NOT A GOOD DAY FOR OTHER DEATHS | Vital Football

NOT A GOOD DAY FOR OTHER DEATHS

My next door neighbour passed away last night.
Only 71 and not Covid related.
Only known him a few months but seemed a really nice guy.
That’s the second loss for her, both from cancer.
We can’t even really console her.
Very sad .

I'm feeling for my mum a bit on that score. Her brother (83, recovering from throat cancer and a diabetic) tested positive with COVID-19 and has been in hospital for a week. He lives down in Devon and mum is desperate to see him but understands why she can't. Still doesn't make it any easier.
Luckily, my uncle is making a good recovery and is now only showing mild symptoms, bit breathless and has a sore throat and the hospital are looking at discharging him tomorrow but mum is distraught.
He's a tough old bastard, ex Navy, ex Police and drunk like a fish and smoked most of his life. Every time he recovers from something I get the feeling he's going to live forever 😁

I'm feeling for my mum a bit on that score. Her brother (83, recovering from throat cancer and a diabetic) tested positive with COVID-19 and has been in hospital for a week. He lives down in Devon and mum is desperate to see him but understands why she can't. Still doesn't make it any easier.
Luckily, my uncle is making a good recovery and is now only showing mild symptoms, bit breathless and has a sore throat and the hospital are looking at discharging him tomorrow but mum is distraught.
He's a tough old bastard, ex Navy, ex Police and drunk like a fish and smoked most of his life. Every time he recovers from something I get the feeling he's going to live forever 😁

Sounds like my late dad. Every time he had brain surgery or cancer or whatever my son would say ‘bah, nothing can kill grandad’.
They were a tough generation, after being a marine commando at nearly every major landing from norway through d’day, italy, burma, etc I think he found these medical problems fairly insignificant lol.