No NDA's, No gagging orders, just straight talk. | Page 5 | Vital Football

No NDA's, No gagging orders, just straight talk.

Was going to listen this morning....in light of that I'll not bother. Sounds like a waste of time.

It is still worth a listen Hindley it just isn't as cutting as the title i first posted suggests it was going to be, they still don't reveal everything as NDA's and gagging orders were still adhered to.

I started listening last night, (alongside watching the unbelievable scenes from the States), but then a late night power cut meant I've just finished it this morning.

I thought it was a really good listen, with 3 very good speakers (JJ, Lisa, and especially Caroline).

I think they were all as truthful as they could possibly be, though there were obviously things that JJ and Lisa wanted to say, but (understandably) felt they couldn't.

It was never going to lay out all of the details of what's happened, who's done what etc, but with only a little bit of reading between the lines, it wasn't difficult to get a reasonable picture .......... even going right back to the end of 2019.

I certainly felt more optimistic that this club will have a future beyond this fiasco, and I hope that all 3 individuals end up playing a part in that.

No argument from me there sid and as everyone knows I posted it, but in my defence that title wasn't mine it was what was billed by the PWU crew.

Not having a pop at you here LMB but what was billed as warts & all, straight talking podcast turned out to be anything but.
For the benefit of those who have not listened to it here is my short take on it...

I had my popcorn at the ready awaiting patiently for podcast to be aired hoping to be enlightened into the murky dealings of our well drawn out takeover, sadly it didn't pan out like that.
It was 90 mins long, similar length to a full football match. The 1st half (45min) was basically opening statements from Caroline ( SC), JJ & Lisa N - they mainly just thanked various people saying it was a difficult period and that dialogue was still ongoing with Admin and EFL.They mentioned there was lessons to be learned thru this process, things all sides could have done better & which should help us further down the road. Caroline did assure us crowdfunder money is 100% safe & will only be used for good of the club & NOT day to day running costs / wages etc. JJ did state staff were unhappy with approach from the Spaniards who told some were on too much money, critical of Spaniards but not too much, he also went on to thank everyone at club incl those who'd been made redundant In fact both Caroline & Lisa are both still subject to NDA's so were more in praise of the EFL & Admin than anything negative. So a summary of 1st half - no shots on goal, very little goalmouth action & defence on top...nil - nil.
The 2nd 45min I thot would be more interesting with some difficult questions but they didn't really materialise. Questions ranged from why we got to admin n could it have been avoided to exclusivity & could we model the Portsmouth Fan ownership method.All of which have been discussed to death on here...imo there was no 'revelations' or information on our next potential new owner just the promise that we should have new owners by end Feb but hopefully sooner. I thot JJ could have given us more insight given that he's not covered by NDA, he did say can't really reveal too much for fear of being wrong despite positive source of info nor would he criticise people but I got the feeling that none of the 3 wanted to rock the boat with either Admin or EFL, infact they were a bit ott in their praise of the EFL in such difficult circumstances.
So at the end of the 2nd half it finished nil - nil with no clear cut chances ( information), no wiser (potential buyer).... fans left stadium wanting more was the chant 😉
What could have been or was billed as a clear the air of rumours / bull / speculation just left us ( well me anyway) no wiser, where this will all end & how long this will all take.
As a caveat to the above ...I think the PWU lads are doing a good job, the SC & JJ have club & fans best interests at heart whilst Lisa N is trying to keep our plight heard at differing levels so my hat is off to them as I know I couldn't do I.....

......... I thot JJ could have given us more insight given that he's not covered by NDA, he did say can't really reveal too much for fear of being wrong despite positive source of info nor would he criticise people but I got the feeling that none of the 3 wanted to rock the boat with either Admin or EFL, infact they were a bit ott in their praise of the EFL in such difficult circumstances.........

JJ said he isn't covered by the NDA as he hasn't had any part in the discussions or the details of the Spanish bid ever since it was submitted. He obviously wanted to say more re the Choi/Au Yeung situation, but held off ......... but what he did say was only what most on here had thought .

