Noses V Aston Villa: Sun 29th Oct - 12.00, The Sty. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Noses V Aston Villa: Sun 29th Oct - 12.00, The Sty.

Fit or not I would have Gabby on the bench and every 10 minutes or so I would have him running up and down the touch line winding them up.

Just had a programme on Sky featuring the Villa v Blues games over the years going back to the 60's

It has fired me up no end and I cannot stand them and every stain and shame they have bought on the area.

We simply cannot lose.

Can't wait now the old stomach is starting to churn a bit now we simply can't lose this one.Hope the don't keep us in for an hour was horrendous last year.
Getting picked at 7am then off to pub where I will have a bacon and egg sarnie waiting washed down with a few John Smiths proper day out. :8: :35:

Do we keep the midfield 3 which looked more solid last week, bring in Keinan alongside Kodj, put Snodgrass on the bench? The fear with any midfield 2 we have, given our back 4's lack pace, is that with Snograss and Albert playing wide we might get overrun. Early on the game will frenetic, we need I think to quieten the plebs at the sty down. Having said all that an early goal would be nice!!

I would keep the midfield 3 for this one. We had enough attacking threat last Saturday with Onamah playing the furthest forward.

Not a fan of Snodgrass , but we need width .

There are reports this morning that the Jedi is fit and will be in the squad.

Even if he's not 100% match fit, it maybe worth playing him instead of Whelan for an hour and having Whelan on the bench to come on when Jedi tires.

You can't beat a bit of Jedi!...

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game between Birmingham City and Aston Villa this Sunday.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523734">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Advice from the West Midlands Police ahead of the local derby game, Aston Villa away to Blues, this Saturday.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523738">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Steve Bruce says he thinks the players understand the magnitude of the big derby game.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523737">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I'd be tempted to bring Davis back in for this one, probably at the expensive of Hourihane.

Nothing against Hourihane, I like him but this will be a battle, and I think Davis could thrive in it. Onamah was arguably MOTM against Fulham, so think he should keep his place.

So for me it would be -

Johnstone

Elmo
Terry
Chester
Hutton

Snodgrass
Whelan
Onomah
Adomah

Davis
Kodjia

I can see the argument to bring Davies back in. Hourihane was very good last weekend though.

4-4-2 didnt work against Wolves and Bruce knows it. Hence the change v Fulham. I would stick with the same line up with Onomah doing the midfield/forward role for this game.

It does make me chuckle whenever we're after a new manager people always say things like "I want a manager who can change things depending on the opposition", and yet following a victory 99% of people always say they'd keep the same team for the next game no matter what.

Horses for courses for me. When you look at the type of game it will inevitably be... a battle... a physically demanding battle, then who is best suited for that? Hourihane or Davis?

It's a brave decision. Always is to change a winning side, but like I say whenever we're after a new manager everyone says they want a brave manager to make decisions like that.

Funny old game.

Another option would be to leave Kodjia on the bench and bring him on for the last 30 minutes. He clearly can't play as a withdrawn striker to help the midfield when needed (as seen at Wolves), and Davis is a more physical presence for this type of match.

Johnstone

Elmo
Terry
Chester
Hutton

Whelan
Hourihane
Snodgrass
Adomah (DeLaet 75)
Onomah (Kodjia 60)

Davis (Grealish 70 if we need a goal, Samba 75 if we are leading)

Subs: Kodjia, Samba, DeLaet, Grealish, O'Hare, Hogan, Steer)

Those first 20 minutes are vital. You might not be able to win the game in that time but it can be lost. Cool heads, no panicking and no sending offs. Let them treat it as a Cup Final, or to some WW3, we want 3 points and playing them off the park would be a bonus!!! UTV

I was asking a nose when they beat us last in the league, 2005 . Funny how every time we play them we don't want to lose more than win. I did ask him if there was an open top bus booked in case they beat us .