NINETEEN UNBEATEN | Vital Football

NINETEEN UNBEATEN

I have a feeling we might go in hard for the chekatrade trophy next season. Whatever your thoughts on the trophy the near on million pounds raised last season has gone a long way to assisting this years achievements.

Knowing how competitive the Cowleys are I think they will be going in hard for the League 1 title no matter how unbelievable that sounds! Because these two just keep achieving the unbelievable. What a truly remarkable time to be an Imp!

It is a new league for the Cowleys to try their hand so I expect them to recruit well, remain competitive and adjust up to Christmas. See where we are at that point and act accordingly in January. It was a decent strategy last season so would think they will stick with it. This is a big step up no matter how caught up in the euphoria of promotion we are. Yes there are clubs we will readily compete with on budget but then you look at the top half and it is cliff edge stuff so far as us and them go financially. There are some clubs that know the division and have large squads of L1 quality players already in place. We are a functional, super organised outfit that have a never say die attitude and that will go a long way to countering the better technical players we will face. I don't think there is a massive difference between L1 and top end L2 defences. What we may have more problems adjusting to is the number of opponents with added pace and flair from an attacking perspective so it will be interesting to see how that is dealt with.

Luton have managed to do it this season after promotion last season - so no reason why Lincoln can't tread a similar path - money may be an issue - but listening to a Director being interviewed on BBC Lincs yesterday after the game he was confident that the Board could match Danny/Nicky's aspirations as they both have similar goals.

Luton have managed to do it this season after promotion last season - so no reason why Lincoln can't tread a similar path - money may be an issue - but listening to a Director being interviewed on BBC Lincs yesterday after the game he was confident that the Board could match Danny/Nicky's aspirations as they both have similar goals.

The thing with Danny and Nicky, they have a Chairman who they get on with and respect each other, within reason they can do what they want at City, and as far as we know they have got what they have asked for, ie a Training Ground and probably a lot of other smaller stuff we dont know about. Above all they have got the City behind them. There cannot be many Clubs where they can rely on such support, freedom, and control.
Cannot see them going anywhere despite many approaches which have been, and will be made. Their project is only part completed imo.
UTI.

The overall club record is 23 league games unbeaten, set in the Central League championship season of 1911-12. If we remain unbeaten to the end of this season, we will have equalled it with the opportunity to break it in the first game of next season.