next two | Page 3 | Vital Football

next two

back ups not on a par wi fleck duffy sharp jack eagan goldie.

Thats why they are the back-ups. Barca on't have another Messi waiting to come in. CW prefers to play his best team every week, so of course Freeman, Coutts, Super Johnny Lundstram aren't going to get picked. If CW though that Norwood and Fleck were tired and not performing then he'd play Coutts and Lundy. He's put Crainie in, he's put other players in. He clearly thinks we can win with our first choice players otherwise he wouldn't pick 'em

I think our squad's decent Twirls.....back up defenders Stearman/Cranie/Freeman, back up midfielders Coutts/Lundstram/Dowell back up attack Madine/Hogan

Not sure if any team would have a like for like replacement for our top scorer with 23 goals?
Coutts, Wilder never plays him ?, Lundstrum League 1 standard, Dowell inexperienced and not consistent. I will give you the defence and attack but that back up engine room is like a 1.2 Clio.

Thats why they are the back-ups. Barca on't have another Messi waiting to come in. CW prefers to play his best team every week, so of course Freeman, Coutts, Super Johnny Lundstram aren't going to get picked. If CW though that Norwood and Fleck were tired and not performing then he'd play Coutts and Lundy. He's put Crainie in, he's put other players in. He clearly thinks we can win with our first choice players otherwise he wouldn't pick 'em
That’s the problem he does put players in when it comes to the defence and attack but not midfield. At Leeds he preferred Bash to Coutts and Lundstrum. Now I like Coutts and would give him a chance but clearly Wilder prefers an out of sorts Fleck ?.

I don't think the teams above us have stronger squads - but they're you go - as Rod would say,,,,,,,,,,,,its all abart opinions

Coutts, Wilder never plays him ?, Lundstrum League 1 standard, Dowell inexperienced and not consistent. I will give you the defence and attack but that back up engine room is like a 1.2 Clio.
kieron dowell is the one who has to step up to the plate for me hes young hasnt had a lot of game time and has to start doing the business to help our tiring midfield 3 i would also like to see norwood further up the pitch and not playing at the side of egan plays far too deep for my liking

That’s the problem he does put players in when it comes to the defence and attack but not midfield. At Leeds he preferred Bash to Coutts and Lundstrum. Now I like Coutts and would give him a chance but clearly Wilder prefers an out of sorts Fleck ?.

First, I'm sure CW has his favourite players who will go on the teamsheet so long as they aren't injured. Second, it is only our interpretation, our assumption, our conclusion that our performances are down to tired players.

But those are our opinions. We all see the games differently, and in the end the only opinion that matters is CW's, When he does make changes, he gets slagged off for it, like leaving Billy out a few weeks back

We are what we are. We're way over achieving. but this is it. Five games left, and we only need one more point than Leeds to achieve glory. I don't want him 'giving players a chance' now. Tried and trusted, even tired and trusted, the team picks itself.

First, I'm sure CW has his favourite players who will go on the teamsheet so long as they aren't injured. Second, it is only our interpretation, our assumption, our conclusion that our performances are down to tired players.

But those are our opinions. We all see the games differently, and in the end the only opinion that matters is CW's, When he does make changes, he gets slagged off for it, like leaving Billy out a few weeks back

We are what we are. We're way over achieving. but this is it. Five games left, and we only need one more point than Leeds to achieve glory. I don't want him 'giving players a chance' now. Tried and trusted, even tired and trusted, the team picks itself.
IN WILDER I TRUST,i aint sayin he dunt mek mistakes(course he duz) but he'll more than do for me.Coutts is a different player to Flecky and yes we have no one who can do his job but do wi think we're gunna have 22 players or so that are all the same level?:shake: Let's hope our crowd's up for it today cos mek no mistake this Millwall match aint a gimme.COME ON YOU RED&WHITE WIZAAARRRDDDSSSS.UTCB

I agree with most of that but that’s the point he should not have to pick tired or out of form players. I have no issue with Wilder just the frustration of our shoestring budget. The nearest like for like replacement for Fleck is Lundstrum but we all know he is not good enough. We have massively over achieved but it is unfair to expect Wilder to keep performing miracles.

I agree with most of that but that’s the point he should not have to pick tired or out of form players. I have no issue with Wilder just the frustration of our shoestring budget. The nearest like for like replacement for Fleck is Lundstrum but we all know he is not good enough. We have massively over achieved but it is unfair to expect Wilder to keep performing miracles.

