Notts County | Vital Football

Notts County

Warrington Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see Notts County got a new record crowd for the conference on Saturday 12843 beating Bristol Rovers crowd of 11085 In 2015, mind you it was £5 for adults and a quid for kids.

I still think we had 13-14 thousand in against Wycombe the crowd was a lot more than was officially announced

Southend also got 5821 on Saturday a bit like Stockport their gates have held up remarkably well considering the run they have had over the last few seasons.

County made a big push to get that record but by the looks of it, they gave lots of free tickets to Forest fans, Derby fans and schools.

I see Notts County got a new record crowd for the conference on Saturday 12843 beating Bristol Rovers crowd of 11085 In 2015, mind you it was £5 for adults and a quid for kids.

I still think we had 13-14 thousand in against Wycombe the crowd was a lot more than was officially announced

Southend also got 5821 on Saturday a bit like Stockport their gates have held up remarkably well considering the run they have had over the last few seasons.

We definitely did have over 13000 vs Wycombe.
And we all paid.

Not decrying them giving away free tickets, far from it.
Great way to attract new support (we're doing similar vs Accrington).
But, record attendances shouldn't be claimable if most are in there for free.

Very good gate, which could well be bettered when some of the big ex league clubs arrive. Chesterfield and Grimsby will both bring very decent followings. Wycombe aside, our 10,035(?) against Macc is another 5 figure gate and all paying full price too👊💥

Very good gate, which could well be bettered when some of the big ex league clubs arrive. Chesterfield and Grimsby will both bring very decent followings. Wycombe aside, our 10,035(?) against Macc is another 5 figure gate and all paying full price too👊💥
Grimsby will take about 8000 and there will be loads more in all the home stands.This is because Grimsby are a big team.Grimsby is also a massive Northern conurbation with a population of approximately 250000 .Lincoln in comparison is a small rural City. The citizens tend to have six fingers and a known to be rather backward

Grimsby will take about 8000 and there will be loads more in all the home stands.This is because Grimsby are a big team.Grimsby is also a massive Northern conurbation with a population of approximately 250000 .Lincoln in comparison is a small rural City. The citizens tend to have six fingers and a known to be rather backward
Quite a few are. You only have to read the comments sections of local news pages on FB whenever they post anything "woke". But I am sure there is plenty of knuckledraggers in Codlsnd too.

Last edited:
Clash of the Titans when these two meet, mainly as Counteh are the Cods natural rivals. Hopefully will be slugging it out in that league for a few more years!.

Clash of the Titans when these two meet, mainly as Counteh are the Cods natural rivals. Hopefully will be slugging it out in that league for a few more years!.

I read an hilarious thread on The Fishy where they were discussing their local rivals. We were clearly dismissed out of hand and they reckoned it was Scunthorpe which is fair enough.

Hull City (who they haven't played in the league since 1987)
Sheffield Wednesday (who they haven't played in the League for 18 years)
Barnsley for some reason

Tbh it made me laugh because I thought I bet fans of these 3 clubs don't even give a non league club like them a second thought.

A bit off topic, but related to away crowds, a letter in the NLP this week stated that Stockport took 5110 fans to Bolton for the cup tie, which was both the weekend's biggest away following, and the biggest ever away crowd for an FAC round 1 tie. Can't comment on the voracity of those claims, but good to see their fans are still behind them, although that would be something of a local derby (as Fishy and County)

I read an hilarious thread on The Fishy where they were discussing their local rivals. We were clearly dismissed out of hand and they reckoned it was Scunthorpe which is fair enough.

Hull City (who they haven't played in the league since 1987)
Sheffield Wednesday (who they haven't played in the League for 18 years)
Barnsley for some reason

Tbh it made me laugh because I thought I bet fans of these 3 clubs don't even give a non league club like them a second thought.
They often mention Sheffield United and Leeds as well...
They're priceless

A bit off topic, but related to away crowds, a letter in the NLP this week stated that Stockport took 5110 fans to Bolton for the cup tie, which was both the weekend's biggest away following, and the biggest ever away crowd for an FAC round 1 tie. Can't comment on the voracity of those claims, but good to see their fans are still behind them, although that would be something of a local derby (as Fishy and County)

Those claims of 5110 apprear to be true , although some seem to think it was more . Still a good away attendance , considering the home game attendance last saturday v Bromley was 5515 . It was on tele though .

Stockports cup replay tomorrow , wednesday , is a sell out 10.000 odd . they do get good crowds though , possible due to a lack of other clubs in the area . Ok you have the two Manchester clubs , enough said lol