Norwich v NUFC | Page 5 | Vital Football

Norwich v NUFC

What has really cheered me up is that we may have spunked Ashleys cash on:

JoeLinton - a poor mans Shola, from what we have seen up to now not really much of an upgrade on Joselu. Ok he runs around a bit more. So he can be out of position in more random places.

Almiron - a leaving present (time bomb) from that great judge of an attacking player RB. A pile of shite. He can run canny fast and thats about it. Rooney was a star in that league. Where has he gone? Derby. Think about it.

St Maximum (or whatever) - looks a decent prospect but no-one else in for him so they must know something we don't. Already injured. The new Marveaux?

Krafth - I dunno how they found a right back that could make Manquillo look relatively good but somehow they have conjured one up.

Willems - see above for Richie. OK the jury is out but up to now 1 touch and 1 goal given away I think.

Carroll - words fail me. No doubt he will play a few games, score a goal or two and give the happy clappers something to cheer. As for future strategy......

People will say "give them time" but you know what top players don't need it. remember Ginola, Asprilla, Woodgate, Shearer, Sir Les. Top class (generally speaking) from the first touch to the last. Even that lazy bastard Sissoko looked excellent in his first few games.

Yes a motley bunch indeed. The good news, they cost that fat bastard a small fortune and will hopefully continue to do so until it forces him out of football.

Great isn't it
You make some great points but just to pick up on Almiron, his presence made a big difference last season in the role he was asked to play. With him in the side, form was top 6 compared to bottom 6 without him. His strength is in the counter attack/transition, not where he has been deployed this season.

Sadly, the transfer activity costs Ashley bugger all, bearing in mind that he got £30 million for Perez and inflation in the rest of the market. From an accounting point of view, he has boosted the profits.

The better news is no quality manager should touch Ashley with a barge pole and that in Bruce, whose most famous result at SJP saw a Nolan hat trick and Shola extend his Mackem Slayer record, he has a no hoper in charge. Since that 5-1, Bruce has had 2 promotions, 1 relegation, 2 failed attempts at promotion, 2 sackings and 2 resignations. Bruce will lead to the biggest dent in Ashley's wealth.

If anyone is in doubt about Bruce's ability, you may appreciate a little reminder:

We have been a bit of a bogey team when visiting Spurs, winning 5 of the last 9 away in the league.

I don't see it this time. 4-1 to Spurs.

We have been a bit of a bogey team when visiting Spurs, winning 5 of the last 9 away in the league.

I don't see it this time. 4-1 to Spurs.
A couple I remember were a 1-0 win with Krul having 'the game of his life' and another a 2-1 win Perez getting the winner from an acute angle. What! They are both playing in the Premiership but for other teams now :shake:

A Sunday tea-time game in what looks to be 90 degree heat. Maybe our South Americans may find it more to their liking but Shelvey will need a gimp suit to protect his skin. Owt can happen of course but im going for a Spuds 3-1 win.