Nil points | Vital Football

Nil points

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Against Millwal I thought we were unlucky, tonight we just threw it away with poor defending. Cardiff are too strong a side to gift chances like we did.

So in this mini phase of three games against physical and direct sides we have so far lost twice which is disappointing and somewhat dents any play off hopes. Just hope we can salvage something against Borough, a win against them would at least put some demons to bed.

Not sure what the ref was on tonight but he was quite bizarre at times with his decision making.

Agree on ref, Kent. He gave things both ways that were bizarre. Certainly gave a non foul that set up their third goal. If that was a foul so was the more blatant one on Maupay just before, but I didn't think that one was either.

For me that was our best back four line up from what we have. Can't blame them for first, no one could have stopped that without luck. Second one was poor choice of clearance by Bently (to someone marked by two and not the best pass) Third was poor all round and not a foul to start the free kick.

Good luck to Cardiff, a typical Colin side, strong, powerful and physical. It works for them but I know what I'd rather watch, even if it doesn't mean success.

Good summaries boys, Leeds, Milwall & Cardiff all did for us in the same manner- we knew what was coming & failed to deal with it. Huge disappointment as these results suggest that our footballing style can comfortably be counteracted by the dark arts, how do we overcome this? Try to add a bit of steel & bite most would say but on our budget you risk throwing away the things we do well & building a low end team of cloggers that go the way of Rotherham & co. On our day & against the right oppo we are a good side, sadly we are struggling to progress & PO’s were never on after our start to the season. Even if we sneaked in we’d get beaten in the same way we’ve been losing lately. DS seems to average 1.5 points per game in his time here & before-that’s fine with me but leaves us well short of where Mr Ankersen famously said we had to be by now.

I’ll be there again today but am expecting Groundhog Day - prove me wrong Brentford- Coyr

Much better against Borough and a very entertaining game as well. We made them look very second best and plodders with some silky football. Their wide player was a handful but apart from him I cannot recall any other of their expensively assembled team really shining. Pulis seemed happy to get away with a point and was quite complimentary about us.

We deserved a win but how many times have we said that this season? Still it was one of our better performances of the season as Borough are a strong side.

PLay offs no more than a dream now but we have some of the contenders to play yet so hopefully we can still end the season on a high.

Really enjoyed the Borough match, yet another one we deserved to win. Something up front just doesn't click, we don't create enough clear cut chances and the improving Maupay (well, improved this week and didn't get too sh*tty with people) only had half chances to snatch at.
Thought Romain's sending off was a bit harsh, looked to me like he'd fallen and their guy just fell over him. The ref was not going to act until the ugly sight of him being surrounded by players pressured him to.
Still think we need a new right back, yet again Mr Hapless was continually roasted (took a booking as he had to pull someone back and put us in the positition of defending a free kick in a dangerous place).

The best thing Saturday though, was McLeod's return. He merits a regular start for a while after that performance.