Notts Cricket Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Notts Cricket Thread

Does make you think how good are bowlers actually are. Ball and Fletcher are no more than ok and where was guerney. Hopefully an off day for Chappell. Still missing a great spin bowler. Mullaney is past it

Does make you think how good are bowlers actually are. Ball and Fletcher are no more than ok and where was guerney. Hopefully an off day for Chappell. Still missing a great spin bowler. Mullaney is past it

Gurney is out in India playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL. Assume Broad wasn't allowed to play. (Does it really ruin a bowler to have to bowl 10 overs in a day?).

This "hundred" tournament will be a farce if the top English players aren't allowed to play. Wonder how much they will charge too? To sit in the pavilion for the India one day game costs £125 ! The laughable thing is it's sold out , so people obviously have more money than sense. Could pay £125 to watch it rain for 5 hours. Don't know what the minimum amount of play is for no refund.

Just back from Derby - a reasonably straightforward win in the end. Well done Fletch.
LK re the ‘hundred’ tournament - it’s a bloody joke. The quicker that the counties dump the current ECB hierarchy the better.

TPL, also went to the Derby match. Not been there for years, and it's certainly a different world to Trent Bridge. Parked in their car park with loose stones, and realised on the walk back to my car that all the glistening bits I'd driven through were broken glass. The loo I went to was in a portacabin, and loads of people had brought their own seats with them!

Derby batted well, but were far too one paced. Thought their bowlers actually bowled better than ours, but it's a sign of the times that Godleman's 116 off 148 was either too slow, or needed someone at the other end scoring faster. Bit of a boring wicket really, easyish to bat on, easy to get singles, but a lot more difficult to actually get boundaries. Just under 600 runs in a day seems pretty boring now!

I see Hales is expected to join up with England for their 3 day training camp.
I know that mental issues are not to be taken lightly ( I’m making a massive assumption there of course ) - but if isn’t fit to play for his county he shouldn’t be allowed to join up with England.

Well we know why Hales isn't playing now ! Serving a 21 day ban for taking "recreational drugs". Went to the Leics game today, but came home when rain stopped play. A win looks highly likely, though the wickets seem to be going down now I've come home ! (Now won by 87 runs). Four wins out of four in the 50 over tournament.

Ditto LK - left when the rain came.
What the hell was Duckett thinking? Crazy shot - missed it the first time & so repeated it & out. Just plain daft...

Ditto LK - left when the rain came.
What the hell was Duckett thinking? Crazy shot - missed it the first time & so repeated it & out. Just plain daft...

Yes , thought that too. He has been quite poor for us, but yesterday started to look like the England player he used to be. For the first time when I've seen him, he looked in control, then as you say he tried the silly flick it over the keepers head shot. Broke my run of seeing at least one century on each visit to TB (and Derby) this season too, when he was nearly there!

Nice to see Carter playing again. Do hope he makes it. Is Coughlin injured again?

Looks like things are going from bad to worse for Hales. Too much time on his hands? I don't suppose he'll be in the right frame of mind to play for Notts either. Hopefully next season he is back here full time.

Really can't believe Duckett has been called up by England either. Seems if you are in their good books they call you up no matter what.

Yorkshire CC 80
Somerset CC 0,4
Lancs RL 30
Derbys RL 4
Warwicks RL 3
Leics RL 86
Yorks RL 21

Don't look like England class scores to me !

Would not have been selected had it not been for Clarke being persona non grata.
At least Notts will benefit from Joe being banished by England.

So Pattinson has been called up into the Aussies A Team squad - no surprise there. As a result he’ll be leaving Notts early.
But Mick Newell is claiming that when Notts started talks to get him over here ( in January ) he was not on the Aussies radar.
Suggest that Newell wakes up & smells the coffee!

So Pattinson has been called up into the Aussies A Team squad - no surprise there. As a result he’ll be leaving Notts early.
But Mick Newell is claiming that when Notts started talks to get him over here ( in January ) he was not on the Aussies radar.

He just may be right. Cummins is the star man at the moment and we're not short of fast bowlers. But Pattinson sure would be on my radar !

When is he leaving?

Would not have been selected had it not been for Clarke being persona non grata.
At least Notts will benefit from Joe being banished by England.

We currently have Clarke's involvement in the Hepburn rape trial, Hales allegedly taking recreational drugs, and Duckett who poured a pint over Anderson . Looks like Duckett has served his time in the little black book, but still don't see how he deserved a call up for England.

Well played Samit!
My favourite player for a reason...
Do you think we will regret losing Wessels...he looked good today for Worcs. Excellent by Samit and Moores gave him good support.We Are gonna miss Pattinson big time when he goes off.