Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm

Hope we can build back up, but all looks a bit futile right now, the amount of money being spent at the top of the Prem has us light years away really

Picking the same team is what Bruce normally does after a win but this time I think he'll bring in Terry .
I'd bring back Davis as well and leave out Hogan , I've given it a lot of thought and a part from his two headers against Bristol he did what not a lot .

If we have Jack running at Forest we might get away with Hogan but if we resort to type and hoof it forwards Hogan will look a chump again ,it will be a beating and all the Bruce out stuff will start again.

I'm a great believer in picking a team to play to the oppositions weakness and strengths. It's not about sticking with the same team or even rotating players it's about picking a team to win that game.

Definitely play hogan , his confidence will be better and dropping him would damage that , agree Terry will be back but it does seem harsh on Elphick .

I think we are running out of games to keep getting set backs so really important we win this and then win vs Barnsley .

A splendid away-day awaits, bringing back many memories of trips to the City Ground down the years.

Agree with Deano, same team as against Bristol City, but with John Terry in for Tommy Elphick.

Agree also with Silhill, important we return home with the points. We are now at the stage in the season where we need to start racking up the three pointers, get a good run going, and enter the final weeks of the campaign in hopefully an automatic promotion place, with others chasing us, and not the other way round.

I think Forest are more likely to have a hangover from the Arsenal game, not be lifted by it. The cup match must have taken a lot out of them,crowd expectation, new managers expecation etc, could all weigh heavy. I think Villa will catch them cold.
This is one we really could do with winning and Forest s results prior to the Arsenal game have been very poor.
Villa win.

Welcome back Glensider.

As ever the first 20 mins will be important , silence the home fans, sow a few seeds of doubt then smash them into The Trent.
Let's make it a happy M42 southbound

Looking forward to this one, Been a while since I have been to the City ground.

Agree Silhill , we need to start on the front foot.

glensider - 11/1/2018 20:48

A splendid away-day awaits, bringing back many memories of trips to the City Ground down the years.

Agree with Deano, same team as against Bristol City, but with John Terry in for Tommy Elphick.

Agree also with Silhill, important we return home with the points. We are now at the stage in the season where we need to start racking up the three pointers, get a good run going, and enter the final weeks of the campaign in hopefully an automatic promotion place, with others chasing us, and not the other way round.

Glensider! Bloody hell, how the devil are you? Happy new year and all that, hope you are well?

I'm sure Villa will welcome you back to the fold with a handsome victory on Saturday tea-time.

Yes I was doing a park and ride , but that will be out of the question now.

All trains to Nottingham today have been cancelled and I can't see they will be running tomorrow either.