Normal services resumed | Vital Football

Normal services resumed

jocklatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Oh dear what a pretty dire 1st away performance of the season against Preston. I didn't see our opening game against Cardiff but my first game of the season seems to be deja vu from last season with a resumption of normal away game service. A very inept performance from a good majority of the team with only Windass coming away with any credibility. We were so far off the pace that I thot it was a pre season friendly for us.....Marshall was woeful n commands his area less than our predecessor Walton. Robinson was second to every ball & poss his worst game for us. Fox who I have down as a solid defender & leader wasn't great nor did he lead from the front. We lacked tempo, fight & determination against a team who are not that great yet made them look like Barcelona. Surely we can't carry our poor away form from last season into the coming season!!!

Goal keeper never once in the game comanded his box so thats one of cooks good signings He also looked bad last week FOX Looked like years have caught up with him And Kipre league one at the best Robinson got ripped to bits and bryne Not good enought Wont get better unless he changes it

Goal keeper never once in the game comanded his box so thats one of cooks good signings He also looked bad last week FOX Looked like years have caught up with him And Kipre league one at the best Robinson got ripped to bits and bryne Not good enought Wont get better unless he changes it
agree on keeper but not on Robinson,Byrne will now lose his place to Stirling and possibly Kipre lose his place,wouldnt be surprised to see Dunkley/Mulgrew combination next week!

Perhaps PC may try a few different options next week against Stoke in cup game...give a few of our new signings a good run out n who knows..

agree on keeper but not on Robinson,Byrne will now lose his place to Stirling and possibly Kipre lose his place,wouldnt be surprised to see Dunkley/Mulgrew combination next week!
Why mulgrew was talking to a Blackburn fan who said he as lost a yard of pace Blackburn wouldnt let there captain go to us If he was any good Back up yes i can understand,,,, Think we should have bought a center back From last season it was def a place thats needed a player

Why mulgrew was talking to a Blackburn fan who said he as lost a yard of pace Blackburn wouldnt let there captain go to us If he was any good Back up yes i can understand,,,, Think we should have bought a center back From last season it was def a place thats needed a player
We have to give him a chance and to be honest it will not take much to improve on the two today!At least he should know where to stand when a cross iscoming over!

We have to give him a chance and to be honest it will not take much to improve on the two today!At least he should know where to stand when a cross iscoming over!

Thats the problem, too many players STANDING around scratching their arses, they should be on the move or at least ready to follow a man when the ball is coming into the box, in simple terms its called ball watching.

Highlighted the importance of morsy yesterday. McLeod and Evans are alright on the ball but aren’t good enough at tracking midfield runners and the defence was overrun and disorganised.

Thats the problem, too many players STANDING around scratching their arses, they should be on the move or at least ready to follow a man when the ball is coming into the box, in simple terms its called ball watching.
Exactly my point, yesterday the centre half's were like statues, no messing about by the manager hopefully and put two different ones there on Tuesday and if they are better play them next weekend!

Exactly my point, yesterday the centre half's were like statues, no messing about by the manager hopefully and put two different ones there on Tuesday and if they are better play them next weekend!

Wholesale changes predicted by Cook, i hope he doesnt make these wholesale changes on Tuesday against Stoke (most teams do in the early rounds of the League Cup anyway) then reverts back again against Leeds.

I just hope Cook isn't trying to con the fans making it look as though he's doing summat about yesterdays shambles.

Wholesale changes predicted by Cook, i hope he doesnt make these wholesale changes on Tuesday against Stoke (most teams do in the early rounds of the League Cup anyway) then reverts back again against Leeds.

I just hope Cook isn't trying to con the fans making it look as though he's doing summat about yesterdays shambles.
I think Cook is under a lot more pressure now having been backed handsomely by IEC in the transfer market! I am still a Cook supporter but concede that he cannot have a away campaign like last season. Personally when he works out the best starting Eleven I think we will have more than enough for a good season but he is definitely under much more pressure from above!!

We need to put out a very strong eleven against Stoke, the new signings should start if they play well and give 100% then the initiative would be a start in the Leeds game next week.

If we had hammered PNE 5 nil there would of been 7 to 9 changes, as already said that's what teams do in this cup, so don't read to much into the team for Stoke, Saturday at 2pm will be interesting.