No. 10 | Vital Football

No. 10

Who would you pick for the roll of CAM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canary Kevin

Vital Squad Member
There are four main contenders for the number 10 position. Providing they are all fit who do you think DF should go with.

That is very difficult.
I was going to press the ' other ' option but unless naming that person it seemed a cop out so decided not to.
That left me faced with 4 options and ruling out Vrancic and Stieppo it came down to 2 players. One who has not been given a chance and one who just about does the job. Neither ideal. I am having to think about this one as it shows how much we will need to buy a Nr 10 for next season, in whatever league it turns out to be.

I did press 'other'. It seems to me that number 10 should be the best player in the team (think Messi) so that has to be Emi.

Should be Dowell as that’s why we bought him , but I wouldn’t want to see any of them in the no.10 slot in the Premier League
100% agree. For me Stiepermann, Vrancic not good enough for Premiership. Dowell hasn't been good enough for the championship so doesn't seem good for Premiership. Rupp I wouldn't want him to be our out and out number 10. He is a decent player but never looked that good last season (probably unfair as he was new to the league. Cantwell was originally a number 10 as was Emi but I don't know if Emi will be here next season and Cantwell looks better as a free roaming left winger.

Sinani is a number 10 too but again unknown quality, and he has been played as a left winger too.

I did press 'other'. It seems to me that number 10 should be the best player in the team (think Messi) so that has to be Emi.
I agree with that. I selected other too, but because next season in the premiership we will need a new number 10.

i have now gone with the Harvey Barnes option as he is the type of quality we are going to need , and I now await his signing

Last edited:
Knowing tight arse Smiff it is more like to be Harvey Smiff and he is 82 :grinning:
but at least can jump higher than Stieppo :grinning:

That is such a tough choice. The only position in the team that doesn’t have a nailed on player who everyone would agree on. I went for Dowell simply because he is a good player but he’s suffered with injury and then other players have been playing and the team have been winning. I think he needs a run in the team but when it’s winning without him, that’s a big call for Farke to make.
I though Rupp did ok against Luton but not played there enough to really judge him there. In a central position Rupp has shown he has ability.
Vrancic hasn’t been as bad in his all round game as some might think. His biggest problem has been leaving his shooting boots in his Porsche in recent games. He’s had some great chances lately and fluffed them.
I think Dowell may surprise a few with his ability when he actually gets a proper run at it but that might not be till next season.
Great question! 👍