Nice to know you can rely on the football "family" | Vital Football

Nice to know you can rely on the football "family"

Players who had a release clause amount in contract like Jedi, William's and others no problem that's down to the likes of Royle, Jackson and Sharpe.
Others Moore, Lowe, Kipre, Morsy is where the issue is and only 1 door to lay that against - thanks Begbies

Waiting for a Championship side to take pity on us in our situation and loan us a player with them paying the vast majority of his wages

Waiting for a Championship side to take pity on us in our situation and loan us a player with them paying the vast majority of his wages

I was thinking about Christian Walton especially with our recent dealings, them having gone thru Administration previously and us giving him some game time.

Posted here to save making a new thread ................ this doesn't fit the context of the original post, but it certainly fits the title of the thread.

They've lost an enormous amount of funding through the absence of the usual sponsored walk to a Tics game, so if anyone feels like joining up ......

The reality is football is a business and it's dog eat dog we can't expect favours or charity from anyone just like we didn't give out favours and charity when we saw other clubs in these type of positions.

Due to other clubs financial issues we got some bargains: Boltons training ground, Jimmy Bullard from Peterborough, Roy Carrolls sell on from Hull, Vic Moses from Palace, and i'm sure there are plenty of others.

It's frustrating when the boot is on the other foot but we can't really moan when everyone does it, including ourselves in the past and if we ever get out of this and the chance arises we'll be doing it again in the future.

The reality is football is a business and it's dog eat dog we can't expect favours or charity from anyone just like we didn't give out favours and charity when we saw other clubs in these type of positions.

Due to other clubs financial issues we got some bargains: Boltons training ground, Jimmy Bullard from Peterborough, Roy Carrolls sell on from Hull, Vic Moses from Palace, and i'm sure there are plenty of others.

It's frustrating when the boot is on the other foot but we can't really moan when everyone does it, including ourselves in the past and if we ever get out of this and the chance arises we'll be doing it again in the future.

You threw me then KDZ. I was thinking "what the hell has this to do with Josephs Goal?", but then remembered that I hijacked an old thread.

Not sure there was anything more to be said on it mind you, but for what it's worth, yep, no point us being two-faced about it.

Spot on
I remember Peterborough & Hull being particularly aggrieved by Latics' conduct with Bullard & Carroll