Norwich City Fan Comments | Vital Football

Norwich City Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest’s goals for and against are pretty low, so wouldn’t be surprised with a low scoring affair. A draw wouldn’t be the worst given last night’s results, but let’s go for 2-1 again.

Will cautious Chris go for the jugular or sit back and play it cagey. All will be revealed later tonight but I’m going for 3.1 Norwich.

Yet another game where we'll probably have to be very patient against a team who put ten men behind the ball.

Why have I got such a nasty feeling about this game?

Hughton, probably. He's a very good manager, as long as you don't expect your team to do anything positive. This game is going to test everyone's patience.

Eleven men behind the ball. Hughton is their manager.

Be happy with a draw, but would like all three points otbc. 1-1.

Really want us to hit four or five past a team before the end of the season and win comfortably. Being top of the league is brilliant, but there have been way too many nerve-wracking games, not good for the stress levels.

A scrappy and boring 1-0 to Norwich. A match in which Chris H will refuse to open up even after conceding. In post match comments he will praise us for being a “really good team” and will seem chuffed to have lost.

Meanwhile Daniel will praise the ‘guys’ but suggest they need to ‘be more greedy’.

It's a Chris Hughton team. They'll win the toss and let us kick off so they don't have to commit a man too far forward.

Hughton will provide an attacking masterclass and Forest will hammer us 5-0.

If Forest get the first goal it could be a long old evening.

I'm not usually too confident before games, but I just can't see us losing to a poor Forest team. Comfortable 2-0 win.

Tonight is one of those banana skin games for me. I think it stems from the spectre of Hughton's time here and watching us try and defend a point from the kick-off.

One of my favourite recent chants was at Hughton-managed Brighton away in 2015 when we greeted the home fans with "You're only here for a nil nil" as we were storming away under Alex Neil at that time.

Uh-oh. No Buendia and Lewis F-u-c-k-i-n-g Grabban in the line-up for Forest.

If they man mark Cantwell, this now has 0-0 written all over it without Buendia.

Hughton has promised that Forest won't be playing defensively tonight...he expects there to be at least two Forest players outside their 18 yard box...at most times (where possible).

How can Hughton possibly have Grabban as captain? He's the complete opposite.

I don't think I've seen us start this sharply. Great pace. Fantastic start. Looks like we mean business.

Get in!

That Pukki finish just wonderful.

What a brilliant start totally dominant.

Actually it's a very good Forest commentary......DOWELL! yesssssss.

All over them.

Forest don't concede many goals so this really is a good start. As they don't score many either it is even better...

Mr Grabban's Epic Beard...it's hoooge...

Don't often see a shirt without a sponsor. Apparently Forest were sponsored by Football Index which went t*ts up last week.

A few hundred yards away they can play at Trent Bridge at get a cricket score....

0-2 usually is a cricket score if you're England, right?

OOOOOOH TEEEMU shoulda put it away......lovely footy and the local commentator is very good.

Freeman's carrying a bit o' timber...

More like three men.

Forest beginning to settle a bit, recovering slowly from the shell shock.

We should be 3 or 4 up.

Christ, we could have been four up here. As Farke would say, we need to get greedy.

This could be 5-0 by now.

Fantastic move, but Kenny really should score that.

As well as we are playing, I can't help but think Hughton's got the tactics all wrong here. We've had more trouble when teams have pressed us.

Fantastic half of football.

Best 45 minutes of the season.

71.4% possession!!!

Safe to say Steve Hodge is utterly jizzing over us.

Really need to get the 3rd that we should honestly have scored by now.. Getting worried Forest will nab a ****house goal from a header and then it's worrying time.

But other than that about a good first half you could ask for.

We have conceded just seven in our last fourteen. Don't worry. But Yates is winning the headers at corners admittedly.

When he left, I was so happy that I'd never have to watch a Chris Hughton team ever again. I was wrong. I'm enjoying watching this one be so utterly outclassed. How he has a good reputation is beyond me.

Disgraceful refereeing - absolutely no consistency.

And then a Forest player goes through the back of McLean and doesn't get booked for it. Absolutely ridiculous.

And then a third disgraceful decision against us.

Krull save, a collectors item lately.

Florist pressing more this half.
We should still be able to get this done

Maybe they paid us too much respect in the first half. It's a feature of teams that Hughton manages.

This ref is absolutely appalling.

Always liked Steve Hodge the co-commentator, he was a good pro and a decent bloke. Bit o' trivia, he's also got Maradona's shirt from that 'handy' 1986 World Cup game.

Gotta love the Hughton mentality - 2 nil down and 70 minutes in: substitutions? Nah.

He'll bring on a defender.

Hughton will be pleased with the 0-0 in the second half.

You jest, but we all know he actually will.

Lots of going round in circles and passing backwards and forwards without stepping into the opposition half...Hughton masterclass in the 2nd half has triggered my 2012 PTSD.

As cosy win as they come, could have been more greedy but another excellent performance all round.

Long time since I’ve seen us completely outclass a side like that . Absolutely fantastic performance. Forest couldn’t wait for it to be over.

Great result but god grief the referee was abysmal 13 fouls by Forest to only 6 from us and we get the only yellow card. How on earth that James Garner stayed on the pitch i don't know.

Steve Hodge with very good co-commentary.

Also, the best chance Forest had tonight came from an absolutely blatant foul on Rupp. I have no idea how Forest avoided any yellow cards, but even with some weak refereeing we were pretty untouchable tonight.

Forest were pretty crap overall, I certainly expected a lot more of a difficult game.

Our finishing is still so bad. This is what im talking about with TC, in the prem we wont get many chances to score so need a much better conversion rate.

Good win but could have been a thrashing

No one in this league could have lived with us tonight. People being very harsh on Forest - they should have scored the free header, and if they had it might have been different.

Genuine appreciation from the Radio Nottingham commentary team, and especially from Steve Hodge who contributed perceptively throughout.

We should sign them up brilliant commentary and diplomatic in defeat.

Chris Hughton's comments were really interesting. I particularly like what he said about the team being well drilled with many players having played the same way for 3 years. Just really highlighted for me the benefit of sticking with the same coaching team and playing philosophy through thick & thin. We are now reaping the benefits of NOT constantly change our playing style.

Steve Hodge was excellent on i follow.

Forest were woeful, so poor. Zero intensity made it like an easy training game.

That was like a Sunday stroll in the park, I’d forgotten how crap Hughton sides are to watch.

Good work Calv, as always.

They called it pre-match....

"A scrappy and boring 1-0 to Norwich. A match in which Chris H will refuse to open up even after conceding. In post match comments he will praise us for being a “really good team” and will seem chuffed to have lost"
Sorry. He has got to go before spending any more money.

We have the chance to really reduce the wage bill this summer and go again. I dont think the manager that we have got is the man to shape the way forward.

We have the chance to really reduce the wage bill this summer and go again. I dont think the manager that we have got is the man to shape the way forward.

Our wage bill alone is 140% of our total turnover. I doubt we have a vast amount of wiggle room. ..

But will that be the case going forward? I fucking hope not, we must have learned something surely.

Given most of our signings/loans have either come from the PL or turned down contracts at other championship clubs to sign bigger ones with us, coupled with the reduction in revenue this season I suspect it will be far worse.

Given most of our signings/loans have either come from the PL or turned down contracts at other championship clubs to sign bigger ones with us, coupled with the reduction in revenue this season I suspect it will be far worse.
For it to be far worse that would mean relegation is a certainty as opposed to a possibility. I thought that was'nt the idea?