Not Latics - Politics | Page 13 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Politics

Isn't it only in dictatorships that folk are mandated (with no dissent allowed) to do stuff?
Correct and on the same premise also noted that 106k NHS workers in addition to everyone working in care homes are at risk of losing their livelihoods if they don't follow the double jab mandate......!
Dictatorship is closer than some may think

Correct and on the same premise also noted that 106k NHS workers in addition to everyone working in care homes are at risk of losing their livelihoods if they don't follow the double jab mandate......!
Bloody government ! 😉

Utter rubbish 🤦

The double jab mandate is being pushed by the employers insurance companies.

The NHS especially, would be considerably out of pocket if families of unvaccinated members of staff decided to sue because their loved one contracted covid whilst working in a covid environment.

Give it a couple of weeks, Its not about not wearing the Poppy its about him showing disrespect by turning his back on the two minutes silence, and he'll do it again you'll see!
How on earth do yo turn your back against silence?

Regardless, he'll do what his beliefs and life experience tell him to be right. It's what people fought for ... in an open minded, round about way of course.

Utter rubbish 🤦

The NHS especially, would be considerably out of pocket if families of unvaccinated members of staff decided to sue because their loved one contracted covid whilst working in a covid environment.
Not rubbish at all pal - I would refer you to the comments made and widely reported today by the health sec Mr Javid !

How on earth do yo turn your back against silence?

Regardless, he'll do what his beliefs and life experience tell him to be right. It's what people fought for ... in an open minded, round about way of course.
No different to taking the knee bollocks- or not - IMO

Utter rubbish 🤦

How could they prove where or from whom they contracted it?

A lot of jobs contain an element of risk. If someone wants to work in a healthcare setting but won’t take personal responsibility to mitigate that risk - such as a vaccine against a deadly virus - then I’ve no sympathy if they get it.

How could they prove where or from whom they contracted it?

A lot of jobs contain an element of risk. If someone wants to work in a healthcare setting but won’t take personal responsibility to mitigate that risk - such as a vaccine against a deadly virus - then I’ve no sympathy if they get it.
Will send you a PM.

They're already mandatory for NHS staff, and have been for quite a while.
My wife is a nurse at the Infirmary, and she had her booster jab 4 weeks ago.

Will send you a PM.

They're already mandatory for NHS staff, and have been for quite a while.
My wife is a nurse at the Infirmary, and she had her booster jab 4 weeks ago.
If that's the case then you are arguing against yourself - if 106k NHS workers have not yet been vaccinated after 18 months then clearly they are not mandatory- yet.
My point is to make them mandatory or otherwise fire them is dictatorship by the back door.
Might also put a bit more strain on the system unless there are 106k individuals trained and ready to step up ?

To be fair if the government don't make the jabs mandatory then the insurance giants, who have the power to close down businesses if they refuse to insure them, certainly will.

I have said this from the start and stand by it.

I worked in the construction industry for many years and it was the insurance companies that insisted that companies complete risk assessments and method statements for all aspects of work on site. Many believe this to be to down to Health and Safety reasons but it is in fact to prove fault in cases of accident and injury in legal cases. If an operative deviates from the method statement or fails to comply with the risk assessment they automatically invalidate the insurance.

The same will happen to the health and care sector. If companies employ staff who are not vaccinated then they will increase their premiums to eye watering amounts or even refuse cover, forcing the employer to comply or go out of business through lack of insurance cover.

If that's the case then you are arguing against yourself - if 106k NHS workers have not yet been vaccinated after 18 months then clearly they are not mandatory- yet.
My point is to make them mandatory or otherwise fire them is dictatorship by the back door.
Might also put a bit more strain on the system unless there are 106k individuals trained and ready to step up ?

The care sector has already been mandated and it comes into effect on the 11th November.

Whether it is dictatorship by the back door or simply the government protecting the public is personal opinion. Bear in mind that there is already a precedent set by the fact that certain staff working within the NHS have to undergo vaccinations to be able to work in certain areas and undertake some duties.

