Nike Ball and crosses! | Vital Football

Nike Ball and crosses!

Charliejoejohn2

Vital Squad Member
I put a thread on last season about our crossing and not getting enough from them. 18 crosses again yesterday! At least five sailed out of play. Was wondering if changing from the Mitre ball to the Nike ball they play with in the Premier could have had anything to do with it.

Speaking of crosses, I have criticised Baldock in the past for his final ball distribution but his pass for the goal was excellent. Unfortunately for him it won't officially count as an assist, but I hope it is a sign that he has been working on his decision making in the final third.

our crossing is absolutely terrible,but we somehow manage to score loads of goals. in the prem its gonna have to get better simple as that

our crossing is absolutely terrible,but we somehow manage to score loads of goals. in the prem its gonna have to get better simple as that

I don't agree with this at all. In the build up to yesterday I watched a lot of match highlights from the last three years and crossing in that time has been one of our biggest strengths. It is often inconsistent from Baldock and Basham on the right hand side (less so K. Freeman), but Stevens, O'Connell and Fleck put some great balls in pretty much every match. We also have great delivery from set pieces, especially free kicks that are wide and deep.

Last edited:
look at the stats pal, goal to cross ratio stats dont lie its as simple as that better crossing we,ll score more its in black and white it isnt my opinion its stats

Got to say it’s not always the fault of the crosser I’ve seen some great balls laid into the middle and nobody’s gambled on getting on the end of it

According to this site, the probability of scoring from a cross is 1.6% (1 goal for every 64 crosses.) I can't find any stats from our last few seasons with a brief google search, but I recon that we are better than average based on having watched us recently.