Norwich v Aston Villa Match Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Norwich v Aston Villa Match Thread

Andy, I hope you are doing proper structured fair interviews which involve totally irrelevant questions regarding everything except their ability to do the job, then giving it to the best looking one with the biggest knockers ;)
I do me best Martin but they are a dying breed mate :LOL:anyway my missus and daughter have relieved me of them duties now spoil sports

Well that was an absolute treat to watch.

5-1 to the good and up to 15th, a good days work.

Pleased to see Wesley grab two and an assist, wouldn't say it was deserved as such, or it had been coming but from what the other players have been saying, he works very hard week to week and it's nice to see hard work pay off. He looked the player we've been hoping he can be.

Grealish, best performance of the season so far. There's been a lot of talk about him being deserving or undeserving of an England call-up and up until this game, I've thought he's been off the boil slightly. Putting bias aside, his first seven games weren't what we know he can do but today he really showed it. If he can keep this up now then the call-up won't be far away.

Nakamba's looking more assured with each game and we look much better with two adventurous full backs on each side.

Most of all, I was really happy to see Conor have a good game and grab a goal. We all know his story, working up the leagues, scoring in all of them now. He's been with us for what is, relatively, quite a long time now. He's stuck with and worked for the club during some of our lowest moments. He's been scoring goals and winning us games for a number of years now and it's great to see him getting involved in the Prem now.

Moving Jack out wide has really allowed us to utilise all the qualities of some of our best players. Conor, Jack, SJM and Nakamba are all very different players and fitting them all into the side and keeping it balance will do us wonders.

Same team for Brighton and hopefully another three points. Annoyingly, all the results around us this weekend have made the Brighton game a bit more important now. A result there and we're starting to put ourselves into a good position.

Quotas do that and I don't think we are there yet. Let's admit that most of us are of a certain age and when we grew up, mum was in the kitchen. Just cos we don't like change, doesn't make us right.
Our mams pea wet was gorgeous. My dad did the hard manual work and Mum fed and clothed us. God forbid what would’ve happened if it was the other way round

Well that was an absolute treat to watch.

5-1 to the good and up to 15th, a good days work.

Pleased to see Wesley grab two and an assist, wouldn't say it was deserved as such, or it had been coming but from what the other players have been saying, he works very hard week to week and it's nice to see hard work pay off. He looked the player we've been hoping he can be.

Grealish, best performance of the season so far. There's been a lot of talk about him being deserving or undeserving of an England call-up and up until this game, I've thought he's been off the boil slightly. Putting bias aside, his first seven games weren't what we know he can do but today he really showed it. If he can keep this up now then the call-up won't be far away.

Nakamba's looking more assured with each game and we look much better with two adventurous full backs on each side.

Most of all, I was really happy to see Conor have a good game and grab a goal. We all know his story, working up the leagues, scoring in all of them now. He's been with us for what is, relatively, quite a long time now. He's stuck with and worked for the club during some of our lowest moments. He's been scoring goals and winning us games for a number of years now and it's great to see him getting involved in the Prem now.

Moving Jack out wide has really allowed us to utilise all the qualities of some of our best players. Conor, Jack, SJM and Nakamba are all very different players and fitting them all into the side and keeping it balance will do us wonders.

Same team for Brighton and hopefully another three points. Annoyingly, all the results around us this weekend have made the Brighton game a bit more important now. A result there and we're starting to put ourselves into a good position.

Nice post Jamie - have front-paged it as it's well worth sharing.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/a-good-days-work-more-reaction-to-villas-big-win-at-norwich/

Hasn't made the world a better place for who? Yeah, some people take it too far but remembering some of the racist, sexist, homophobic shit that used to casually fall out of people's mouths at work (even my teachers), I imagine things are just a tiny bit more bearable for people who aren't straight white men, so I'll take it on the chin as work in progress.

Her voice was like a drill though!

I wasn't referring to racism or homophobia, obviously it's great that we have moved on to be more accepting and that's where political correctness has been used in the right way. But these days it's more like a vindictive cult.

Shoehorning people in for the sake of it, just to show how virtuous you are, is not progress.

You can't deny anyone though can you Merd? The hiring of minority people to fit a certain PC-inspired regulation or even perception is equally discriminatory and potentially denies the most-qualified and hardest-working candidate from being hired.

Nothing like as discriminatory as when all the people hired fit just one demographic. Which used to be the norm, and to some extent still is. When you see all the people in a certain group are male, white, and presumed to be straight, then you not only have to question it, but you have to make sure discrimination isn't active in future appointments. I've been astonished at some of the barriers I've observed in action.

Nothing like as discriminatory as when all the people hired fit just one demographic. Which used to be the norm, and to some extent still is. When you see all the people in a certain group are male, white, and presumed to be straight, then you not only have to question it, but you have to make sure discrimination isn't active in future appointments. I've been astonished at some of the barriers I've observed in action.
Don't disagree with that McP, but the pendulum has swung too far in many instances. It's those who scream discrimination at the first sign of adversity that are ruining it. And unfortunately, they are very actively assisted by a sensationalist media. True discrimination has no place, but neither does victimhood and reverse-discrimination.

I dont know if it mentioned on another thread but the BBC are reporting that Villa fans, presumably at the Norwich game are being sought in connection with "vile racist chant". and the club want to see footage to help identify them .
Anyone got any idea what this is all about.

I dont know if it mentioned on another thread but the BBC are reporting that Villa fans, presumably at the Norwich game are being sought in connection with "vile racist chant". and the club want to see footage to help identify them .
Anyone got any idea what this is all about.
It's presumably the Ezri Konsa song which was sung when he came on for Engels.

Apparently it's, marvelous dads a rasta, mcginn is his master then some crap about his manhood. The supporters trust have complained and other villa fans which is why it was picked up by the meaning evil. They are young lads who will now realise although they love the players in question the chant is not right and the stereotyping is wrong, it wasn't done in a hateful way just utterly naive in my humble opinion.