North Ferriby | Page 2 | Vital Football

North Ferriby

NFU had only 10 points on the board. 4 of those came against Grantham, Gainsborough, on the other hand, had taken 6 points from their 2 games against NFU. The amended table will be interesting from a local perspective.

The owners who put loads of cash into it were Steve and Eman Forster; Eman is the daughter of Hull City's hugely popular owner Assem Allam. Steve fell seriously ill in (I think) 2015 and they put the club up for sale. They effectively handed it debt-free to a local businessman called Jamie Waltham in November 2017; sounds like things have hurtled downhill since then.

EDIT: Apparently it passed to a local builder called Carl Chadwick in June 2018, who says that he was told it was debt-free. That appears to have been inaccurate...
Not a businessman the Next!

This should serve as a lesson to other clubs who are totally reliant on a benefactor. Of course, we all know that no lesson will be learned, and we will be discussing the same thing again when the next benefactor gets bored with the lack of or pace of success their ego and money demand.

Losing to North Ferriby was definitely one of the low points for me in the Conference. They literally are (or were) a village team.

YES,second only to the Carshalton debacle.....i was there handing out kleenex to Dazzler.
The defeat to Ferriby an utter embarrassment and getting on the 17.25 at Lincoln after the game i kept wondering if it was all worth the effort.
I feel for the real Ferriby fans..........,where to now?

What ever the ins and outs of any reason , it's always sad when a club ceases to exist . There but for the grace and all that . Bolton are In court next Wednesday on a winding up order, a take over deal has just fallen through. Bolton wound up then . Not at all , one rule for ......... and another for ........

It wasn't just losing either, they absolutely destroyed us in that FA Trophy game. That 11 was awful, with Dixon etc, but nowhere near that awful to get done 4-0 (Nolan, Tomlinson, Miller, even Nat Brown etc). We were just an absolute shower of a team.

When we annihilated them in the early stages of the Cowley reign it did show how quickly they'd turned us around, I think.
After that game was the moment I thought we really were doomed. I took my dad as a treat (!) thinking this team is based in a village and play in Conference North, we will win this one! Good lord, how wrong I was...

This is a bit weird isn't it? How can you can go out of existence over £7k? They won the FA Trophy only 4 years ago

Looking at their Twitter, it would appear the final goal their fans witnessed was scored against them by Johnny Margetts...!

This is a bit weird isn't it? How can you can go out of existence over £7k? They won the FA Trophy only 4 years ago

My guess is the current owner has realised they are a money-pit and has decided not to fight the winding up order.

They will have had many more debts than the £7k. That willl presumably be the debt owed to whoever sought to have them wound up.

Incidentally I've worked out Grantham climb 4 places to 14th. Trinity lose 6 pts but stay in the play off places.

They will have had many more debts than the £7k. That willl presumably be the debt owed to whoever sought to have them wound up.

Incidentally I've worked out Grantham climb 4 places to 14th. Trinity lose 6 pts but stay in the play off places.

Indeed the figure was much higher, well into six figures, but that particular £7,000 debt was the one called in which has done for them. Former boss Steve Housham is owed a fair bit of money by the club too.