Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Nottm Forest v Aston Villa, Sat 13th Jan, 5.30pm

Onomah shows some good signs and may well have a good career ahead of him. But that ain't the point. Bruce was playing him when either he was out of form or wasn't interested. We're not Spurs academy. The only point of bringing in a loan is that the loanee will contribute something tangible and valuable to our aim of getting promoted, something extra to what we've got. We have other players who can play there who can contribute as much or more, and if we're in to playing inexperienced players to improve them then we've plenty of those queuing up.

If Onomah was doing it on the field then I'd have no problems with him being selected. But he's not, not consistently enough.

Couldn't agree more MTG, I lost count the number of times Onomah lost or gave the ball away then didn't tackle, close the man down or track back. If we weren't going to start with JDH or Whelan we could have played Thor in the position he actually prefers and not on the wing where he is usually ineffective. This would have allowed RH-M to start and assist KD up front.

The Fear - 9/1/2018 16:48

DeanoVilla - 9/1/2018 14:37

Just don't like to see the young lad made a scapegoat.

Suppose he was next in line with Hutton playing well and Whelan out for the last few.

Not sure he is being made a goat of scape, he's been average. I don't think that is being unfair really.

But do get what you mean, some seem to have to have one to hate. I've formed the opinion from all the games that I would rather see one of our own come through - he's too patchy.

His goal the other week was well taken though

Yeah thats fine. Saying he's been average and doesn't deserve to play is one thing, but some people are just nasty with it. Not you, but a lot are.

Some people always need someone to hate.

We should be heading to places liken Forest who are lower mid-table teams with a view to win.

Keep Jedi in the middle, get Grealish into the game and on the ball and keep Whelan and Onomah off the pitch as for me they’ve been poor performers over the past few games.

Forest are going no where in the league and have just had a great cup win, potentially there focus is on the cup? Fingers crossed for a good result like Bristol City - by good result I’ll take a confident 1-0 away victory any day.

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game between Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa this Saturday.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524067">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I see that this incompetent clown has been reffing for 10 seasons !!!!!

I wonder if he has managed to get a decision right during this time. I would be amazed if he has , because he is quite simply the worst referee we have had in a Notts Forest fixture ever.

I hope we win, but not sure if our boys would be confident of a win after the defeat to Peterborough although I understand the side playing at Forest would be hopefully the same that did against Bristol and not the one that played in the debacle last weekend.

Welcome Villan84. Yes I will be amazed if Bruce changes the side that beat Brstol , bar Terry coming in for Elphick.

sirdennis - 11/1/2018 14:31

Welcome Villan84. Yes I will be amazed if Bruce changes the side that beat Brstol , bar Terry coming in for Elphick.

I think i would leave Elphick in the team last two games were two clean sheets until he does something wrong i dont think you can drop him.

hightrinity - 11/1/2018 15:37

sirdennis - 11/1/2018 14:31

I think i would leave Elphick in the team last two games were two clean sheets until he does something wrong i dont think you can drop him.

Yep I think that will happen. Elphick plays. Will bollox up. We lose and Terry back in as Bruce can then justify it. Whereas now I don't think he can.
Terry can't be up to speed yet.

Cheery stuff I know .

I think the argument is who plays alongside Terry. I do not see how we can afford to leave out someone of his class and experience. He had his run out in the shambles against Peterboro' so should be okay for Forest.

Chester has barely put a foot wrong since he joined us and his performance go under the radar a bit. Chester and Terry for me. You have to play your best players and Terry is miles better than Elphick.

Villa since '63 - 11/1/2018 15:54

I think the argument is who plays alongside Terry. I do not see how we can afford to leave out someone of his class and experience. He had his run out in the shambles against Peterboro' so should be okay for Forest.

Agreed. Terry should be first name on the sheet. But with Elphick playing so well, 2 clean sheets and Terry only 90 mins back in a nightmare of a game after 2 months out. It will be same line up until a cock up.
That's Terry playing against Barnsley then!

sirdennis - 11/1/2018 15:58

Chester has barely put a foot wrong since he joined us and his performance go under the radar a bit. Chester and Terry for me. You have to play your best players and Terry is miles better than Elphick.

Im not saying in a million year's that Elphick is better than Terry but if you drop him what does that say to the rest of your players you can get your chance in the first team but no matter how well you play your out when the other player is fit. Where is the incentive to play well.

A great video of Villa v Forest and how two such historic and storied clubs have fallen from grace.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524074">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Terry is not back up to match fitness, and with an injury like his you don't want him back too soon. Playing him throughout against Posh was a risk. I'd play Elphick.

In fact I'd play the same team as against Bristol C. True, Bristol were out on their feet, but it's still the best team we've got as of this moment.

Result? If it's the same team don't know; it'll be a good test of how good this team is. It depends partly on whether they're sent out in a positive frame of mind. Too defensive and we'll lose.

Yes, last season's first meeting was the first time two former European champions had met outside their country's top division in European history. What a sad fall from grace.