Non league day | Vital Football

Non league day

ukrocks0007

Vital 1st Team Regular
I propose going to North Shields V Whitley Bay at North Shields on Saturday 28th March so it gives plenty time to co-ordinate with other groups/sites/papers whatever and we can support North East football and not that parasite Ashley.

The reason I have suggested this fixture is because I feel it could be the highest possible crowd. The game at Hillheads got an attendance of 857 which is impressive for an Ebac league game.

Feel free to suggest/change anything but the idea is now on the board.

Thanks for the extra time UKrocks what with the bairn coming n all. I think that may be achievable and will pencil in. This is a thread that could do with the odd periodical bump I think.

I've every second weekend off and that's my weekend in so I'll keep an eye out for any changes in plans. I've no holidays left either until April.

Let's hope it generates interest and it will certainly benefit our local clubs as well.

Imagine the look on Ashley's face if non league teams start getting 1000+ crowds and even make the sheep start flocking to the games, instead of putting up with his shite. Local clubs benefit, all the fans get their football fix, few drinks and good craic after the game and Ashley choke's on his double whopper with extra bacon.

It was mentioned in an earlier thread, to promote this that you may hand out leaflets outside SJP, it may have been another poster, I think it was actually, anyway, do let me know.....I'd love to see this protest in action.

Oh and err bumpety bump

OL AND OM, Is it OK if I go to Gateshead tomorrow? Just thought I better get your permission seeing as you are in charge of every bodies life on here?

There will always be those who fail to see the point, and rather than joining in will stand and sneer on the sidelines.

When the day comes for Ashley to leave they will claim they were against him all along.

without putting a wet blanket on this OL - wouldn't it be better to have this NL day on a day when newcastle are at home?

Maybe Finn but it might be a good thing to see what kind of interest we get first, if Newcastle are away or not playing (they aren't playing )then more people might go who otherwise wouldnt. There was over 800 at Hillheads earlier in the season so it has the potential to be a big crowd anyway, hopefully more. The idea is to turn the heads of those that decide to go, who normally would go and watch Newcastle. They might see that it's a better atmosphere, there's no greedy corporations like Sky, no idiot owners and overpaid players. You get to see 2 teams battling it out on a saturday at 3pm, the way it should be.

North Shields v Whitley Bay is a good starting point, and if we can garner a bit of interest then maybe we could get together again next season for another one. Ideally on the same day as Newcastle play their first home game.

Just one thing though. If there are relatively few of us it might be better to pick a game where the difference in gate would be noticed. For example, Tow Law get an average gate of around 60, but if they suddenly had 300 it would make a few people sit up and take notice. if that crowd became a movable feast as it were, and started to appear at a different ground each time then we'd definitely get publicity. I can't think that any club would make us less than welcome, the money would be a bonus to them.

For the first game though, Shields v Bay is the best bet. As ever though, I'm open to ideas. The beauty of this is that we need no real leaders, just a game to go to and away we go.

Count me in,at the least we're making an effort.
Here's hoping the grazers have a grand day out on the last home game of the season as the players do a lap of honour for them & fatty.
They've achieved nothing & should hang their heads in shame.

NE1, desperately trying to be noticed.

It's more than likely a multi, one of the many victims of my acerbic wit, and this is the best he can come up with.

I assumed ne1 was the ne1 who enjoyed calling people les mis all the time up until last year and stopped posting when results started to go downhill.