Norwich | Vital Football

Norwich

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Anyone feeling this? Really important game for many reasons - maybe a last look at Hogan before the inevitable. I feel 3 points & cup progress are the minimum ask from our next 3 games, in my gut I can't see the points coming tomorrow, weirdly I feel optimistic about the trip to Brum.

Coyb prove me wrong, let's do this.

HNiY all....

Got a good feeling about this game as they are in a bad run and the team will want revenge for that 5-0 drubbing away. If they lose I can imagine their manager getting the sack as losing to us could be the last straw. They play expansive football usually and that will suit us at home.

Crazy kick off time that will mean a very low crowd as it is also on TV.

Will be there though and a dash home for New Years' do.

Who knows on the transfer front but I have feeling we are in for a few surprises.

Rumour of a big announcement today - Jota returns perhaps? Would be a huge boost.

UTB & HNY ??????

Lot of negativity in the press but I felt we did OK against a decent side full of PL players and impressive pass and movement. DS has made us into a hard to beat side, it may not be so easy on the eye but a base to build on maybe with Jota back and maybe a couple of others to boost the squad.

Kent makes good points & I'm fine with Smith's pragmatism if it keeps us competitive & clear of trouble this season. The football we're producing is very uninspiring though, let's not forget we have a very tough run of games to come, poor football coupled with a run of defeats is a sobering prospect. It doesn't have to be that way & today provides the perfect opportunity to test his approach, if it's working we can & should get something at Brum, I feel we need a win. Then jota coming back might help to add the quality so badly lacking of late.

That was pretty dull. Two teams trying desperately not to lose. Job done as Spanish says.

They had the better opportunities but poor finishing and a great save from Bentley gave us a point.

I enjoyed the tussle between Pritchard and Woods and believe Woods won the battle. I asked a friend on the terrace, if Pritchard is worth £8m how much is Woods worth? He said £3-4m, only half joking. I guess you have to prove yourself more if you start life at Shrewsbury rather than Tottenham.

I've gone for a draw today as I don't think we are being brave enough with our formation. The wing backs aren't wingy enough for my liking and added to two deep-lying midfielders we look a bit safety-first. We all saw the positive impact Josh Clarke had on us when he's played this season and I feel we need to take the play to teams a bit more. Perhaps Jota will have the same effect.

Happy New Year to you all.

Very good point about the wing backs, neither currently are really wide players that you need for that role as well as an ability to defend. The 3-5-2 formation is working quite well expect for the attacking flair that the wing backs are supposed to provide. In that sense Josh Clarke is a more natural player for that position maybe although Colin has done OK I guess. Field looks a real promise for the future but he is cautious going forward at the moment.

Due to having to work NYE I had to watch what were very loosely called highlights. Not much to say about it is there ? Good job Bentley made a good save and their finishing was awful.

Woods may have won that battle but he's half the player Pritchard is, if that, and Pritch was MOM at their place, and won that battle hands down.

Someone we are missing in midfield is McLeod. He never seemed to do much to me but now he's not there we are missing that something he provided. Balance? I don't know but it's not the same without him. What was he doing that kept it together?

MacLeod kept the ball and was a good link up player, he makes it all look so easy was which is why he did not always catch the eye. Brighton away was typical of this, Hogan got the goals but Macleod made them.

Sounds like the formation clicked yesterday but was that Hogan's last game for us? Could be a busy transfer window foe us.

Great result at Brum & jives with what Kentbee has said recently. I felt 3 points was minimum from these 2 games, we got 4, and 5 over the 3 holiday games. The pragmatist at work again. We need a decent window now, one that strengthens the starting 11 & adds a bit more creativity.

The division is nuts tbh, look at Brizzle in free fall? Blackburn doubling the Toon? 1st task each season is to find 3 worse or incompetent clubs then build from there.

Got a job to do on Sat now, wouldn't a cup run be nice.

I rate MacLeod very highly. He was always chasing down their players, tracking back and his dead balls, especially corners, were superb. Very good link man and could see a pass. The club did well to extend his contract.