Not an April fools joke | Vital Football

Not an April fools joke

Barbles

Vital Youth Team
Hi all,
I have been a regular contributor to the VE forum since 2015, but that site is shutting down and Tudor has invited me to this forum.
I am a Liverpool season ticket holder and my joining this forum at this time may be seen by some as trolling, but I am a middle aged man with a sense of humour and can take and give banter, so no trolling involved. :005:

Welcome Barbles.

We won't hold who you support against you, we all have our cross to bear. Good to have different perspective on the board.

I'll stop short of wishing you luck for Wednesday, as I hope you get none at all.

Welcome to VMC Les :026:

I was sort of hoping Alf would join us however, by the look of his last VE post it looks as though he won't be. Having said that, he does, on occasion come over and say hi and so don't be too surprised to see him from time to time.

Thank you for the welcome.
It will certainly be a tough game on Wednesday and I have high hopes after the last time you came to Anfield, it was fortunate that you scored the late goals to make the game look more even than it actually was.
I thought it was the complete reverse of when we got hammered at yours early in the season.
My nerves are already shredded :002:
Whatever the score on Wednesday I'm sure the tie wont be over. :005:

Barbles - 2/4/2018 08:55

It will certainly be a tough game on Wednesday and I have high hopes after the last time you came to Anfield, it was fortunate that you scored the late goals to make the game look more even than it actually was.
I thought it was the complete reverse of when we got hammered at yours early in the season.

The game is 90 minutes though mate, not 15. You deserved your win, no question but at the point you scored your second the game had turned in City's favour, you got the breakthrough and we lost our heads briefly, despite that 15 minutes of superb clinicalism you were lucky to hang on in the end with an over eager Aguero denying us an equaliser at the death.

Kudos, BD, for remembering. I'd completely blocked that game from my memory banks.
Welcome, Barbles. Nice to have some fresh blood, albeit of the wrong group.
:006:

Bluedub - 2/4/2018 09:49

The game is 90 minutes though mate, not 15. You deserved your win, no question but at the point you scored your second the game had turned in City's favour, you got the breakthrough and we lost our heads briefly, despite that 15 minutes of superb clinicalism you were lucky to hang on in the end with an over eager Aguero denying us an equaliser at the death.

We beat you in 9 mins actually :008: with the 3 2nd half goals but these things happen and we took full advantage.
Since Jurgan came most of the teams that have attempted to play football against us have come unstuck, including Barca, Porto, Arsenal and yourselves (at our place).
We (unlike you) have struggled against teams that park the bus.
Whatever the outcome of the tie I have high hopes for next season. :026:

Barbles - 3/4/2018 09:00

Bluedub - 2/4/2018 09:49

We beat you in 9 mins actually :008: with the 3 2nd half goals but these things happen and we took full advantage.
Since Jurgan came most of the teams that have attempted to play football against us have come unstuck, including Barca, Porto, Arsenal and yourselves (at our place).
We (unlike you) have struggled against teams that park the bus.
Whatever the outcome of the tie I have high hopes for next season. :026:

You looked a better team for 15 minutes, that was my point, outside of that it was a fairly even contest. The scoreline was about right in the end when the whole 90 is assessed.

That's always been Klopp's problem, even when winning things at Dortmund, controlling games is not his forte, exploiting other's weaknesses is.

I like him, wish him well but just not against us or at our expense, naturally.