No Gills then, But Man Utd feature again | Vital Football

No Gills then, But Man Utd feature again

octopus

Vital Squad Member
Friday, January 4: Tranmere Rovers or Southport vs Tottenham (BT

Saturday, January 5: Manchester United vs Reading (BT Sport 2 - 12.30pm)

Saturday, January 5: Solihull Moors or Blackpool vs Arsenal (BT Sport 2 - 5.30pm)

Sunday, January 6: Woking vs Watford (BT Sport 2 - 2pm)

Sunday, January 6: Wrexham or Newport County vs Leicester City (BBC One - 4.30pm)

Monday, January 7: Wolves vs Liverpool (BBC One - 7.45pm)

Not sure why United playing at home to a struggling championship club is showing? liverpool v wolves being all prem isnt exactly a novelty either.

F### me. I told you so. F###ing Manure again in a totally no marks match. If ever there was an argument for AMF, this is it.

Shocking yet totally predictable. I think this is a repeat of a previous pointless showing of Manure v Reading a few years ago.

F### me. I told you so. F###ing Manure again in a totally no marks match. If ever there was an argument for AMF, this is it.

Shocking yet totally predictable. I think this is a repeat of a previous pointless showing of Manure v Reading a few years ago.

Do you have BT Sport?

Agreed! Bore off Mourinho Utd! Glad we are not on live though. All helps to get fans actually turning up!
Come on PDPS, a ticket price to get people in the ground!

Apparently we might have to play on the Sunday if we get chosen for the extended highlights BBC show again. Really hope it's Saturday afternoon.

Not sure why United playing at home to a struggling championship club is showing? liverpool v wolves being all prem isnt exactly a novelty either.

Sensibly broadcasting to the biggest possible audience (Man Un and Liverpool Supporters) and the biggest possible upsets, sadly we are either.

Bit surprised about that, hadn`t thought that they`d go with Man U tbh. Had they not then we`d have been a very good bet as, contrary to Durham`s remark, Gills beating Cardiff would be a newsworthy upset.

Still, as bamber points out, BBC Wales has yet to announce it`s live game. It will be either Gills v Cardiff or Villa v Swansea. Here`s hoping !

Commercial channels will always choose a Man Utd game if available as they get the most viewers. A bit like why Sky show nearly all of Leeds’ Championship games but rarely teams like Rotherham or Brentford.

If Reading were to knock out Man U, it would be (for the media) the story of the round and put Jose’s job under huge pressure again.

I’m slightly surprised that there are SIX live games being broadcast. FOUR on BT Sport!
A shame it’s not 3 a piece for BBC and BT, but it must be down to the FA Cup broadcasting rights contract.

Still, as bamber points out, BBC Wales has yet to announce it`s live game. It will be either Gills v Cardiff or Villa v Swansea. Here`s hoping !

Newport/Wrexham v Leicester would look to be the best tie for a neutral. Hopefully BBC Wales will use the same criteria and go for the game which will attract most Welsh viewers which I believe would be Gills v Cardiff.

There are massively to many live games on TV.It is destroying the live experience crowds will fall generally as traditional fans will bit by bit drift away .Hope we are not on and can play Saturday afternoon.

There are massively to many live games on TV.It is destroying the live experience crowds will fall generally as traditional fans will bit by bit drift away .Hope we are not on and can play Saturday afternoon.

For selfish reasons I would prefer the game not to be televised as you can’t beat a 3pm kick off on the Saturday. Any other slot will detract from both the attendance and atmosphere.

However, the extra income may come in very handy and be the difference between us being able to sign someone half decent or being able to keep hold of someone like Eaves for longer.

Or it could have already been budgeted for and simply pay the electric bill for a week if you’re Durham.