To be fair if the government don't make the jabs mandatory then the insurance giants, who have the power to close down businesses if they refuse to insure them, certainly will.

I have said this from the start and stand by it.

I worked in the construction industry for many years and it was the insurance companies that insisted that companies complete risk assessments and method statements for all aspects of work on site. Many believe this to be to down to Health and Safety reasons but it is in fact to prove fault in cases of accident and injury in legal cases. If an operative deviates from the method statement or fails to comply with the risk assessment they automatically invalidate the insurance.

The same will happen to the health and care sector. If companies employ staff who are not vaccinated then they will increase their premiums to eye watering amounts or even refuse cover, forcing the employer to comply or go out of business through lack of insurance cover.
And there's me thinking we live in a democracy 🙄
Having escaped the clutches of the unelected EU overlords seems we are now beholden to the unelected CEOs of insurance companies 🤔
If the case then someone in gvt needs to grow a pair and pass law to negate this control.
Freedom for Tooting and all that !

And there's me thinking we live in a democracy 🙄
Having escaped the clutches of the unelected EU overlords seems we are now beholden to the unelected CEOs of insurance companies 🤔
If the case then someone in gvt needs to grow a pair and pass law to negate this control.
Freedom for Tooting and all that !
The rules are there to protect you.
The vaccination won't stop you catching covid, but it will stop you dying from it.
Insurance companies all over the world are now very twitchy due to all the covid related work claims heading their way.
Insurers have always had a strict policy when it comes to work.
If you started work, say, 30 minutes before your due start time and then seriously injured yourself during that 30 minutes, you and your employers would be uninsured.
If that injury was serious enough to cut your work life short, you wouldn't be able to claim for any damages.

"Can I just ask why you voted Conservative"?
"Because they're going to give me a zero hours contract take away my workers rights and my human rights I can work till I'm 75 get the worst pension in Europe and the thought of raw sewage in my drinking water really appeals to me." https://t.co/pLzCZg253E

"Can I just ask why you voted Conservative"?
"Because they're going to give me a zero hours contract take away my workers rights and my human rights I can work till I'm 75 get the worst pension in Europe and the thought of raw sewage in my drinking water really appeals to me." https://t.co/pLzCZg253E
Other than at the time the only realistic alternative was Corbyn.
Now the only realistic alternative is the fella with the peerage who loves BLM, minority pressure groups and donkeys more than trad Labour voters - which is why the tories will likely win again and zero hours, shit pensions and sewage will continue with impunity.

Sorry to jump on this chat H.
However this post does appear somewhat ironic; considering the chats that went on around the time of the election(s) and Brexit.
A number of us were concerned about the swing towards dictatorship by the Leave/UKIP/Tory axis.

And just to stoke your fires - unelected bureaucrats, I give you the rather excellent Lord Frost

Other than at the time the only realistic alternative was Corbyn.
Now the only realistic alternative is the fella with the peerage who loves BLM, minority pressure groups and donkeys more than trad Labour voters - which is why the tories will likely win again and zero hours, shit pensions and sewage will continue with impunity.
Ah, the chaos of Ed Milliband
and
A little redistribution of wealth by Corbyn (I am no Corbyn fan, as you know. I speak as a centrist.

Sorry to jump on this chat H.
However this post does appear somewhat ironic; considering the chats that went on around the time of the election(s) and Brexit.
A number of us were concerned about the swing towards dictatorship by the Leave/UKIP/Tory axis.

And just to stoke your fires - unelected bureaucrats, I give you the rather excellent Lord Frost
It may well be ironic Daleks - however putting my personal view aside simply making the point that without credible opposition any gvt irrelevant of who it is will begin to act with impunity - for Boris now see Blair previously.
It's on the labour party (or an other) to provide challenging and credible opposition to keep excess in check - currently this is sadly lacking to the detriment of all

I take your point re a credible opposition Hampton. Personally, I think "credible" can be replaced with "won't lie through their teeth", but maybe that's just me.