Not Latics - Euros. | Page 7 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Euros.

Oh the joy when uz are knocked out will be almost as good as uz winning it......
It ISNAE cumin hame 😪

I'll remind you of that when the Rangers lads get boo'd off the nats. Most Gers fans don't give a shit for the national side and some even want England to win due to the racist bigots that infest Hampden Park.

I'll remind you of that when the Rangers lads get boo'd off the nats. Most Gers fans don't give a shit for the national side and some even want England to win due to the racist bigots that infest Hampden Park.

Same can be said with the bigger English clubs fans Utd / Liverpool etc who don't give a shit about the national side....anyway hope it's a decent match n we don't just sit back & try to defend otherwise it cud be a cricket score 😉

Remember when England played Scotland most of us recognised both sides. Struggle now to name the clubs the majority play for.
For eg. Mason Mount who just missed a sitter.

what a dreary pile of shite this is ….the French/Belgians/Italians will be laughing their heads off….assuming they haven’t got bored of watching it and gone on their iPads

Jock, I get the feeling we aren't going to agree on owt regarding tomorrow...except that.

Well it looks like neither of you are getting yor way.

What a pile of crap from both sides. Sterling looks more scared of looking bad and losing the ball than trying to beat a man.

I watched Italy the other night and they would wipe the floor with both these sides and I mean 22 men v 11 men!!

Considering the embarrassment of riches we have we don't have take great pains to play in a style that doesn't suit anyone

That England performance was on par with the worst of Cook and Caldwell.
Absolute negative shite.
Credit to Scotland for at least putting a shift in.
Whatever happened to the great hopes after reaching the World Cup semis? Vanished up their own arseholes.

De Bruyne runs the game when he’s involved and plays in the middle. Any players England have who are good on the ball get shoved out wide and we play cloggers in the middle. Play one holding midlfielder alongside Grealish and Mount in the middle and boss possession with a couple of wide threats. Why is everyone obsessed with holding midfielders?

Last edited:
Wow that's the Southgate and England performance I expected, all that attacking talent and we play negative slow dross. What is it with England and defensive managers

De Bruyne runs the game when he’s involved and plays in the middle. Any players England have who are good on the ball get shoved out wide and we play cloggers in the middle. Play one holding midlfielder alongside Grealish and Mount in the middle and boss possession with a couple of wide threats. Why is everyone obsessed with holding midfielders?

Genuinely I think a lot of managers are hopeless and go with the football equivalent of fads - one manager does something clever or innovative and not long after everyone tries to copy it but often copying it only at surface level without any of the nuances that made it really work.

If I am remembering correctly I think the 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding mid players got really popularised by Barca with Xavi and Iniesta. But teams have replicated the formation but not really tried to replicate the system and just think they need 2 holding players so throw in 2 def destroyer types which In most cases negates the purpose of having 2 in def mid.

Wow that's the Southgate and England performance I expected, all that attacking talent and we play negative slow dross. What is it with England and defensive managers

I didn't see it, but it sounds like nothing has changed since i stopped watching England years ago - no matter how much talent we have we nearly always under perform and are dour to watch.