Nigel Adkins | Page 2 | Vital Football

Nigel Adkins

How much of the wasted money (and I'm certainly not disputing that we've wasted a lot) is down to the current manager, how much was down to a former chairman and how much isdown to the recruitment team ?

I wish I knew the answers, I suspect no one on this board knows for certain but we'll all have our theories.

That is a very fair point we know that Cook and the recruitment team work together and we dont know exactly which signing was driven by who other than the odd confirmation we get in interviews.

Even if Cook has the final say on them all and his judgement has been poor it could arguably have been tipped by poor recruitment analysis.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...cook-survival-and-recruitment-plans-1-9666312

Darren Royle on recruitment:

“Recruitment has been a very active area. Chris Brass, who heads that up, has been looking at a lot of different markets. And it’s something we’re actively building up, our intelligence in other markets, and looking at players.”

So it is not Cook who is in charge of signings, Chris Brass is. How much input Cook has we will not know i guess.