NL Funding | Vital Football

NL Funding

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
I'm not sure who's made this decision but what a farce in the NL. Whoever has come up with these funding splits obviously don't know what they're doing.

You'd think they would look at the funding and ensure that a consistent % of lost ticket revenue but they've handed more money to the likes of Boreham Wood and then there's Notts County who have the highest attendances and get less funding. They've tiered it rather than looking on an individual basis.

It seems a bit ridiculous... they have done some tiering based on attendances but a small NL club gets 84k and a big NLN club with much higher attendances gets 36k?

If the purpose is to compensate for lost revenue from fans not attending, it doesn't make any sense the way they've set it up. Boreham Wood don't deserve 50k more than York City. It disproportionately favors you being tinpot and having no fans...

I see a few clubs complaining so will be interesting what the response is from the NL/gov??

Certainly made a pigs ear of it, it shouldn't be that hard to work out and make sure everyone's lost revenue is covered by the same % to keep it fair.

It seems a strange way of doing it, almost as if it’s been done by the guy that used to do the fixture list by hand. Doesn’t seem fair to the better supported clubs

Who makes up the NL Board? Seen a few comments on Twitter suggesting B'ham Wood chairman is one of the members?

I'm not sure - I'm not a big fan of Club representative's on EFL/NL Boards. They need to be independent people as a contact point for all Club's (if they need one person per league then fair enough).

I'm not sure - I'm not a big fan of Club representative's on EFL/NL Boards. They need to be independent people as a contact point for all Club's (if they need one person per league then fair enough).

Also seen the pictures of Oliver Dowden at Boreham Wood, in his constituency... I'm sure that's nothing to do with it, but bit of a bad look with them being the major beneficiaries... 252k over 3 months for them to replace lost revenue. Is that not more than they would have earned anyway!? I thought some of their money maybe came from Arsenal...

Also seen the pictures of Oliver Dowden at Boreham Wood, in his constituency... I'm sure that's nothing to do with it, but bit of a bad look with them being the major beneficiaries... 252k over 3 months for them to replace lost revenue. Is that not more than they would have earned anyway!? I thought some of their money maybe came from Arsenal...

Couldn't possibly be any connection between Sports Minister coming from Boreham Wood and them getting the most cash, could there? 🤔🤔

The next lot of NL funding (£11m) is now in the way of loans, not grants like the NL Board said it would be so lots of Club's feel like they've been told one thing just to get the season started.

A few whispers that the reason it's a loan is because of how the grant was poorly distributed earlier in the season (the way it was done wasn't the agreed way and the NL were slow in releasing an independent review into it and seem reluctant to change how it was done).

They've got three options now:

1) The Club's organise the loans their loans individual if needed
2) Loan goes to the NL who then distribute
3) Suspend the season

Seems to me only two options are viable . 2 and 3 , and I understand quite a few are going for 3. Interesting decisions to be made .

National Leagues North and South suspended for two weeks from tomorrow.
National League (step 1) will continue for tomorrow at least . So it begins........

Why suspend? Is it to all intents and purposes a strike?

National league ain't tested like the EFL. No weekly testing . As the cases are at a high level they , the clubs, have put safety before football. And why not , safety amd families comes first .

National league ain't tested like the EFL. No weekly testing . As the cases are at a high level they , the clubs, have put safety before football. And why not , safety amd families comes first .
Agree with the sentiment, but if it was going to happen it should have happened a month ago when cases were skyrocketing. The horse bolted a while ago.