Not Latics - Arthur_Itis Forum (content) Admin. Suggestions and Criticism. | Vital Football

Not Latics - Arthur_Itis Forum (content) Admin. Suggestions and Criticism.

loudmouthblue

Vital Football Hero
Moved the bickering to the bickering thread - just for practice really, not done it for a while.
Carry on in there folks.

Are you saying any posts that respond to totally false allegations will be in future removed, am I expected not to reply to the baseless diatribe and let it sit their unchallenged or are you going to remove those posts, or indeed research if they are factual or not ?

Are you saying any posts that respond to totally false allegations will be in future removed, I am I expected not to reply to the baseless diatribe and let it sit their unchallenged or are you going to remove those posts or indeed research if they are factual or not ?
Think LMB...if the post to which you're replying is moved (not removed), then your reply would look odd without it for context.

Are you saying any posts that respond to totally false allegations will be in future removed, I am I expected not to reply to the baseless diatribe and let it sit their unchallenged or are you going to remove those posts or indeed research if they are factual or not ?

I've said several times LMB I will never REMOVE any posts, what I will do is move them to a more appropriate place if I feel they detract from the original thread topic.
More than happy for you or anyone else to defend your opinions or call out perceived inaccuracies, I just don't want some threads bogged down in it, and the rest of us have to trawl through to find the "on topic" posts.
The posts that I moved offered nothing by way of debate regarding Ash's departure IMO and unfortunately for the rest of you, at the moment it's only My Opinion that counts.

Another place to moan, but this time specifically about my actions as admin.

Fill yer boots.

PS. Very happy to receive suggestions regarding site content, stickies, threads etc as well.

Another place to moan, but this time specifically about my actions as admin.

Fill yer boots.

PS. Very happy to receive suggestions regarding site content, stickies, threads etc as well.

I'm beginning to think you're enjoying both a) utilising your new found IT skills, and b) wielding the unbelievable power now at your fingertips ! :LOL:

;)

I think you're doing a good job Arthur. I like the fact you try and move running off tangent arguments out of the main thread so those not involved don't have to wade through the back and forth.

Arthur,
As the recent post on this Not Latics thread are actually about Latics they should be moved to a Not Latics Off Topic thread.;)

Agreed, just doing it Sid, a pleasure to read well thought out and reasoned debate.

Edit: Sid, only just read properly what you actually posted, very good / funny , I wish I had done as you suggested :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I've broken up the "Title Winners" thread and moved (pages of) posts to a dedicated Not Latics - Politics thread.

I also moved some Latics related posts that were lost in the mix to Latics related threads. It was a bit of guesswork where these should belong, if you want them moved to other Latics threads just suggest something in here and I'll accommodate if possible / if I can be arsed.

I've also re titled the Title Winners thread.

I can't promise to keep on top of this as I'm rammed at work at the moment so don't really have a lot of spare time, but if anyone ever thinks a thread has gone off topic to the point where it merits some attention, PM me as I'll receive an email alert - that will prompt me to find some spare time to look after admin duties (e.g like when I started this task at 05:15 today !!!)

I'm not sure what additional site access privileges I have as Admin over and above the standard user.

Can you guys see a "watch" tick box at the very start of every thread and any idea what happens for you if you untick it ?

Wondered if this was a way of ignoring threads that are of no interest to you.

1621526323560.png

There's no tick box Arthur. There is a watch button, but when you click on it, you get the following pop up:

1621527996872.png

Folks, I'm off abroad for 2 weeks from Saturday, assuming I can deliver a negative Covid test (not guaranteed apparently).
I will have sporadic access to the internet.

Whilst this is of no interest whatsoever to any of you it does mean that I won't be around to do any admin stuff so please play nicely and please refrain from hitting that report button as it will be The Fear (Jonathan) rather than me dealing with it.

When we lose to Gillingham / Crewe / Bolton (delete as appropriate) please air your views passionately but respect other peoples views as well and try to keep posts on topic rather than personal, Mrs Itis will not be impressed if I tell her she'll have to wait for her cocktail as I'm moving 50 tit for tat insult posts to the naughty corner thread using my crappy smartphone.
Cheers all