Not good enough to go up | Page 3 | Vital Football

Not good enough to go up

Our shape v derby was excellent and the foundation of our win.
The shape was ok v Hull but we created nothing until the 70th minute.
Our shape v villa was awful.
Tactically poor and the diamond doesn't work with our current players.

It starts with pants whose distribution is poor, gives the ball away cheaply as does Benaloane and Milosevic.
Midfield is good at stopping and breaking up opposition attacks.

It starts with pants whose distribution is poor, gives the ball away cheaply as does Benaloane and Milosevic.
Midfield is good at stopping and breaking up opposition attacks.
It doesn't help that we are not really trying to pass the ball out. It is constantly being hit long, bypassing the midfield. So just keeps coming back all the time. We rarely pass the ball into midfield now, which is totally different to how we were playing under AK.

V Derby our shape was the important factor. MON &RK have had several years of fielding an inferior team and hoping to sneak the odd goal, thus a big striker to relieve pressure is important and Daryl has served him well. He felt on arrival at Forest going with two strikers would be best. He had his mind quickly changed for him. We then start to improve with Grabban leading the line when against Brentford both Grabban and Cash get injured. Although shape and CG fever carry the day v Derby he is back to having to rely on Murphy.

Needs must against Hull and he brings on two fresh attackers and suddenly everything clicks. But no it is not the answer. Hopefully both Cash and Grabban will be back for Swansea game and the required shape will again be evident.

Swansea will be interesting both in reviewing the shape, observing how well (or not) Cash and Grabban change the make up of the side, give some clear indication for next season and if results go for us possibly raised hopes for this season.

Would be nice to get in top 6 and play some extra games but agree we are far from a potential Premiership challenger but the extra £100M would come in handy.

Our whole game plan against Derby & Brentford was to stop them playing, by pressing initially and then getting everyone behind the ball and hoping to catch them on the break. Effective in those 2 games, but not very inspiring! We are always going to miss Grabban, but we have enough decent players to go out and actually try and win a game of football!!!

Do you really think we have any chance of getting in the top 6 playing as we are?

No. But it would be great if we missed out fighting. If we finish 7th/8th 9th - it shows real progress from last season.

Need to get some consistency. Karanka found it by drawing loads.

Any small hope of play offs go out the window if we don't get three points v Swansea. If we do it is only likely to delay the inevitable. It is an improvement on past seasons and MON has the basis of a good squad for next season. Some youngsters should get a bit of time and an opportunity to test some ideas, is probably what is in store, for the last 5 games.

The team isn't good enough and our position is about correct. Improvement in personnel in one or two positions, the introduction of one or two younger players to the squad and a bit of luck with injuries and referee decisions and we should be challenging next season.

Next season several teams will be cutting their cloth to stay within FFP. (Derby, Shef Weds and Villa in particular) and I don't see much leeway for the other challengers in the top 10 to be able to spend more. I don't fear any of the likely candidates coming down. Swansea, Stoke and WBA will have money but less than this season due to parachute reductions.

MON/RK know where they need to strengthen, what systems to play and have some money to deliver. Full houses at home looks the order of the day. My hope is that summer business is done early, so the squad can settle early and set their stall out early in the season. Ever hopeful.

Huddersfield and Fulham are certainties to go down, along with Cardiff.

Wouldn't fear any of them either next season.

remember when we were great against west brom and players liek dias looking exciting? Seems yearrrrs ago.
Shit or bust time now. Goals goals goals, I think MON realises that. Grabbs bund to be in and I cant see him being a lone striker

he will take us down Orbz. I have no doubt about it. Its as bad as Megson and for me, he's the worst manager we have had and I include Platt the twat

I barely celebrated the equaliser as i was so angry with how we were playing.
Really , really poor.
Our gameplan seems to consist of trying to score from long throws or corners .
That's it.
But we score from long throws and corners, when for decades we never scored from set pieces (I exaggerate).

It won us the game today.