how much Ashley has taken out in repaying his loans to himself.