Notts | Page 6 | Vital Football

Notts

I lived there for nigh on 20 years. Bags of footballing history but I don't really feel sorry for County as they've brought this on themselves.

I lived there for nigh on 20 years. Bags of footballing history but I don't really feel sorry for County as they've brought this on themselves.

What was the name of that idoit that wanted to buy us but then bought them and stated this off? His name escapes me??

What was the name of that idoit that wanted to buy us but then bought them and stated this off? His name escapes me??

I don't know, but he had the stunningly bad idea of wanting to turn LCFC into a PLC. He then stated he would do this at County... but never did.

Sven Goran Eriksson. Now managing the Phillippines...

I just feel sorry for the city of Nottingham, a medium-sized provincial town that is home to two league clubs with more history than half of the rest of the league combined, both of which are now in perpetual crisis thanks to a succession of moronic owners.

Older fans will know better than me but...a strong Nottingham Forest has historically been extremely bad for Lincoln City right, in terms of attracting fans? Certainly there's lots of Lincoln based Forest fans of a certain age, who would have been lured down the A46 by Cloughie, European Cups and the like.

My favourite bit of the County/Munto saga was when King took Sven to North Korea to discuss helping develop football there. All very odd.

Older fans will know better than me but...a strong Nottingham Forest has historically been extremely bad for Lincoln City right, in terms of attracting fans? Certainly there's lots of Lincoln based Forest fans of a certain age, who would have been lured down the A46 by Cloughie, European Cups and the like.

yeah, I'll hold my hand up for that one.

Notts County Ladies have been defunct for 2 years now. A team that also had to compete with a decent Forest Ladies team.
A shame as the original Lincoln Ladies team were formed back in the mid 90's, and had earned the right to stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Arsenal, Doncaster Belles, Everton and Liverpool in the inaugural season of the Womens Premier League in 2010. They were generating decent local support at Sincil Bank before the move and had a couple of England internationals playing for them.

This is correct. I had several school mates who went to Forest's games late 70's and early 80's because of their success coinciding with us being at that age when you started to follow a team. I went to a few games with them including the 1980 European Cup semi against Ajax but fortunately I had already got the Imps bug thanks to my dad. I will admit to wishing them far more success than County

That did happen, but I also remember Clough bemoaning the fact the people of Nottingham were not supporting his club by choosing to go and watch Taylor's Lincoln instead. A golden age for the floating supporter.

Was disgraceful how he was allowed to steal our brilliant ladies team (and then bankrupt them). Shameful of the FA to allow it to happen too (a la MK Dons).
Not quite true (or Trew), I'm afraid. As controversial as the original move may have been, Alan Hardy closed Notts County Ladies, not Ray Trew. Secondly, there was a very good reason why he did: in keeping with the majority of women's football, it was catastrophically unprofitable. The Ladies team had accumulated a legacy debt of half a million pounds to that point, and would have cost another half-million every season just to run it; the estimated income for the 2017-18 season was just £28,000. That is crazy economics, and could not have been sustained in Nottingham, Lincoln or anywhere else.

The club has now been re-started under the name Notts County Women, playing at a much lower level and seeking to be self-sufficient.

Not quite true (or Trew), I'm afraid. As controversial as the original move may have been, Alan Hardy closed Notts County Ladies, not Ray Trew. Secondly, there was a very good reason why he did: in keeping with the majority of women's football, it was catastrophically unprofitable. The Ladies team had accumulated a legacy debt of half a million pounds to that point, and would have cost another half-million every season just to run it; the estimated income for the 2017-18 season was just £28,000. That is crazy economics, and could not have been sustained in Nottingham, Lincoln or anywhere else.

The club has now been re-started under the name Notts County Women, playing at a much lower level and seeking to be self-sufficient.

Still Trew's fault though...

It's costing him a lot more to keep the men's club running at the moment with a lot less success

I haven't seen the quotes, but there is also the issue of whether anything he says, or intimates, that relies on his knowledge of confidential agreements between individuals and the club, could be in breach of the GDPR Data Protection Laws.

I hadn't considered that side, more the emotional intelligence and the moral turpitude side of it.

You are right more and more employment contracts have something about posting work employee/employer issues on social media.