No limits for us says Kulu.. | Vital Football

No limits for us says Kulu..

Spursex

Alert Team
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/may/kulusevski-there-is-no-ceiling-for-us/

Kulusevski: “There is no ceiling for us”
@SpursOfficial
Tue 24 May 2022, 17:00|

We may have only just completed our 2021/22 campaign, but Dejan Kulusevski's eyes are already eagerly looking towards next term.
On Sunday afternoon, we rounded off our season in style as we defeated Norwich City 5-0 at Carrow Road to seal both a fourth-placed finish in the Premier League and a return to the UEFA Champions League. But just moments after stepping off the pitch, it was quite clear that Dejan didn't want the season to stop there.

It has been quite the debut campaign for the 22-year-old in Lilywhite. Having joined us on an 18-month loan from Juventus in January, the forward has enjoyed a fine start to life in north London and that was capped off in Norfolk as he bagged a brace against the Canaries, opening the scoring on 16 minutes before adding our third midway through the second half - goals which marked his first-ever double in league football.

Yet, despite having notched a remarkable 13 goal involvements in total in just his first 18 Premier League games to help us secure our return to European football's elite club competition, the Swede believes there is still so much more to come from both himself and his team-mates in 2022/23.

The summer is our time to work, to get better, and we’ll put in the work, that’s for sure.​

Dejan Kulusevski

“I love it here. It’s gone really well. I’m feeling good on the pitch and enjoying my football a lot,” he beamed as he reflected on his first four months at the Club. “I’m thankful for the whole team. They’ve helped me a lot. The Premier League has been everything I’ve hoped for and even better. I really enjoy my football here.”

"We couldn’t have finished (the season) better. I’m very happy with the team, so proud. It’s amazing. We did it. The manager said we had a fantastic opportunity and we had to go out and enjoy the moment, like we did in these last games. You have to go out and enjoy it, do your best and then what will happen, will happen.

“I will rest now for some days and then I want to come back much, much better next season, because I believe this team can do much better.

“We have a great coach and great players and I think we can improve as a team, as we did for the last 15 games - we played well, scored a lot of goals. There is no ceiling for us. So that’s what we have to do. The summer is our time to work, to get better, and we’ll put in the work, that’s for sure.”

Allegri - Sarri - Pirlo - Allegri.

4 different manager's philosophies in 4/5 seasons.

So glad we were the recipient of Juve's mini meltdown. So were AC Milan. They're the current champions of Serie A.

Just shows how important it is to have a stable club.
I notice both Giroud and Ibrahimovic were on the scoresheet for Milan at the weekend. A combined age of 75. Both still played over 20 games Serie A games (including sub appearances) last season.

He is a decent player; it's encouraging to hear him talk about working hard in the close season to make himself better; I hope that will include making more use of his right foot than just standing.

Dembelesque ball retention and an attacking mindset with the ability to finish. What we've been missing for ages.

Behave 80; he doesn't have Dembelesque retention; he is on the path but many kilometres behind the moose! Although I did enjoy his touchline skill retention against Leics, and terrific crossfield pass, a sublime bit of play. Shame it found Hoj, who couldn't control it.:LOL:

Dembelesque ball retention and an attacking mindset with the ability to finish. What we've been missing for ages.

Dembele had great upper body strength and players used to bounce off his torso. Kulu has this knack of achieving the same thing by sticking his arse out and stopping the player getting near the ball. It's his trademark move.

There is a huge difference between them; one has an end product and the other very very rarely...

Ok....easy people.......we haven't had decent ball retention with the ability to skillfully go by opponents for a while so Kulusevski is a naffing genius on a relative basis. Compared to Mousa, yeah OK, he's not on the same level in that regard but it's very refreshing not to see the ball turned over. :Fingers:

And he's making Royal look waaayyyyyy better than he is!

Ok....easy people.......we haven't had decent ball retention with the ability to skillfully go by opponents for a while so Kulusevski is a naffing genius on a relative basis. Compared to Mousa, yeah OK, he's not on the same level in that regard but it's very refreshing not to see the ball turned over. :Fingers:

And he's making Royal look waaayyyyyy better than he is!

Different positions of course, but he's way better at going on runs with the ball with a purpose.

Didn't he actually start as a central
striker?

Yeah, and then shifted to the left channel when he was playing with guys like Zamora as the number 9 in Hodgson's Fulham. Duff was perhaps the one on the other side with Murphy as the play maker. Dempsey was probably the 10. I can't remember who played with Murphy but I know Sidwell and a guy called Diarra was there as well. I enjoyed that Fulham side.

I always felt it was Poch that found Mousa's true strength bringing him back into the 2 man pivot in his 4-2-3-1.

It will be interesting whether Kulu ends up making the transition. The obvious difference is his directness and eye for goal.

He became a defensive midfielder for us, having a defensive midfielder with the skills he had was crucial for us IMO.
The comfort it brought the team knowing that once he had the ball he wasn't going to lose it, his only task then was to find Eriksen.

He became a defensive midfielder for us, having a defensive midfielder with the skills he had was crucial for us IMO.
The comfort it brought the team knowing that once he had the ball he wasn't going to lose it, his only task then was to find Eriksen.
Agreed. What a luxury he was for the players around him, particularly our defenders. It didn't matter whether he was marked, or by how many, just give him the ball and you knew it was safe.