Not good enough to go up | Vital Football

Not good enough to go up

Marco Polo

Vital 1st Team Regular
I’ll admit that. There’s an outside chance of sneaking in the playoffs but we wont

So

What do we need? There’s not an obvious problem we’re generally just not ready

We need another striker for sure

Settle that defence and it’s fine

New keeper? Is pants too tall?

Just need Brexit to get cancelled and we can think about the summer additions

Statistically pants is one of the most effective keepers in the league. He is just prone to the odd clanger

Two new fullbacks. Actual good ones.

Someone else who can do what Lolley does. Two if we sell Lolley as seems very possible

We need an actual goalscorer who will actually play. Someone like Fryatt (who can actually get on the pitch) or Waghorn or a Blackstock. Someone who is good for 12 or 15 in a full season who can put the ball away if Grabban isn't playing.

We need a decent replacement for Colback

We need Carvalho to come on a bit.

Unfortunately if rumours about Grabban are true and Villa want Lolley then well spend whatever money we have in the summer trying (and probably failing to) replace what we already have rather than develop.

Obviously players need to go as well. All of the long term injured can go for me. Fig has had the longest dead leg on history so there is something much more sinister there.

Osborn for me has reached the end of the line. For the first time in his forest career we are upper mid table and he doesn't look like a great player any more. Time for him to move on. Ansarifard can go for me

Maybe next season chap!

This will be the second season in a row where we finish higher than the previous season. For the first time in a long time we are on an upward trend. Let's hope it continues chap!

Agreed but we have a hell of a long way to go especially if we're going to stay there. This bunch of players we have at the moment is nowhere near good enough to keep us in the Premier League.

Story of the season so far...dont want to defend the defenders but not even the best defence in the Championship can take this amount of dangerous balls without making mistakes. The issues with the midfield r well known but now even the attack is toothless...apart the useless yellow giant...half of our team cant scare an already relageted team nd in the second half we made them look like Wolves last year, nd pls dont come nd tell me or remind me of their recent draws...pls mention the teams nd on their run of form. Yesterday, for those that werent at the game or watching it on tele, Forest made an ex L2 player look like Shakiri...he was winning every one on one nd taking the piss of our midfielders...Lolley? Second half could have stayed in the dressing room...he had a couple of chances to beat one player nd enter the box...he failed all the time...hope we win a couple before the end of the season as yesterday it didnt look that there was much harmoney in the ranks....

We definitely need to clear some of our strikers...ie keep Grabban and possibly Soudini.Powell is out of contract in the summer and would be happy for us to go for him.Hopefully Byram will be fit and we would look to secure him on loan next season and Colback.Really want to see Appiah starting next season and if Carvalho isn't in the manager's long term plans then we need to get a creative playmaker. Perhaps someone like...a team such as Olympiakos might pay 13 million for him to fund a replacement! At some point the chairman and the fans have to stick by a manager to see if we can build a squad playing a way which can get us in the top 6 and a chance for promotion.

While I do agree we're not good enough to go up, our form against the top sides isn't too shabby.

Beat Sheffield United.
Beat Boro comfortably away from home.
Drew at Leeds where we were cheated and beat them at home.
Drew with West Brom twice where we conceded two late goals. One was a penalty when Gayle dived.
3-0 up at Norwich with 17 minutes to go.
2-0 up at Villa, 3-2 up and 4-3 up.
Took 4 points off Derby.
Drew at Preston and had a perfect goal disallowed.
Drew at Bristol City.
Beat Sheffield Wednesday.

And how many do you remember? Other than the goals, maybe two.
We had loads. 20 shots, 7 on target and several very close chances. We played well.

I can accept the games we haven't played well, have the good grace to accept the ones where we have.

3 goal wins have been very few and far between for the last few seasons

We had loads. 20 shots, 7 on target and several very close chances. We played well.

I can accept the games we haven't played well, have the good grace to accept the ones where we have.

3 goal wins have been very few and far between for the last few seasons
Grace has nothing to do with it. For the first 45 minutes we were average at best. For the first 25 of the second half we were better but still not good.

It was only in the last 20 we looked like a real outfit. It certainly wasn’t a game where I came away thinking we had slaughtered them. I thought the figures were wrong when it said 20 chances for us as it wasn’t that sort of game.

Have said before we see things differently but if the Hull game was your idea of a good game then it’s very different I am afraid.

Grace has nothing to do with it. For the first 45 minutes we were average at best. For the first 25 of the second half we were better but still not good.

It was only in the last 20 we looked like a real outfit. It certainly wasn’t a game where I came away thinking we had slaughtered them. I thought the figures were wrong when it said 20 chances for us as it wasn’t that sort of game.

Have said before we see things differently but if the Hull game was your idea of a good game then it’s very different I am afraid.

And if they'd been given what looked a very decent penalty shout with 20 or so to go who actually believes we'd of come back from 1-0 down...

While I do agree we're not good enough to go up, our form against the top sides isn't too shabby.

Beat Sheffield United.
Beat Boro comfortably away from home.
Drew at Leeds where we were cheated and beat them at home.
Drew with West Brom twice where we conceded two late goals. One was a penalty when Gayle dived.
3-0 up at Norwich with 17 minutes to go.
2-0 up at Villa, 3-2 up and 4-3 up.
Took 4 points off Derby.
Drew at Preston and had a perfect goal disallowed.
Drew at Bristol City.
Beat Sheffield Wednesday.
Taylor this confirms how poor the Championship this season is....it was there for the taking...

The first 70 mins were pretty turgid and had 0-0 written all over it!

Amazing really - if you don't like the manager, even a 3-0 home win (over a rival in the playoff chase, and a bogey side to boot) can be talked down until it virtually didn't happen!

As for Hull having a good shout for a penalty and 'who actually believes we'd of come back from 1-0 down' (have FFS!), they might not have scored from the penalty. But if you want to imagine that we lost a game we actually won 3-0, and it's all because our manager is a dinosaur, go ahead.

Amazing really - if you don't like the manager, even a 3-0 home win (over a rival in the playoff chase, and a bogey side to boot) can be talked down until it virtually didn't happen!

As for Hull having a good shout for a penalty and 'who actually believes we'd of come back from 1-0 down' (have FFS!), they might not have scored from the penalty. But if you want to imagine that we lost a game we actually won 3-0, and it's all because our manager is a dinosaur, go ahead.
The scoreline massively flattered us. We only won that game cos of a Carvalho wonder strike!

Nobody is saying the 3-0 win didn’t happen but if you are saying that it was a great 90 minutes of attacking football for us where we dominated the whole of the game then you watched a very different game to the one I saw.

The scoreline massively flattered us. We only won that game cos of a Carvalho wonder strike!

Agreed chap. If Carvalho hadn't scored that wonder goal, and if Lolley's shot off the post hadn't rebounded into the path of Ansarifard, and if the ref hadn't given us the penalty for the third goal, then we'd have drawn 0-0!