Noses V Aston Villa: Sun 29th Oct - 12.00, The Sty. | Vital Football

Noses V Aston Villa: Sun 29th Oct - 12.00, The Sty.

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
I'm glad that these days I don't go to this fixture due to my unhealthy dislike of the great unwashed.

I think Steve Bruce should keep the same side and formation he successfully chose against Fulham as the balance of the side is important in an away game like this where we have to get stuck into them in midfield and kick them harder than they hope to kick us.

Even though they are generally a rubbish team that goes out the window in such a fierce game as this. - One good player they have got is Adams so he needs a nice reminder by Whelan just to say hello and welcome to Aston Villa pal!

Remeber to check you are fully inoculated and maybe hire one of these suits to be doubly sure.

Thoughts and predictions here folks.

Come On You Villa Boys :94: :94: :94:

Attachments

• pvc-suit-with-breathing-apparatus-250x250.jpg
    pvc-suit-with-breathing-apparatus-250x250.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
A great leveler these local derbies... Be a tough game but we have already shown we can battle v physical type of oppo (v Bolton)

Clearly a Villa win!

:94:

Apparently they were pitiful yesterday so surely we should have to much for them. If we better them on work rate then we should have the better quality. The only change I'd make is someone for Snodgrass, just don't rate the guy at all.

Wonder if our not so secret weapon (Gabby) will be fit for the bench - just in case?

Trench warfare mentality required for this one. JT has been in many local derbies in his time. We just need to be in the faces from the start and we should be OK.

Come on you Lions!....

Being an away game, it's ideal to set up to hit them on the break, so we should treat it like a home game.

I cannot bloody wait. I am going so will let you know on Monday if I have any teeth left.

I have two thoughts about this.

1. We have far far far better players than them all over the pitch , if we match their workrate, surely there is only one winner.

2. After Wolves and Fulham, in Adams and Vassell they have two players built to get at our weaknesses.

However, Terry was utterly sublime on Saturday and if he performs the same, i just cant see how they will get through him.

Comfortable 2 0 win, Kodjia at the double, players like that don't go on droughts for long.

Anyone know the safest place to park ?

Undoubtedly they will be up for this one, and they have real pace up front (which has been our kryptonite). For me, I would swap Elmo for DeLaet (extra pace at the back) and tell Hutton not to wander.

Jedinak would be really useful for this game, whether you can play him and Whelan I don't know - could leave us short elsewhere.

You can absolutely see this being a war of attrition, they will not want to get turned over at their place.

No way would I settle for a draw in this one. This isn’t just a derby, we are pushing for promotion and need to keep picking up three points and honestly I’m more concerned about that than getting one over our ‘rivals’.

We should have more than enough quality to do the job, I’m saying 3-1.

I have not seen a worse team all season than the filth on Saturday at Milwall. If that team turns up then it's a case of how many we will get but as JF says this fixture can be a leveller.

The atmosphere will be as toxic as it could be with the return of SB plus JT who turned them down in our favour.

Still I expect us to turn them over and continue our climb to the top.

4-1.

Local derby or not, we have nothing whatsoever to fear from this bunch of amateurs.

As long as we are up for it (and it's a big if, judging by the Wolves game), we should win this at a canter. If not, it's a draw. There is no way they will beat us.

2- or 3-0 Villa if we're on it, 1-1 if not.

I like the fact we are going into the game full of confidence. It's certainly the way it should be with us against the filth. Derby games are tricky though and if you concede an unlucky goal you might struggle to break down a spirited home side fighting for their lives. So we need to go up there and do a professional job and we should out-class them.

Form goes out the window in a Derby .
We need to be prepped for a real scrap and hit them with a few moments of quality .

I've always wondered why they don't make the away entrance on the other side of the Railway End. That would surely be easier to police than the current entrance

Can't see this game being much different than the two games last season. It won't be pretty that's for sure.

The Fear - 22/10/2017 11:09

A great leveler these local derbies... Be a tough game but we have already shown we can battle v physical type of oppo (v Bolton)

Clearly a Villa win!

Indubitably! :14:

They always seem to have more desire to win than we do . I hope we are up for the fight because it will be fight first football second .
Millwall battered seven shades out of them , we need to do the same . Do we have those players , perhaps whelan Hutton Chester terry I don’t see many more ?

Probably because it's their cup final and the only meaningful game they have in a season.

I am sure we can handle that though we did last year with less presence .

I would keep the same side as Saturday and win the midfield battle first. Then our extra class will come out on top hopefully

Last home game they beat league leaders Cardiff who aren't exactly angels .
We need to be bang up for this or we will be found out .
Where the fuck is Jedinak ?