Notts | Page 7 | Vital Football

Notts

Was disgraceful how he was allowed to steal our brilliant ladies team (and then bankrupt them). Shameful of the FA to allow it to happen too (a la MK Dons).

At the time I'm sure I read that the moving of the ladies team also had something to do with the Imps tumbling out the league. The ladies team needed to have some form of an association with a league club?

Last edited:
Speaking of ladies teams, if any of you are ever bored on a Sunday, I’ve always enjoyed watching Nettleham Ladies. They’re the best in the county and keep improving. Short walk for a pint in the nice rugby club next door too.

I hadn't considered that side, more the emotional intelligence and the moral turpitude side of it.

You are right more and more employment contracts have something about posting work employee/employer issues on social media.

It has absolutely nothing to do with GDPR, nor confidentiality.

It has absolutely nothing to do with GDPR, nor confidentiality.

I didn't say it did, what I did say however his actions lacked emotional intelligence.

Certain things are better said in private, rather taking to Twitter when one is in a position of authority as an employer. After all Hardy has employed a manager.

Last edited:
I wonder how JoshMeowd (or whatever he was/is called) is getting on. He seemed to delight in taking the mick out of our NL sojourn and club in general when we were close to the abyss.

Hope you enjoy Barrow and Eastleigh Josh!

Just to emphasise that point again, Lincoln/Notts County Ladies had accumulated crippling debt over a number of years by trying to be a professional football club with next to no supporters or commercial interest to fund it. The size of their debt (£500,000) was far larger than the debt that almost took Lincoln City - a professional men's team of 132 years' standing - to the wall a year earlier (£380,000). With estimated income of £28,000 for the coming season, Lincoln/Notts County Ladies was ludicrous as a commercial enterprise.

Just to emphasise that point again, Lincoln/Notts County Ladies had accumulated crippling debt over a number of years by trying to be a professional football club with next to no supporters or commercial interest to fund it. The size of their debt (£500,000) was far larger than the debt that almost took Lincoln City - a professional men's team of 132 years' standing - to the wall a year earlier (£380,000). With estimated income of £28,000 for the coming season, Lincoln/Notts County Ladies was ludicrous as a commercial enterprise.
I thought the debt was much larger than that? £380,000 was just the Co-Op loan wasn't it?

I was reading an article about the attendances for Ladies football these days, bemoaning what the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. are getting (putting it down to playing miles away from their "home" grounds).
Got me thinking about some of the higher profile games the ladies played at Sincil Bank which attracted some really good crowds. I imagine if there was a Lincoln City ladies team of good standard with our current demographic they would attract reasonable support. And knowing the Cowley's I bet they would support them as well.

I was reading an article about the attendances for Ladies football these days, bemoaning what the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. are getting (putting it down to playing miles away from their "home" grounds).
Got me thinking about some of the higher profile games the ladies played at Sincil Bank which attracted some really good crowds. I imagine if there was a Lincoln City ladies team of good standard with our current demographic they would attract reasonable support. And knowing the Cowley's I bet they would support them as well.

Absolutely!
They had over 2000 at times. Did really well.
Still see some of the players at our matches.

I thought the debt was much larger than that? £380,000 was just the Co-Op loan wasn't it?
I don't think it was even £380k at the time but closer to £300k.

I'm sure it was something like and £80k mortgage on Playzone and a £120k overdraft (the overdraft facility was above that figure).

And still papers like the Telegraph continue to go big on women’s football when there just isn’t the interest to justify it. And meanwhile ignore other sports which are far more popular but do not tick the PC box so are not deemed worthy enough.

And still papers like the Telegraph continue to go big on women’s football when there just isn’t the interest to justify it. And meanwhile ignore other sports which are far more popular but do not tick the PC box so are not deemed worthy enough.
Agree. Guardian web football web site is....
Premiership
Womens
Europe
Yank
Aussie

The rest.......maybe get a full report on a Championship game

I don't think it was even £380k at the time but closer to £300k.

I'm sure it was something like and £80k mortgage on Playzone and a £120k overdraft (the overdraft facility was above that figure).

By my reckoning it was about £K 800 -as well as the £K 380 (Co-op)- £K 300 overdraft and £K80 playzone loan) ,you had directors loans and the bonds outstanding. This is of course before we sold Playzone for £K 360 in the year 16-17,not to mention the FA cup run !