• Rams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither. This ain't football!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SwankyYankee

Vital Squad Member
LA Rams or Cincinnati Bengals?

I'm here to give you 10 reasons you should support the Bengals in this one.

#1: Bengals are Swanky's hometown team. Spurs, Reds, Bengals (lots of misery!)
#2: Rams are similar to Manchester City/Chelsea. Massive money spent on super stars this year.
#3: Rams are owned by Stan Kroenke (you really need any more reasons?)
#4: Bengals formed in 1968 and have never won the top prize. The drought is "Tottenham-esque".
#5: Bengals have been known as the "Bungles" for decades. This essentially means "Spursy".
#6: Bengals have Joe Burrow who has lit up the NFL. He is an Ohio boy playing for his home state Bengals. Sound familiar?
#7: Bengals have the cheapest owner in the history of the NFL. He makes Daniel Levy look generous!
#8: A Super Bowl win would mean so much more to the Bengals fans than LA Fans.
#9: The Bengals have played in London twice. In 2019 they lost to the Rams.
#10 Who Dey!

LA Rams or Cincinnati Bengals?

I'm here to give you 10 reasons you should support the Bengals in this one.

#1: Bengals are Swanky's hometown team. Spurs, Reds, Bengals (lots of misery!)
#2: Rams are similar to Manchester City/Chelsea. Massive money spent on super stars this year.
#3: Rams are owned by Stan Kroenke (you really need any more reasons?)
#4: Bengals formed in 1968 and have never won the top prize. The drought is "Tottenham-esque".
#5: Bengals have been known as the "Bungles" for decades. This essentially means "Spursy".
#6: Bengals have Joe Burrow who has lit up the NFL. He is an Ohio boy playing for his home state Bengals. Sound familiar?
#7: Bengals have the cheapest owner in the history of the NFL. He makes Daniel Levy look generous!
#8: A Super Bowl win would mean so much more to the Bengals fans than LA Fans.
#9: The Bengals have played in London twice. In 2019 they lost to the Rams.
#10 Who Dey!

I'm in. :thumbup:

Count me in too.

Can you give us any run-down's of local views of their chances/players etc?

Going to watch this in the sports bar in Piccadilly (near Trafalgar Square) as we then get a good US crowd there and it makes for a better night.

Count me in too.

Going to watch this in the sports bar in Piccadilly (near Trafalgar Square) as we then get a good US crowd there and it makes for a better night.

What time does the game start for you? 11pm?

Count me in too.

Check out this article. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/02/super-bowl-preview-why-you-should-root-for-the-bengals.html

The city has gone nuts. We are one of the smallest NFL cities in the country and have had a losing record for most of our existence. School is cancelled on Monday for most area schools. We have become a punch line for most other fan bases over the years. We have not won a post season game in 31 years. We have had many "curses" broken this season with two rookies who are taking the NFL by storm this season (Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. Both team mates in college btw). The last 3 games on our way to the Super Bowl (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs) have been unreal as we were losing at half time to these "superior teams" by as many as 18 points. Then miraculously winning in OT in the final seconds. The best comparison I can give you is the Bengals are like a Brentford this year, if Brentford's last three games in the FA Cup have been like knocking off Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City after losing at half time by 3-0.

Check out this article. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/02/super-bowl-preview-why-you-should-root-for-the-bengals.html

The city has gone nuts. We are one of the smallest NFL cities in the country and have had a losing record for most of our existence. School is cancelled on Monday for most area schools. We have become a punch line for most other fan bases over the years. We have not won a post season game in 31 years. We have had many "curses" broken this season with two rookies who are taking the NFL by storm this season (Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. Both team mates in college btw). The last 3 games on our way to the Super Bowl (Raiders, Titans, Chiefs) have been unreal as we were losing at half time to these "superior teams" by as many as 18 points. Then miraculously winning in OT in the final seconds. The best comparison I can give you is the Bengals are like a Brentford this year, if Brentford's last three games in the FA Cup have been like knocking off Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City after losing at half time by 3-0.

Can only wish you all the luck in the World, I and all my friends I'll be at the bar with will be rooting for you.

Just win!!!!!

Right now the betting odds are the Rams to win by a 5 point margin. Many pundits believe that margin is too low and on paper it should be closer to a blowout. However, the Bengals keep defying the odds and are unpredictable as they manage to make plays to turn the game around and have a lot of momentum leading into this game. This isn't a fluke though as we do have a lot of talent on offense. We also dont have any pressure compared to the Rams who are expected to win the Super Bowl in their home stadium. The Bengals weakness is their offensive line, which has had trouble protecting Joe Burrow, our quarter back. He was sacked a record 9 times against the Titans and yet we still won. The Rams are even stronger than the Titans in this department. Aaron Donald is the most dangerous in the NFL. So this could be difficult for Burrow. However, he is smart, quick witted, and doesn't lose his nerve under pressure. He either completes passes quickly or evades a sack. People are trying to understand what makes him so cool headed and be able to take a beating and still perform. With that said, Brrrrr-ow is now becoming the latest nickname for him.

Can only wish you all the luck in the World, I and all my friends I'll be at the bar with will be rooting for you.

Just win!!!!!

From a Spurs perspective, it is interesting on what the fallout could be if Stan Kroenke wins or does not win a Superbowl. How does this impact his ownership and financing of Arsenal? He is not liked over here to much either as he is the reason the Rams were uprooted from St. Louis. The fan base sucks in LA yet he is making big money moves with securing the best players and has also worked out a deal in getting the SoFi stadium, considered the best in the country. The multi use stadium is not dissimilar to Levy and the Tottenham Hostpur Stadium. https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-09-04/stan-kroenke-nfl-owners-coronavirus-workers-sofi-stadium-rams-chargers