Re the EFL .........maybe they aren't the bad boys in all of this then. Maybe supporters have been wrong in casting them as pariahs in this whole affair ........ well, this time round, certainly.

Not having a pop at you here LMB but what was billed as warts & all, straight talking podcast turned out to be anything but.
For the benefit of those who have not listened to it here is my short take on it...

I had my popcorn at the ready awaiting patiently for podcast to be aired hoping to be enlightened into the murky dealings of our well drawn out takeover, sadly it didn't pan out like that.
It was 90 mins long, similar length to a full football match. The 1st half (45min) was basically opening statements from Caroline ( SC), JJ & Lisa N - they mainly just thanked various people saying it was a difficult period and that dialogue was still ongoing with Admin and EFL.They mentioned there was lessons to be learned thru this process, things all sides could have done better & which should help us further down the road. Caroline did assure us crowdfunder money is 100% safe & will only be used for good of the club & NOT day to day running costs / wages etc. JJ did state staff were unhappy with approach from the Spaniards who told some were on too much money, critical of Spaniards but not too much, he also went on to thank everyone at club incl those who'd been made redundant In fact both Caroline & Lisa are both still subject to NDA's so were more in praise of the EFL & Admin than anything negative. So a summary of 1st half - no shots on goal, very little goalmouth action & defence on top...nil - nil.
The 2nd 45min I thot would be more interesting with some difficult questions but they didn't really materialise. Questions ranged from why we got to admin n could it have been avoided to exclusivity & could we model the Portsmouth Fan ownership method.All of which have been discussed to death on here...imo there was no 'revelations' or information on our next potential new owner just the promise that we should have new owners by end Feb but hopefully sooner. I thot JJ could have given us more insight given that he's not covered by NDA, he did say can't really reveal too much for fear of being wrong despite positive source of info nor would he criticise people but I got the feeling that none of the 3 wanted to rock the boat with either Admin or EFL, infact they were a bit ott in their praise of the EFL in such difficult circumstances.
So at the end of the 2nd half it finished nil - nil with no clear cut chances ( information), no wiser (potential buyer).... fans left stadium wanting more was the chant 😉
What could have been or was billed as a clear the air of rumours / bull / speculation just left us ( well me anyway) no wiser, where this will all end & how long this will all take.
As a caveat to the above ...I think the PWU lads are doing a good job, the SC & JJ have club & fans best interests at heart whilst Lisa N is trying to keep our plight heard at differing levels so my hat is off to them as I know I couldn't do I.....
Yes it was not as revealing as we would have liked but we need to take a step back. No matter what the SC, Nandy or JJ think about what has gone on there is a bigger picture to think about. The Admins are still in control of this process and, because of that, all the main players need to maintain a working relationship with them to get to where we want to be. That will require a lot of biting of tongues I am sure, but if it means we get a decent new owner and the club is sold that is a price worth paying in the short-term, no matter how frustrating we find that as fans.

JJ was clearly in a very difficult position but there were a couple of points he alluded to which I thought were quite telling. He said the previous owner was given bad advice to go down the route of admin and that if he had been given enough warning and time he would have advised the owner to realise our playing assets at the end of the season where we could have got considerably more for the players and avoided the need to go down this path. Now we know our previous owner did ring up for some advice before this chain of events unfolded. Hmmmm.

Secondly, JJ made a very quick reference to the previous owner (Au Yeung) who he said he had never met. When referring to the previous regime he said “owner in brackets” now that to me either means he doesn’t consider Au Yeung to be a proper owner in the sense that proper football club owners don’t take the action he did, or JJ could have been alluding to what we all wondered at the time - did Au Yeung even exist or was he just a Joe Bloggs used for a paper transaction. I hope one day we do get to the bottom of it and we learn what happened in those “heated” boardroom meetings in the weeks before we went into admin

I think that sums it up pretty well jock, I have to admit I was left a little underwhelmed after listening, Lthough I did find it very interesting especially the stuff put to JJ about what happened prior to the administrators coming in.

