Nottingham Signs | Vital Football

Nottingham Signs

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Defender Michael Nottingham has left Vanarama National league North champions Salford City to join SkyBet League One side Blackpool.
The 29-year-old, who was recently named in the National League North team of the season, has agreed a two-year deal with the Seasiders, with the option of a further year.

Nottingham helped Salford City to the National League North title in April and was previously voted the supporters’ player of the year in his first season at the Peninsula Stadium.
He can operate as a right-back, central defender or wing-back and has a real eye for a goal.
He was an integral part of the Solihull Moors side that won the National League North title in 2016 and made it a `double` National League North triumph with Salford last term.
He started out with Romulus and Redditch United before moving to Gresley Rovers, where he was selected for the Evo-Stik League First Division South’s team of the season.

That fine form earned a move to Solihull in 2013 and he had a great 2015/16 campaign, picking up the players’ and supporters’ player of the year awards as well as a divisional winners` medal.
He carried that form on at Moor Lane and after a great first season with Salford was named as the supporters’ player of the year as well as being selected in the National League North team of the season.
He will officially become a Blackpool player on July 1st having made a total of ninety-three appearances for Salford, scoring 15 goals in the process.
Nottingham told Blackpool`s official website: “I’m over the moon and I can’t wait to get going. I’m really thankful for the opportunity – it’s something I’ve always wanted, to play league football – and to be at Blackpool, a club with such history, is an amazing feeling. I’m ready to give it everything I’ve got”.

Sorry to be negative and I'm sure he will be solid but a 29 year old from non league. Tilt 2, I wonder

Everyone needs a chance and I'm not writing him off. Just wish he was 5 or 6 years younger. Hoping he isn't being viewed as a replacement to Mellor.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgI hope so too. That said some come good some don't. Tilt and Quigley are the extreme o;pposites signed by GB last season.

He is chuffing huge though. Look at the size of his arms :eek!:01.jpg
02-jpg.27059

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 39
Like Hasty, I'm afraid I can't get too excited about a 29 year old from the sixth tier of football....

I hope I'm proven wrong.

I still hope we keep Mellor. In any well run club he would have been offered a new contract last summer.