I think we have the same argument but are just looking at it from two different angles BfL. I don't see that CW is being forced to do anything other than pick his first choices. It would be nice to have a bigger budget, but we've all known since last summer where the line was for spending. Not a discussion, Fleck is a better player than Lundy, but that doesn't make Lundy a no-hoper. (I think Lundy plays better further back myself...but he's not Norwood either...) He could come in like Crainie has an do a job, but Wilder wants Fleck on the pitch.

I don't think anyone expected Wilder to work miracles, but he is so close to working one now, we just have to hold on and do our absolute best. If we do our best as a team as a club, as supporters, there can't be any regrets...and if we miss out we still get another bite at the cherry in the play-offs...(I know, but even this was better than we could have hoped for..). Its been a spectacular and really enjoyable season however it ends.

Sorry for being positive!!! I feel a bit like Cassius Clay did when he told all the doubters he’d lick Sonny Liston. ?
Just been talking to a fellow Blade who's just along from us on the same campsite and he's old enough to have seem Jimmy Hagan play and he's optimistic that we would get through the play offs,because of CW, if it comes to that.

I must admit to having slightly less fear of them if we end up going hat way so can be classed as being more optimistic than I have before.

However it does not, and cannot, stop the inevitable nerves, worry , crossed everything and superstition kicking in:cautious:

theres other teams that are flagging a bit as well but theyve just got that bit more strengh in depth than us which was always gonna be our issue with a low budget but i think chris has worked miracles even to get us in top 6 let alone top 2

I think we have the same argument but are just looking at it from two different angles BfL. I don't see that CW is being forced to do anything other than pick his first choices. It would be nice to have a bigger budget, but we've all known since last summer where the line was for spending. Not a discussion, Fleck is a better player than Lundy, but that doesn't make Lundy a no-hoper. (I think Lundy plays better further back myself...but he's not Norwood either...) He could come in like Crainie has an do a job, but Wilder wants Fleck on the pitch.

I don't think anyone expected Wilder to work miracles, but he is so close to working one now, we just have to hold on and do our absolute best. If we do our best as a team as a club, as supporters, there can't be any regrets...and if we miss out we still get another bite at the cherry in the play-offs...(I know, but even this was better than we could have hoped for..). Its been a spectacular and really enjoyable season however it ends.
Lundstrum is not a no hoper but his style is not one of driving forward. When Fleck picks the ball up turns drives forward and commits players we are a different team. He creates space and is in my opinion more important than Norwood. If we get that Fleck for the next 5 games we have a great chance.

leeds have got promotion ,they just arnt changing the way they do things , as for us we,ve just shit our pants simple as that ,millwall fuckin crap and as soon asthey put pressure on we fuckin collapse its the same old sheffield united . until this fuckin board gives wilder enough money to bring in enough quality we,ll go as far as we are now . que the redd n white tinted glasses brigade ,.

leeds have got promotion ,they just arnt changing the way they do things , as for us we,ve just shit our pants simple as that ,millwall fuckin crap and as soon asthey put pressure on we fuckin collapse its the same old sheffield united . until this fuckin board gives wilder enough money to bring in enough quality we,ll go as far as we are now . que the redd n white tinted glasses brigade ,.
dont totally disagree with you on the board point twirls but the team chris put out saturday should have put millwall to bed easily weve just run out of steam a bit later this season than last and thats why if were still here next season we need some younger legs in the team

Its not red and white specs, but theres always an 'if only we had this', or 'if only we had that', if only, if only. But who knows for sure. There are much more expensive and better players than we have way back down the table from where we are.

Its always seems to come down to spending more, but the club is already losing £6m a season. The fact is its easy to spend more, especially when its not coming out of your pocket, but the leccy bill has to be paid and the books have to be balanced. If, in the end that means we can't afford a Jota, then thats that, we do the best we can without a Jota. Boo-di-feckin-hoo.

Only got to look at forest every bodies favourite before a ball was kicked spent some serious money boro too. You would have thought 100m would be enough to see you in a comfortable position in the prem but it doesn’t always work,who’s to say Chris wouldn’t be like Colin with a load of dosh great at picking diamonds out of coal but useless when he had some real money to spend !