Nice gift from Mel Morris to the Rams ST holders | Vital Football

Nice gift from Mel Morris to the Rams ST holders

With travel there and back, a few pints and a bite to eat you'll see no change out of £80. Yet there'll be thousands of Rams going to the match, and a parent taking a kid or two is going to bump up the price a lot more. Pricing is a joke but the only way to bring these prices down is don't go. Saying that we all waste money on things we love!

Bit more than 80 MoP, but well worth it. £100 air fare, a tenner train fare to Stockport to drop my bag off at my mates. Into town with his son for an afternoon beer or three. Manchester return for the match. Wednesday, a day out in Stockport, Thursday afternoon a few beers in Manchester with some Soulie friends, Friday morning train to Brum where I shall be meeting some old friends from Burton and Derby for an afternoon of merriment. Fly back to the 'Dam and have a good rest ready to watch Derby via RamsTV on the Saturday. A good little break IMO. 4 full days. Total cost around 300 I reckon

With travel there and back, a few pints and a bite to eat you'll see no change out of £80. Yet there'll be thousands of Rams going to the match, and a parent taking a kid or two is going to bump up the price a lot more. Pricing is a joke but the only way to bring these prices down is don't go. Saying that we all waste money on things we love!
T
They have devalued this competition that much in recent years that people are not going to pay that kind of price when they will in all probability be seeing the reserves or second string from the dominant club.

I was a big fan of the Cup vouchers and was incensed when they were removed from the season ticket quite a few moons ago. With the size of crowds we get now for this tin pot competition isn't it time they returned? Giving the opportunity to season ticket holders to see the game for free effectively when at home and then pay for games when the competition gets into its later stages. Either that or put a ceiling price for all teams in the competition on the price of a ticket for the games. Failing that a standardised price for the whole competition, including semi-finals and final?

Bit more than 80 MoP, but well worth it. £100 air fare, a tenner train fare to Stockport to drop my bag off at my mates. Into town with his son for an afternoon beer or three. Manchester return for the match. Wednesday, a day out in Stockport, Thursday afternoon a few beers in Manchester with some Soulie friends, Friday morning train to Brum where I shall be meeting some old friends from Burton and Derby for an afternoon of merriment. Fly back to the 'Dam and have a good rest ready to watch Derby via RamsTV on the Saturday. A good little break IMO. 4 full days. Total cost around 300 I reckon
Sounds like a plan :party::cheers::cup:

I have had two days at test matches this year vs India. Lords £100 Oval £80. Plus getting there food and drink etc, so is £35 out of line to see a MUFC team? £ 35 will see a result as opposed to say 30 overs of dull play and a lot of rain to sit thru until it gets "too dark" and they pack up. BBeen lucky this year but also have had those annoying days when just enough play not to get a refund.

You pays your money and takes your chances. No one makes us go, but still we do. Yes it's expensive to go to any sport, but I just don't get why people expect something for nothing. Would you go into work for no pay? Would you go to Tesco and expect the food to be free? Or into your local and expect a complimentary free beer?

It's nice to get a bonus freebie every now and then but basically if you think it's too expensive and you can't afford it, don't go. If enough think that way, supply and demand will push the price down. If you think MUFC game is too expensive, boycott it.

It's this "got to go/spend/have it now" mentality that led to the rise of Wonga etc

£300 for a 4 day break back home seems reasonable enough to me. Even more so should we win.
Well MA if you can do that 4 day trip seeing your mates, ale, footy etc for around £300 you're onto a real winner! That's a real bargain! A win would be a massive bonus! Enjoy the trip!!!

.T

They have devalued this competition that much in recent years that people are not going to pay that kind of price when they will in all probability be seeing the reserves or second string from the dominant club.

I was a big fan of the Cup vouchers and was incensed when they were removed from the season ticket quite a few moons ago. With the size of crowds we get now for this tin pot competition isn't it time they returned? Giving the opportunity to season ticket holders to see the game for free effectively when at home and then pay for games when the competition gets into its later stages. Either that or put a ceiling price for all teams in the competition on the price of a ticket for the games. Failing that a standardised price for the whole competition, including semi-finals and final?

The problem with cup vouchers is that, that proportion of the season ticket money would have to be shared with the away team and the cup competition, I believe.

MoP There is rip off everywhere in football I went to Hull for league match and got talking to chap in the row in front He was with his and to young boys one about six the other maybe eight He was saying because of work he wasn't sure he could make But found out pay at the gate on the day was on It cost him £120 because Hull charge £30 no concessions for kids They wonder why gates are dropping

The problem with cup vouchers is that, that proportion of the season ticket money would have to be shared with the away team and the cup competition, I believe.
Ram you are right it does have to be shared Anything above £15 for a Carabao cup match is an absolute rip off What annoys me is that Premier league teams are capped and not allowed to charge away fans more than £30 that's for top class football Man U have even got tickets at £43 for nothing cup match I will go but definitely will not but any food drink or memorabilia

At the ground on the 25th I will make just the one purchase. A hot dog. I had one pre match at the FA Cup tie in January and it was far and away the best HD I have had at football and even knocked the socks off the foot long dogs I had at Yankee Stadium in 96 and the Blue Jays Stadium in 97.

Latest Rams News