Not the Swindon match thread... | Vital Football

Not the Swindon match thread...

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
...but is Saturday our first genuine 'Must Win' game of the season? After Tuesday's disappointment I feel any hope of chasing a play off spot ends if we don't manage to pick up 3 points from the Swine.
Maybe it's just because it's the old enemy that I'm desperate for us to get a win. Especially as I've already stated a mid table position is fine this year if I can attend a proper promotion push next season.
Anyway, 'If your all going to (log in to Ifollow) Swindon clap your hands!'

Ah yes, twice a year

We try to get ourselves worked up about playing the auld enemy. That turns into a row about whether we should care about Swindon anymore, if ever.

Then the final humiliation. Not only do we have no rivals, those we explicitly identify as such look at us and say what? Oxford, Reading, Luton at a pinch, but -who did you say you were again? Finally, someone like AK treks over to their MB and says could someone come over to ours and say something, you know, anything, I dunno -Ray McHale?

I suppose we should have all listed Swindon on that irrational thread. Why do we all hate Swindon, granddad? Well young man, as far as I can tell, it's because the fucking bastards don't hate us.