Notts | Page 5 | Vital Football

Notts

The chairman got a bit of Twitter stick last night for calling out players by name.

Notts are a precautionary tale for me, I bought into the purchase of flashy forwards in the summer expecting them to do very well. Plus their League position last year, at this point I think they were still in the top three? What a difference a year make and a warning for anyone that sinks a tonne of cash into forwards.

In hindsight Danny's commitment to a solid defence is a less exciting but much more sustainable strategy. You only need one goal if you can stop the other team scoring. Notts need to be scoring two each game as a minimum just to draw and their heart clearly isn't in it.

I thought they'd paid well over the odds for Hemmings, who hardly set the world alight for a pretty ordinary Mansfield side last season. However, seeing them 7 points adrift is a major shock. Clearly things badly badly wrong there across the whole structure of the club.

Agree with most on here that they could get out of it... but they're hardly a great catch for players on the look-out for a move right now, and with Macclesfield under Campbell on a good run, and clubs like Morecambe well used to relegation scraps and rolling up their sleeves for the battle, you do fear for them.

21st Century man management, NOT!
'21st century management'?? What is that exactly, and is it any good?

Personally, I think he's got every right to call these players out in public if he wants to. They've been dog sh1te all season and they currently find themselves 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league. He knows all about the contracts they're on and so why not give them a very public kick up the behind to see if they can respond? It would certainly appear that all the other management styles they've tried this season haven't worked so maybe this will?

Personally, I think he's got every right to call these players out in public if he wants to. They've been dog sh1te all season and they currently find themselves 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league. He knows all about the contracts they're on and so why not give them a very public kick up the behind to see if they can respond? It would certainly appear that all the other management styles they've tried this season haven't worked so maybe this will?

I personally think it is shit, would you want your boss to call you out on social media, I think not. Meanwhile in real World there would be consequences if your boss did.

Solihull might be coming up!
They are absolute contenders now, no mistake. One of four teams for the title. Personally, I'm rooting for Orient as losing Notts and gaining Salford/Solihull/Fylde would be a joke (schadenfreude notwithstanding).

They are absolute contenders now, no mistake. One of four teams for the title. Personally, I'm rooting for Orient as losing Notts and gaining Salford/Solihull/Fylde would be a joke (schadenfreude notwithstanding).
I don't mind keeping a spot warm for Harrogate through the play offs with all the ex Imps connections there.

I personally think it is shit, would you want your boss to call you out on social media, I think not. Meanwhile in real World there would be consequences if your boss did.

I haven't seen the quotes, but there is also the issue of whether anything he says, or intimates, that relies on his knowledge of confidential agreements between individuals and the club, could be in breach of the GDPR Data Protection Laws.

Just looked at their line up from yesterday, Boldewijn and Dennis both on the bench who most teams in this league would gladly take. Mad really.

I haven't seen the quotes, but there is also the issue of whether anything he says, or intimates, that relies on his knowledge of confidential agreements between individuals and the club, could be in breach of the GDPR Data Protection Laws.

He said two of his players missed sitters. Hardly GDPR. Also hit back at a couple of fans who said he needed to spend loads of money, and also leave.

The problem is, the players he’s calling out, one in particular is a young lad who has only played a handful of games after finding his way up through non league- hardly the reason for their demise nor a big earner!

I just feel sorry for the city of Nottingham, a medium-sized provincial town that is home to two league clubs with more history than half of the rest of the league combined, both of which are now in perpetual crisis thanks to a succession of moronic owners.

My grandfather, who was a County fan, used to say Nottingham wasn't big enough to support two clubs. More accurately, it probably isn't big enough to support two big clubs, and that is what County always seem to be trying to be. Considering they have been in Forest's shadow for so many decades, perhaps they are just trying too hard?