No more programmes? | Vital Football

No more programmes?

Lienking

Vital Football Hero
Didn't realise it's compulsory to produce a match day prog. A vote today has stopped this. Rather ironic that squad numbers designed to sell shirts, mean that if you have a squad list you don't really need a prog. The high price and internet haven't helped either. In the old days they would print the match day eleven, and you would write in the changes . A rather poignant note is that after the Munich air crash Man U printed a prog with eleven blanks as they had no idea who would play.

Also interesting that the Malmo final prog is worth about £4 , but there seem to be very few Hamburg progs about.

Guess Forest sell enough progs to carry on with them?

I have one.

I have Cologne and Ajax away as well. And the 59 cup final

I've got to ask you Pope, where did you get that 1959 cup final program. Mine went missing shortly after I returned home from the game. Wouldn't mind betting it's changed hands umpteen times since then but I bet it's still in Nottingham !

I've got to ask you Pope, where did you get that 1959 cup final program. Mine went missing shortly after I returned home from the game. Wouldn't mind betting it's changed hands umpteen times since then but I bet it's still in Nottingham !

eBay for all of them. Had a kick for collecting them around 15 years ago. 1959 cost me something like £25? Came with a couple of other bits- a newspaper supplement and some kind of Wembley schedule.

Last few years I've stopped even buying the modern ones because eventually I'd need a second house to store them. Still keep the special ones as they are nice connection to my club's history that I will never know.

I think I have every cup final forest have played In (including Anglo Scottish) except of course for 1898

Pope, collecting Forest programs is like an infectious decease, I used to have many more than I have now. We've had many visitors over the last 30 or 40 years and one of the stipulations for the men and boys was that they had to bring Forest programs and/or associated papers, cuttings etc. It worked a treat to the point that I had so many I was glad to pass some to another Forest mate in Sydney. Some times I'll get them out and chase up the odd bit of info but it's not quite the time waster that it used to be !

:thumbup:

Football Post printed a picture of fans waiting for the 1959 FA Cup Final train (football specials!) on Beeston station. Photo included my dad and Uncle. Have a Union Jack flag with songsheet from the Final. Presumably my dad didn't buy a prog, but got one off ebay later.

Football Post printed a picture of fans waiting for the 1959 FA Cup Final train (football specials!) on Beeston station. Photo included my dad and Uncle. Have a Union Jack flag with songsheet from the Final. Presumably my dad didn't buy a prog, but got one off ebay later.

That's the old days alright. At that time I was living and working on the South Coast, my young brother still living in Nottm was a good friend of the Forest Secretary hence the ticket for me. I can still recall the excitement especially with only 10 men on the pitch, no subs in those days.

Now then Pope. Only the one but I've been to many Forest games that felt much the same !
Still get the same feeling even miles from the action.

:cup:

Owd ORF was at the Clinton Arms he’s been there from day 1.

In our living room Woanz we have a nice open fire and on the wall above it hangs a limited edition poster measuring about 4ft by 3ft entitled One Hundred Inn Nottingham. It looks great and gets a lot of attention. Although I recognize many of the pubs shown on there and remember visiting quite a few in the day there's no mention of the Clinton Arms. I look forward to a bit of advice on the matter.

I'm sure you understand that I'm passing on advice and information gained due to my age and experience in life.

:tophat:

ORF wouldn't know that, he was too busy campaigning for the working class to get the vote.

Bet he still bares a grudge from when Cromwell banned football though. Those bloody puritans :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

Understood chaps. I'm just trying to work out whether or not you fellows have me over a barrel.
Are you sure about that Woanz, I know about 1865 but Clinton Arms is new to me. It seems to have an odd wring about it.