Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm | Vital Football

Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
We go again.

Fresh from the 5-0 thrashing of Bristol City on New Year's Day (we will ignore the FA Cup result from the weekend), Villa will be keen to keep the ball rolling as it were by winning at the City Ground.

Forest, meanwhile, beat a reasonably strong Arsenal side 4-2 in the Cup and with Aitor Karanka confirmed as their new manager, will be looking to impress the new boss.

Thoughts?

Massive game for us.

Will we see the Villa v Bristol City , or the Villa v Brentford ?

We have to keep the same side as for the Bristol game bar Terry . After all no one else put their hand up for selection on Saturday.

Yes agree with that Sir Dennis.

Terry in for Elphick (although nothing against Tommy - thought he's played very well the past couple of matches, but JT is a must imho).

Hopefully Forest will not get any kind of new manager bounce, and as they are a side that seems unable to park the bus, we have every chance of getting something if we play like we did against Bristol. Let's hope Jack carries on his good form.

On the evidence of Sunday, Chester and JT need to keep their young striker under wraps (Brereton).

If the Bristol version turn up, I'll go 3-1 Villa. If it's the Brentford version.... :10:

Maybe it's a good thing that Karanka has been installed just before this game. Instead of coming off their biggest win in years under the same coaches, it will be all new to them with new management. At least that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

We seem to have a bit of Jekyll and Hyde about us, which one turns up is anyone's guess.

Yes that's why I see it as a massive game.

Play anywhere near like we did v Bristol and I will be getting my hopes up with regards to promotion , but if that proves to be a one off then I will be a worried man.

Karanka is a dull boring manager, but I doubt 5 days is enough to get across his dull boring defensive tactics, so I'm hoping we can get a few goals before he gets them drilled.

I'm gonna go for a 2-0 Villa win.

If he plays Onomah I'll throw up. I'd play the same team as last time, including Elphick. Don't think JT is up to speed yet. We need some consistency.

Is Onomah that bad?

He's a young kid and as such has a lot of ups and downs, but I think there's a player in there. Kids tend to have the occasional shocker though.

I understand the argument of why loan someone elses young kids if they aren't the finished product, we might as well blood our own, but he's here now and I don't think he's that bad.

He's been very good in some games.

DeanoVilla - 9/1/2018 13:27

Is Onomah that bad?

He's a young kid and as such has a lot of ups and downs, but I think there's a player in there. Kids tend to have the occasional shocker though.

I understand the argument of why loan someone elses young kids if they aren't the finished product, we might as well blood our own, but he's here now and I don't think he's that bad.

He's been very good in some games.

:110:

Thank God someone else said it - I thought I was going mad when I read the amount of stick he’s been getting on here! He’s been anonymous in some matches but has shown real talent in others.

He had a very good game at QPR , since then he has been poor .

No room for him in the side on Saturday , we need to keep the same balance as against Bristol City.

Yeah I'd agree with that SirDen based on recent form.

Just don't like to see the young lad made a scapegoat.

Suppose he was next in line with Hutton playing well and Whelan out for the last few.

I wouldn’t put him back in sirdennis, just don’t think he’s been as terrible as some suggest (though he is bang out of form) - same team as Bristol for me as well with the exception of Terry in for Elphick if he’s fit enough.

If he starts, Grealish will have to be moved or dropped to accommodate him.

We have half a dozen players who can play his position better than he can. I really don't understand why he's here.

Clearly a Villa win :94:

Onomah, as you say, some good moments. But is that enough? If he's going to be that patchy (and at times looks totally disinterested) then why not bring through one of our own - a better policy to build for the future surely?

He was woeful v Posh

Agreed. It's either him or Jack for that position and you can't leave Grealish out after the Bristol game.

Yes, Onomah is a kid, and we have our own kids who deserve a better chance than the one given by Numpty Bruce v Peterborough.

Leave the side as it is and see who turns up. Personally I'd play JT off the bench to help build his match fitness.

DeanoVilla - 9/1/2018 14:37

Just don't like to see the young lad made a scapegoat.

Suppose he was next in line with Hutton playing well and Whelan out for the last few.

Not sure he is being made a goat of scape, he's been average. I don't think that is being unfair really.

But do get what you mean, some seem to have to have one to hate. I've formed the opinion from all the games that I would rather see one of our own come through - he's too patchy.

His goal the other week was well taken though