Not Latics - Rangers, Celtic, Scottish stuff | Page 4 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Rangers, Celtic, Scottish stuff

The idiots at the top of the Scottish government have only themselves to blame. They encouraged people to gather illegally several days ago to stop immigration officers acting totally lawfully, yet today are whinging like buggary because football fans are out celebrating. Tomorrow they’ll be virtue signalling again over another protest. Their hypocrisy is astounding.

That's politicians for ya....regardless of party, creed or colour. Not to mention their 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude.

I avoided the city today. Anyway for me it's all about the latics now. Been coming to Wigan for 9 years and captured my imagination in an amazing way. Given me a chance to support a team that's not always expected to win but can defy the odds like no other. I've grown tired of what being an old firm fan could offer. Trebles, champions league nights and so on. Wigan has given me a chance to see some amazing moments and given me memories as good as anything I've seen anywhere else.

The idiots at the top of the Scottish government have only themselves to blame. They encouraged people to gather illegally several days ago to stop immigration officers acting totally lawfully, yet today are whinging like buggary because football fans are out celebrating. Tomorrow they’ll be virtue signalling again over another protest. Their hypocrisy is astounding.
Whining like buggery because Bears fans out celebrating more like.

Why we talking about this on wigan vital. It’s only a two team league. It’s Like Man Utd and Liverpool. Playing in league one.

Stop being a miserable owd un.....our season has finished & it's not like this thread is stopping loads of talk about Latics...if you don't like the topic then don't click on it.....simples 😉

Stop being a miserable owd un.....our season has finished & it's not like this thread is stopping loads of talk about Latics...if you don't like the topic then don't click on it.....simples 😉

Does that mean we can bring the Brexit and Covid threads back in from Off Topic then?

:party:

;)

So then, did the Rangers fans celebrations get quelled or did they get disbanded and sent home?
Just wondering if they were given the same rights as the 150,000 or so demonstrating in London today or is it seen as wrong to celebrate with a Union Flag but right to demonstrate with a Palestinian or Hamas flag? Just wondering.

Context.

Such a simple little word, but so easily ignored.

Ironically, in many different contexts.

So then, did the Rangers fans celebrations get quelled or did they get disbanded and sent home?
Just wondering if they were given the same rights as the 150,000 or so demonstrating in London today or is it seen as wrong to celebrate with a Union Flag but right to demonstrate with a Palestinian or Hamas flag? Just wondering.
This just about sums up our society today.
people more concerned about being able to have a bit of fun and celebration then the plight of those less fortunate who happen to be born into an area of conflict where they are being bullied by an arrogant nation.

Not having a pop at you Jeff n was great to see Gers win the title....only trouble I have is the CONSTANT protestant / catholic hatred that comes from BOTH sets of supporters & the trouble it causes - it's like back in the dark ages with their bile & vitriol. I'm all for rivalry but they tend to take it to the next level & beyond.
As to the Hamas / Palestine demonstration - what a horrendous situation for the innocent on both sides but it's a huge minefield of political mess if ever was one....if you let one demonstration go ahead then you have to be fair with regards to allowing a mass football celebration....imo

We get it already...every team has a minority of bell ends supporting them. If Celtic ever win anything again we look forward to you mass posting their transgressions as well. We look on with interest at todays pro-palestinian March from the nats.

Unable to view your twitter link there GL but presume it's the pics of the rubbish etc of Glasgow...George Square / Queens St? Not a great look & some clowns def giving a bad name to Rangers. Now I'm not using this as an excuse but imagine the scenario / scenes if Celtic had won 10 in a row...... i'd hazard a guess of similar sorts of shit as both sets of supporters have their fair share of idiots. Such a shame it's taken the shine off a great achievement...☹

Classic case yesterday of football fans scorned on for breaking Covid protocol but political activists and demonstrators welcomed despite doing the same. (gather in huge groups)
That is regardless of clubs involved or political preference or the cause.
Again some contributors on this board criticised Latics fans for gathering last Sunday. Do the same folk think it was ok to gather in much bigger groups to protest yesterday or at a BLM rally last year.
None of them are exactly helping the fight against the disease.

Tear gas and rubber bullets is the answer Jeff, whether it be Latics fans, Rangers or a march through London, dickheads the lot of em!

Tear gas and rubber bullets is the answer Jeff, whether it be Latics fans, Rangers or a march through London, dickheads the lot of em!

Unsure why you mention Latics fans as last weeks gathering was entirely peaceful, good natured and self policed. However I do agree there is certainly a need for a review in public order tactics available for UK police. Protests are seemingly becoming more commonplace now and are increasingly more organised with intent by certain factions, often left wing affiliated, on causing serious disorder. The authorities need to have greater tactics and tools at their disposal to counter this. Unfortunately there would be the usual left wing outrage but that’s what they want and politicians need a backbone to ignore them. We have a strong Home Secretary and she needs support, not being told to leave the country as certain racist union officials suggest.

As for the disorder in Glasgow yesterday it was unacceptable. However when you have a government up there actively seeking division and increasing tensions amongst communities I suspect this will become more commonplace as tribal lines are reinforced by the Nationalists actions and rhetoric.