no go areas in brum? | Vital Football

no go areas in brum?

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
any truth in this urban myth that i have been hearing over the past few months of certain parts of brum being a no go area for white people after a certain time?

its the same as any other city, I would'nt call them no go areas, just dont go on a walk about in places you dont know. I was born in Aston, when you could walk anywhere. Sad to say I would'nt go for a walk down there now. The places called Newtown and Lozells are definatly no go for me.The area round by the NIA, Ladywood is not to clever either.

LORD RON SAUNDERS - 14/2/2013 12:15

its the same as any other city, I would'nt call them no go areas, just dont go on a walk about in places you dont know. I was born in Aston, when you could walk anywhere. Sad to say I would'nt go for a walk down there now. The places called Newtown and Lozells are definatly no go for me.The area round by the NIA, Ladywood is not to clever either.

ahh the myth i heard was other areas bordsley green and alum rock, used to work around lozells years ago at night replacing the posters in the phoneboxes, never got bothered by no one as they all i presumed i was nutter, though carrying tool kit with odd stanley blade helps lol

I went in search of a kebab in Digbeth one night and got followed by a black hot hatch. I was intrigued as to what they were doing but I guess it can't have been too much if they were following me. In the end I turned a corner and they went the other way.

I think most rational people wouldn't walk around a strange council estate at night, no matter where you are in the world.

Mate of mine was with his mrs in a taxi and stopped at two cash machines on his way home, neither were working, the taxi driver thought he was taking the piss so drove them to alum rock. My mate was expecting the worst (horror stories about taxi drivers grouping up and giving people really good kickings) so told the driver to just let them out.

he did and they were walking down a road aimlessly, when a bloke pointed a rifle up at them from a basement factory and said 'what the fuck are you doing?' my mate shit himself, explained the situation and the bloke let him in. He told them that the asian gangs around there were deadly, they were constantly having a pop at the business premises and that's why they kept the gun. They had a brew, and then one of the lads on the night shift dropped them home.

James06 - 14/2/2013 13:17

Mate of mine was with his mrs in a taxi and stopped at two cash machines on his way home, neither were working, the taxi driver thought he was taking the piss so drove them to alum rock. My mate was expecting the worst (horror stories about taxi drivers grouping up and giving people really good kickings) so told the driver to just let them out.

he did and they were walking down a road aimlessly, when a bloke pointed a rifle up at them from a basement factory and said 'what the fuck are you doing?' my mate shit himself, explained the situation and the bloke let him in. He told them that the asian gangs around there were deadly, they were constantly having a pop at the business premises and that's why they kept the gun. They had a brew, and then one of the lads on the night shift dropped them home.

:10: calmly sitting there having a brew with shit in your pants

There has been tensions between the asians and whites in our area tipton for some time, but things have calmed a little recently though,

A woman over the road from my mom her son and his mate was walking past tipton train station and a gang of asians pulled a gun on them they ran off and was shot at the bullet was retrieved in a wall so it was a real gun aswell that was about 3 years ago

My uncles mate who is as rough and ready and big as you can imagine with Tipton tattoed on his head lol heard about a white chap being kicked to death by asians years back and went mental, so he got his rotweillers and walked through the main asian community releasing his dogs and started smashing wndows and fighting any asian he came across out of anger for the attack

Round by me there has been bad things going on for a while but its gone a lot quieter recntley and im glad tbh but i would avoid areas around the asian estates personally as what has happand in the past

badge73 - 14/2/2013 11:54

any truth in this urban myth that i have been hearing over the past few months of certain parts of brum being a no go area for white people after a certain time?

Isnt Birmingham on the whole, pretty successful with multi cultural relations? I know the BBC reported a while back during the youth's rioting in the city and the one Asian guy being killed. That it could spark up a race war between Asians and blacks but it never came off.

I lived in Bordesley Green in the early 70s when it and Alum Rock still had a majority white populations thought there were a large number of black and asians there at the time.

My mate used to live in Alum Rock and we used to drink in his local on the Alum Rock road (can't remember the name of it now).

I went back to Bordesley Green last year for work and it is just about totally asian now. I had to deliver some stuff to a primary school there and there wasn't a white kid in sight.

Green Tea - 14/2/2013 15:58

badge73 - 14/2/2013 11:54

Isnt Birmingham on the whole, pretty successful with multi cultural relations? I know the BBC reported a while back during the youth's rioting in the city and the one Asian guy being killed. That it could spark up a race war between Asians and blacks but it never came off.

would not say that as from my understanding and sources tell me its all different gangs eyeing up each other, years ago you had the local gangs mixing it with the irish but now its all changed, as west indian, pakistani, indian, bangladeshi groups all cant stand each other, then add in other factors of religion and its like a tinderbox.

plus lately the somalians have a bit of a patch in spark hill, as well the eastern europeans ... all trading with each in guns, drugs and women. hence dont believe in what you read in the news as dont forget the likes of the bbc are left wing supported who are basically responsible for all the crap.

I remember walking through Aston after a match, all the other fans had vanished, i thought i was going to end up as a halal sacrifice.