Not Latics - Politics | Page 10 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Politics

As per usual, you understand the points being made, but choose to ignore them.

It doesn't allow for intelligent debate. I now realise this......though it took me some time.

Understanding a point made doesn’t make it necessarily relevant to the discussion, nor does it require acknowledgment.

I stepped away from debating politics on here around autumn as it got no where. There were about 5 or 6 threads, now off topic, you generated to pursue an agenda against the PM and the government. Despite recognising and acknowledging his and their failings it became apparent providing balance was pretty pointless. I realised intelligent debate is not really possible with such an obsessive so saw little pointing carrying it on. Whilst I understand a new news channel challenging the narrative you champion may cause some angst, I am somewhat surprised at your response. So despite trying to provide further balance to the latest discussion point around broadcast media it’s a reminder it’s still not an efficient or productive use of my time. Therefore I’m going to endeavour to readopt my previous stance. As such feel free to crack on and fill yer boots.

Just wondering, if this thread is 'not Latics', and is titled 'Politics', it is obviously not football, so why is it still on here and not been fucked off to to its rightful place with the Brexit and Cricket threads.
At least Cricket is a sport of sorts, but Politics ...........get it fucked off, and let the bores argue away elsewhere!!!

Understanding a point made doesn’t make it necessarily relevant to the discussion, nor does it require acknowledgment.

I stepped away from debating politics on here around autumn as it got no where. There were about 5 or 6 threads, now off topic, you generated to pursue an agenda against the PM and the government. Despite recognising and acknowledging his and their failings it became apparent providing balance was pretty pointless. I realised intelligent debate is not really possible with such an obsessive so saw little pointing carrying it on. Whilst I understand a new news channel challenging the narrative you champion may cause some angst, I am somewhat surprised at your response. So despite trying to provide further balance to the latest discussion point around broadcast media it’s a reminder it’s still not an efficient or productive use of my time. Therefore I’m going to endeavour to readopt my previous stance. As such feel free to crack on and fill yer boots.

You see MiW, you continue to make things up. I don't think you'll find anything from me where I indicate that GB News causes me angst. In fact, I've praised Neil on numerous occasions. Me saying that I don't believe the BBC, Sky, Ch 4 and ITV to be left wing doesn't mean that I have anything against GB News ... even in your mind, you create that connection.

I'm sorry, but you offer little balance, if any whatsoever. You offered an opinion article from a right wing paper as some kind of "evidence", and when I point this out, you obfuscate ...... obviously through watching too much of the PM.

I'm not the one who falls out with other posters, nor am I the one who labels other posters with silly modish nicknames or tags. I'd be happy to debate issues rather than creating little slanging matches ....... but this isn't always reciprocated.

I know you don't want to acknowledge the myriad of government lies and cock ups, that's OK. I understand that it must be difficult.

It'll take time, but just like Trump is surely going to, I truly believe that eventually, Johnson will get his comeuppance.

Just wondering, if this thread is 'not Latics', and is titled 'Politics', it is obviously not football, so why is it still on here and not been fucked off to to its rightful place with the Brexit and Cricket threads.
At least Cricket is a sport of sorts, but Politics ...........get it fucked off, and let the bores argue away elsewhere!!!

Serious question mate ..... why come on the thread. Does it matter where it's located? You know it's nowt to do wi' Latics, so why bother?

Here here

I made a similar point to you yesterday John, but here you are again !

I can only presume that it fulfills your need to have summat to moan abart !
;)

That’s a good one you have done some moaning about. Boris

Oh, absolutely I do. I make no bones about that. I'm sure you'd be doing exactly the same had Corbyn won the election and been in government.

However, I don't go onto a thread, with a clearly defined title, and moan that all the content on the thread is about the clearly defined title !
;)

You see MiW, you continue to make things up. I don't think you'll find anything from me where I indicate that GB News causes me angst. In fact, I've praised Neil on numerous occasions. Me saying that I don't believe the BBC, Sky, Ch 4 and ITV to be left wing doesn't mean that I have anything against GB News ... even in your mind, you create that connection.

I'm sorry, but you offer little balance, if any whatsoever. You offered an opinion article from a right wing paper as some kind of "evidence", and when I point this out, you obfuscate ...... obviously through watching too much of the PM.

I'm not the one who falls out with other posters, nor am I the one who labels other posters with silly modish nicknames or tags. I'd be happy to debate issues rather than creating little slanging matches ....... but this isn't always reciprocated.

I know you don't want to acknowledge the myriad of government lies and cock ups, that's OK. I understand that it must be difficult.

It'll take time, but just like Trump is surely going to, I truly believe that eventually, Johnson will get his comeuppance.

