Nice want Lloris. | Vital Football

Nice want Lloris.

Spursex

Alert Team
Nice want Lloris return

Nice are ready to offer Hugo Lloris a way out of Tottenham this summer with a return to the club where he started his career.

The Spurs captain, 34, revealed he was part of a broken dressing room after crashing out of the Europa League to Dinamo Zagreb last week, but he also has interest from clubs wanting to offer a fresh start.

Lloris started his career at Nice before moving to Lyon and Spurs. They want him back at the Allianz Riviera where he would be a marquee signing under the ownership of Sir Jim Ratcliffe.

The World Cup winner has one full season left on his contract and his forthright interview after the Dinamo defeat has raised hopes he could be brought back to France for the final part of his career.

He worked with Paris Saint-Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino when they were at Spurs but Keylor Navas is established as No1 at Parc des Princes.

I hope Hugo stays until the end of his contract. The GK position is not the most urgent problem to solve in my mind.

It's funny how we think, I've long wished for a more-commanding keeper who will impose himself with the box and be more forceful with his defenders, I really do think if we could find that man, it may well earn us an extra 6 points a season above and beyond Lloris's contribution in the last few seasons.

It's funny how we think, I've long wished for a more-commanding keeper who will impose himself with the box and be more forceful with his defenders, I really do think if we could find that man, it may well earn us an extra 6 points a season above and beyond Lloris's contribution in the last few seasons.

Interesting, I tend to think that if you removed Hugo's assured voice from behind the defence we would suddenly start missing him more than we think. He also recovers incredibly quickly from a mistake whereas guys like Hart don't have that mental resilience.

My priority 1 is still the left-sided centre half position. It's becoming streets ahead of any other priority we have in our setup. Not sure where down the pecking order would be the keeper upgrade, but after LCB and RB and probably even other positions. I still fear a long term injury to Hojbjerg as another example.

Interesting, I tend to think that if you removed Hugo's assured voice from behind the defence we would suddenly start missing him more than we think. He also recovers incredibly quickly from a mistake whereas guys like Hart don't have that mental resilience.

My priority 1 is still the left-sided centre half position. It's becoming streets ahead of any other priority we have in our setup. Not sure where down the pecking order would be the keeper upgrade, but after LCB and RB and probably even other positions. I still fear a long term injury to Hojbjerg as another example.

Can't argue about the other positions as I've said the same many times, but an outstanding world-class top draw keeper could well be a game-changer, the impact could be revolutionatry for us - Lloris for me has always made too many mistakes and had too many off-days and is too quiet to be classed as such.

So for me he is a good keeper, not a great one.

Can't argue about the other positions as I've said the same many times, but an outstanding world-class top draw keeper could well be a game-changer, the impact could be revolutionatry for us - Lloris for me has always made too many mistakes and had too many off-days and is too quiet to be classed as such.

So for me he is a good keeper, not a great one.

So who could we realistically bring in that ticks the right boxes and is attainable?

Hugo is another player that should be remembered fondly if/when he departs...damn good GK for us over the years. I wish him well if he decides to go elsewhere....and don't blame him

Hugo is great, he's a living Legend in French football. One of our best signings in the past decade. Spurs fans will, and should remember him fondly for sure.

However, his distribution is poor, and always has been. And now, there's little doubt he's showing his age in his shot-stopping. His return to France has been on the cards for a year, and I do not expect Joe Hart to be our starting #1 next season.

My guess it'll be a much much younger guy, who has an unusual amount of top level first team experience for his age. Not necessarily English. Almost happened last window, and interestingly thigs have changed in our favor, so......