Not unexpected N/G | Vital Football

Not unexpected N/G

Some might not like it, but this direction of travel is solidly plumbed-in to the sat-navs of American billionaires. The money rich lobby of Armchair Sports Inc carries a lot more weight than the ideals of hard-core fans - probably in more ways than one :nopity:

I’m seriously hoping that this comes to fruition.
I have very little interest in the PL and will have even less in the European League.

I’m seriously hoping that this comes to fruition.
I have very little interest in the PL and will have even less in the European League.
It would achieve I believe a better but smaller football league. Not sure I would ever welcome this as large number of clubs at all levels going bankrupt is the net result.But I do totally get your feelings on the matter.

From my understanding this isn't a replacement for domestic leagues but a replacement for the Champions League.

Indeed it is, but with eighteen clubs participating and involving 30 plus games during the season they would be unable to compete in the EPL as well unless they were allowed to enter their B teams in the English league, perhaps I read it all wrong.

Indeed it is, but with eighteen clubs participating and involving 30 plus games during the season they would be unable to compete in the EPL as well unless they were allowed to enter their B teams in the English league, perhaps I read it all wrong.
Unless a bit like test and county cricket the players have limited availability for domestic competition for say 10 to 20 games a season.

No , the football authorities need to make a stand, if the clubs wish to play in a European type league for 30 matches then they should not be allowed to compete in the EPL. It should be either go or stay.

Then there is the question of fans, they will need deep pockets and plenty of free time to watch them play live, a Tuesday night in Rome is not quite the same as a evening match at Wolverhampton.

No , the football authorities need to make a stand, if the clubs wish to play in a European type league for 30 matches then they should not be allowed to compete in the EPL. It should be either go or stay.

Then there is the question of fans, they will need deep pockets and plenty of free time to watch them play live, a Tuesday night in Rome is not quite the same as a evening match at Wolverhampton.
Be interesting to see just how much power these teams have .There is no way the TV revenue would be the same for the EPL if they do lose five top clubs with or without a B teams representing some clubs.

Be interesting to see just how much power these teams have .There is no way the TV revenue would be the same for the EPL if they do lose five top clubs with or without a B teams representing some clubs.
Read the article, THEN comment