You see, even now you just can’t help yourself having a little dig at the PM. You’re obsessed, as evidenced by your myriad of threads off topic, which predominantly only you contribute you with Twitter links to left wing commentators with a grievance over summat or other. Apparently you think those opinions are evidence. but get agitated when alternate views are expressed as they aren’t evidence, even when not presented as such. Folk rarely respond to these multitude of threads as they aren’t interested. That should tell you summat. You don’t see balance because you don’t want to see it. You don’t want to acknowledge positives because you don’t want them to exist. As such debate with you is utterly futile and pointless as I’ve pointed out.

You see, even now you just can’t help yourself having a little dig at the PM. You’re obsessed, as evidenced by your myriad of threads off topic, which predominantly only you contribute you with Twitter links to left wing commentators with a grievance over summat or other. Apparently you think those opinions are evidence. but get agitated when alternate views are expressed as they aren’t evidence, even when not presented as such. Folk rarely respond to these multitude of threads as they aren’t interested. That should tell you summat. You don’t see balance because you don’t want to see it. You don’t want to acknowledge positives because you don’t want them to exist. As such debate with you is utterly futile and pointless as I’ve pointed out.
Nail on the head there pal 👍
And some of those left wing commentators have a less than glowing reputation.
Take vehement leftie Carole Cadwallader of the Guardian (AKA "Carole Codswallop"), she's had to issue dozens of apologies over the years for false reporting, in fact, only in the last few months she lost a high court libel case against Arron Banks.
The left currently seem to be taking a leaf out of their communist family playbook, smear misinformation in the hope some of it might stick...

See .... same again. You bypass my GB News response completely, and then you ignore my pointing out that I was merely balancing your view of bias (re the Telegraph article).

I don't think I've posted links from "left wing commentators" as I don't follow any. Why would I? I'm not left wing.

I have however posted news articles (not opinions) from industry experts and (respected) news journalists - from a whole cross section of media, written and broadcast, right and left. :shrug:

Hell, I even posted a link from Cummings' blog. Is he a Trotsky now?

I reckon I've acknowledged more positives about Tory actions than you Labour, but I know you won't see it this way. If I could find positives re Johnson - other than the vaccination programme - I would ... though it's difficult.

You do realise that with your last comment, you may as well be holding up a mirror. I respond to your points .... you almost always decline to do so with mine, instead finding refuge in generalisations and finger pointing. That's a shame.

Nail on the head there pal 👍
And some of those left wing commentators have a less than glowing reputation.
Take vehement leftie Carole Cadwallader of the Guardian (AKA "Carole Codswallop"), she's had to issue dozens of apologies over the years for false reporting, in fact, only in the last few months she lost a high court libel case against Arron Banks.
The left currently seem to be taking a leaf out of their communist family playbook, smear misinformation in the hope some of it might stick...

EV, feel free to find a single article from Ms Cadwallader that I've posted ... though I should warn you, ... it'll be a fruitless task.

I do love though how (by inference) you seem to absolve all "right wing commentators" of similar mud-chucking.

EV, feel free to find a single article from Ms Cadwallader that I've posted ... though I should warn you, ... it'll be a fruitless task.

I do love though how (by inference) you seem to absolve all "right wing commentators" of similar mud-chucking.
All journos regardless of Political allegiance are far from squeaky clean, but in his day & age of left leaning media, those lies from prominent left wing journos gain more traction because your average left wing voter will believe anything they read...

I've said all along I'm personally not going to move threads to off topic. Not sure why you chose to comment on a thread when you point out yourself the thread title - it's clear enough, so I don't know why you bothered reading it if it's so uninteresting. I skim read the first line of every post and nothing more.

Let folk who want to - just get on with it.

When I've had enough of admin (not quite yet) you can volunteer to take it on Jonny, I'll back you.

All journos regardless of Political allegiance are far from squeaky clean, but in his day & age of left leaning media, those lies from prominent left wing journos gain more traction because your average left wing voter will believe anything they read...

You see, you're at it again. You can't just say something and expect it to be taken as true.

Even though you say "this day and age of left leaning media", I hope you'd agree we've already shown that certainly in terms of the written press, the right wing element a) count for more publications than the left, and b) have massively more circulation than the left.

Also, let's say that you're right when you say "your average left wing voter will believe anything they read", surely you'd need to concede that the same would apply to the average right wing voter too ... and given that there's more right leaning publications, with that massive circulation advantage, then it's logical to argue that they have a much bigger impact.

As for broadcast media, I still maintain that all of them walk the line of impartiality and rightly challenge and hold to account politicians from all sides. I hope GB News will do the same.

See .... same again. You bypass my GB News response completely, and then you ignore my pointing out that I was merely balancing your view of bias (re the Telegraph article).

I don't think I've posted links from "left wing commentators" as I don't follow any. Why would I? I'm not left wing.