Its no secret to anyone you was involved in the political debates on here that I know Lisa Nandy and I do know how much she has done for us during this whe debacle, she has championed our cause and sought information from government ministers and officials and had constant contact with all the parties, I am biased but some of the stuff said about her doing it to further her career or staus is grossly unfair she is passionate about wigan and is also the hardest working MP it that hS represented this town from the three I knew.

One last thing Caroline Molyneux impressed me as well, it has been claimed she was out of her depth but I think last night an the passion she spoke with shows that is very wide of the mark, add to that she indicated the supporters club have a very good team of advisors and legal people behind them

Thanks Jock for the summary to save me listening to it.

As Swindon says nature of the situation is they still need to maintain something of a workable relationship with admin for the time being. So if admin deserve a complete burial for all of their failings, they aren't going to get it at least yet. I also expect there is a lot of things that they have come to believe are true but are hard to prove categorically so would potentially land them in trouble legally for saying it, so Nandy, SC, JJ all need to cover themselves. Think it would be better if the podcasters didn't frame it as a tell all if the reality was it wasn't possible under the circumstances, as they set their listeners up for disappointment and frustration. SC, Nandy and Jackson already get enough unfair criticism for not saying enough as it is!

The stuff Swindon also states about reading in between the lines from Jackson is what we pretty much all expected - we must be the first and only club in the world who got put in admin under these needless circumstances.

Last edited:
Thanks Jock for the summary to save me listening to it.

As Swindon says nature of the situation is they still need to maintain something of a workable relationship with admin for the time being. So if admin deserve a complete burial for all of their failings, they aren't going to get it at least yet. I also expect there is a lot of things that they have come to believe are true but are hard to prove categorically so would potentially land them in trouble legally for saying it, so Nandy, SC, JJ all need to cover themselves. Think it would be better if the podcasters didn't frame it as a tell all if the reality was it wasn't possible under the circumstances, as they set their listeners up for disappointment and frustration. SC, Nandy and Jackson already get enough unfair criticism for not saying enough as it is!

The stuff Swindon also states about reading in between the lines from Jackson is what we pretty much all expected - we must be the first and only club in the world who got put in admin under these needless circumstances.

KDZ - It is defo worth a listen and I did find it interesting BUT be prepared for a feeling of let down at the end and a lot of questions still unanswered.
They couldnt even say if the stream viewing figures had dropped off over this season which would be in an interesting stat.
It all boils down to the previous owners , the Admin and no one else who can afford the club wants us and unfortunately the club has nearly lost everything including its identity and presence as we cant even watch any game until goodness knows when.

They couldnt even say if the stream viewing figures had dropped off over this season which would be in an interesting stat.

Would that be because none of them have any knowledge the day to day operations because the administrators are runing the club rather not saying because of NDA's

Just finished listening, good summary from jock, just a couple of points I'd like to add:

I didn't know that JJ had not been involved in the day to day running (on a voluntary basis) for the last 3 months since the Spanish bid was accepted. That IMO is a major blow.

and

JJ said
"It's is important that people do buy the streaming passes because every penny that's spent at the club goes towards the running costs and is helping us to survive each day"
Surely it's time for us fans to get some sort of momentum in match pass uptake going, we need to try to convince the fans who watch on illegal streams to watch via the legit source (if they can afford to) and we need to convince fans who fear that the money is in someway "benefiting the admins" to understand that the match passes and merchandise purchases are literally the only thing generating cash to keep us alive at the moment.

This is not a dig at anyone, but I feel it's reached the point where we need to market the need and benefit on social media.
I seem to think for some reason there are usually about 400 ish people who pay to watch the games (not sure where I got that figure from).
At 2 games a week, over a month that's roughly 32k. If we could treble that uptake we'd be looking at 100k a month going towards keeping the club alive. Surely we can get 1000+ fans to regularly watch the games.

Massively underwhelming given the headlines. 90 minutes of little new information and hand wringing.
Meanwhile the admins allow Naismith to leave for nowt with impunity denying the club even a small income fee.
I fear liquidation is only a short time away.

Would that be because none of them have any knowledge the day to day operations because the administrators are runing the club rather not saying because of NDA's

The supporters club should be asking - see Arthurs post for the reasons why.