Not Forest Related But Man City | Vital Football

Not Forest Related But Man City

eastanglianred

Vital Reserves Team
Please delete from the forest forum if too off topic.

I am a little confused on the Man City being banned from Europe due to financial discrepancies. Surely the premier league would have investigated first and if they have broken the rules, they should be fined and docked points. If it is an habitual disregard of the rules, again should this not be relegation?
Unless I am being completely mistaken, which I could well be, is this just another example of the premier league being a closed shop where certain clubs can do whatever they like with impunity?
Have the premier league made any comments?

Please delete from the forest forum if too off topic.

I am a little confused on the Man City being banned from Europe due to financial discrepancies. Surely the premier league would have investigated first and if they have broken the rules, they should be fined and docked points. If it is an habitual disregard of the rules, again should this not be relegation?
Unless I am being completely mistaken, which I could well be, is this just another example of the premier league being a closed shop where certain clubs can do whatever they like with impunity?
Have the premier league made any comments?

Premier League are waiting for the outcome of the UEFA case to save on time and legal costs.

I read another report relating to Etihad Airlines; apparently three American Airlines lodged a complaint about State sponsored subsidies which Etihad were in receipt of and the resulting unfair competition.

It looked like another email leak suggested that Etihad's defence against the claims alluded to the fact that the State money received was for the Sponsorship of City and not for subsidising the Airline.

If that is true they are well and truly fucked

So Man City as well as getting a whacking fine and ban from champions league for two years (reduced to 1 on appeal) could also get points docked in Premiership and maybe a fine. Will make EFL a bit braver. Think last season the hearing to deduct points from Birmingham was in late March. Anyone have any info on hearings for Shef Weds and Sheep. Are Villa under scrutiny for last seasons ffp and if relegated also likely to be hit with penalty?

I read another report relating to Etihad Airlines; apparently three American Airlines lodged a complaint about State sponsored subsidies which Etihad were in receipt of and the resulting unfair competition.

It looked like another email leak suggested that Etihad's defence against the claims alluded to the fact that the State money received was for the Sponsorship of City and not for subsidising the Airline.

If that is true they are well and truly fucked

Lol once upon a time I liked City too...well apart from the walk to and from Maine Rd. That was as ropey as Everton.

I used to like Man City and can’t deny I like watching them play but like most of the big clubs there’s an arrogance and entitlement to them almost as though the rules don’t apply to them.

The only question I would ask is whether Barca or Real will be treated the same if and when they are shown to have done similar...

I used to like Man City and can’t deny I like watching them play but like most of the big clubs there’s an arrogance and entitlement to them almost as though the rules don’t apply to them.

The only question I would ask is whether Barca or Real will be treated the same if and when they are shown to have done similar...

Barcelona received a transfer ban in 2015 for breaking some rules, which was upheld by CAS.

They made the usual noises at the time but ended up accepting their punishment; I think Chelsea were punished for a similar offence.

Something to do with players under the age of 18 or 16

Barcelona received a transfer ban in 2015 for breaking some rules, which was upheld by CAS.

They made the usual noises at the time but ended up accepting their punishment; I think Chelsea were punished for a similar offence.

Something to do with players under the age of 18 or 16
They were both given a transfer ban but this punishment is different gravy. Two seasons without European competition. I don’t dispute whether Man City deserve it but I honestly don’t believe that either Barca or Real would have received the same punishment.

They were both given a transfer ban but this punishment is different gravy. Two seasons without European competition. I don’t dispute whether Man City deserve it but I honestly don’t believe that either Barca or Real would have received the same punishment.

Funding for those two particular clubs is also ropey.

Funding for those two particular clubs is also ropey.
Yeah I remember the Spanish banks and government being criticised for using EU aid money to fund Real and to a lesser extent Barca. They were forced to pay the money back but there were no fines or bans handed out that I remember...