I have however posted news articles (not opinions) from industry experts and (respected) news journalists - from a whole cross section of media, written and broadcast, right and left. :shrug:

Hell, I even posted a link from Cummings' blog. Is he a Trotsky now?

I reckon I've acknowledged more positives about Tory actions than you Labour, but I know you won't see it this way. If I could find positives re Johnson - other than the vaccination programme - I would ... though it's difficult.

You do realise that with your last comment, you may as well be holding up a mirror. I respond to your points .... you almost always decline to do so with mine, instead finding refuge in generalisations and finger pointing. That's a shame.

Are you so precious you want a response to every minutiae point? I haven’t the time. If you’re after one re GB news, well you constantly claim other channels listed don’t have a bias - dispute widely held opinion and evidence to the contrary. You have got all uppity and agitated about it for some reason. Whether it’s this, the PM’s increasing popularity, the constant failure of the left to land blows on him or other reasons I don’t know.

Labour aren’t a sitting government, there is little to judge them on as they don’t actually achieve anything. To the contrary they are going backwards and are in disarray. Starmer sits there like a lost soul. He has Tories jeering him from the front, labours hard left jeering him from the rear and folk like Raynor glaring at him from the side. I actually feel sorry for him. Strong opposition is important yet we don’t have it. Id struggle to even list their proposed policies. Instead we have him banging on about wallpaper. As for the Conservatives, along with every government they do some things well, others less so. As I constantly say. Yet for you, the bbc, the Guardian and other outlets they get over excited about one aspect whilst ignoring the other. There is little impartiality. It’s why continued political debate with you is pointless until you find perspective.

Precious? No. Interested as to why you ignore an alternative view, or a challenge to what you've offered? Yes.

As I've said many times, those on the left believe the Beeb to be biased to the right, and those on the right believe it to be biased to the left. :shrug: You mention evidence but don't offer any ....... yet I've put forward Laura Kuenessberg as being "sympathetic" toward the PM on many occasions ... plus, wasn't it Daleks who mentioned about Robbie Gibb moving to No 10. I know stuff like that doesn't help your argument (and I'm sure you'll quote people like Goodall back to me) but this is where I see both sides, whereas you tend not to. The Beeb are seen as biased by both sides.

Uppity and agitated? I don't think I have. I'm in quite a reflective mood today. A good friend's dad died the other day, and we're trying to work out how to hold a bloody good socially distanced wake !

Your second paragraph is ..... well, I'm not sure what it is. I'm not sure why you wrote it either .... other than to have your usual pop at Starmer (which easily balances mine at Johnson).

You finish, again, with pointless accusations toward others. I really don't know why. Safety mechanism?

Precious? No. Interested as to why you ignore an alternative view, or a challenge to what you've offered? Yes.

As I've said many times, those on the left believe the Beeb to be biased to the right, and those on the right believe it to be biased to the left. :shrug: You mention evidence but don't offer any ....... yet I've put forward Laura Kuenessberg as being "sympathetic" toward the PM on many occasions ... plus, wasn't it Daleks who mentioned about Robbie Gibb moving to No 10. I know stuff like that doesn't help your argument (and I'm sure you'll quote people like Goodall back to me) but this is where I see both sides, whereas you tend not to. The Beeb are seen as biased by both sides.

Uppity and agitated? I don't think I have. I'm in quite a reflective mood today. A good friend's dad died the other day, and we're trying to work out how to hold a bloody good socially distanced wake !

Your second paragraph is ..... well, I'm not sure what it is. I'm not sure why you wrote it either .... other than to have your usual pop at Starmer (which easily balances mine at Johnson).

You finish, again, with pointless accusations toward others. I really don't know why. Safety mechanism?

I’ll keep it relatively brief.

Yes you’re being precious wanting every minutiae point acknowledged. Perhaps you’re seeking reassurance, I don’t know.

The bbc is left leaning. Stop pretending otherwise. It does you no favours.

Uppity and agitated is how you have come across in the last few days I’m afraid.

The second paragraph about Starmer was because you were questioning why you don’t believe I offer Labour praise. I’m struggling to find any to offer. Eve Marcus Rashford seems to have more of an influence on the government than the official opposition. So effectively when I don’t address your points you’re unhappy, when I do you don’t know why I’m doing it 🤷🏻‍♂️ Seems we’ll be going round in circles on this so I’ll leave you to it.

Serious question mate ..... why come on the thread. Does it matter where it's located? You know it's nowt to do wi' Latics, so why bother?

I made a similar point to you yesterday John, but here you are again !

I can only presume that it fulfills your need to have summat to moan abart !
;)
Yes, I think it does matter where it is located for the simple reason it isn't Latics related and more to the point it isn't even fooball related.
This thread needs moving to off topic, do your job Arthur or resign.