Next season | Vital Football

Next season

OldLeazes

Vital Football Hero
Which league do you think we will be in, and where do you think we'll finish.

I'll go first. Being the optimist I am I'll say that we'll be in the premier league, and i predict that we'll win it.

It will take a change of manager and several new players, and the removal of Ashley.

I've given up thinking about it. All I know is that unless we beat QPR away, we are in the shit. Win that with the 6 pointers at the foot of the table, combined with the race for the Champions League between the London clubs should see us safe.

In the Premiership with Pardew still as manager and with more or less the same squad, I wouldn't be surprised if you see Remy in a Newcastle shirt as he has a get out clause which he is supposed to be going to use.

I honestly believe we will survive and the other team to go down will be between Wigan and Norwich,although I hope Villa don't get another point and it is them who go.I think after this coming weekends results Pardew will be buying a couple of full length mirrors for the managers office so he can see himself patting his back most vigorously.

Bearing in mind, we can't sell Sissoko, Mbiwa, Gouffran, Haidara and Debuchy until January at the earliest (I think), we would still have a decent set of players.

Most likely to be sold is Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse though, to balance the books.

Championship

If Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Cisse are sold then providing we get a couple of decent strikers then we could walk the championship again. If we are looking like we will go up then it might persuade the others to hang on, rather than leaving in January. All this depends on Pardew going, I think he will if we go down, not if we stay up.

We could stay up, even if we don't get another point. However, even though we have won more games than 7 other sides in the Prem and won the same number as the team in 9th position it's points on the board that count and we are in a very precarious position. I just hope it's not a last day nailbiter, my nerves won't take it

If we go down i think we will struggle to get straight back up, if i thought it would get rid of the current mob i could live with a relegation, but i don't think Mike has any intention of selling us as he plans to turn us into a giant Sportsdirect carrier bag.

The championship wont be as easy for us this time around, I'm certain of that.
Besides I doubt we'll cope with the tiredness from all those extra games

There's no one person within the current coaching set up that could galvanise the remaining players (after Clueless's departure) to take the Championship by storm.

It would need an individual capable of telling Fatman and the odious fecker to disappear and leave footballing matters to him. So that aint gonna happen !

We just can't predict what will happen though.

Ive been following the club for 40 years and im stumped as to what to expect this season never mind next.

When we go into the championship we'll need someone like Chris Hughton to get us back up again.

I think we will stay up but im far from certain, premier league next season and a bottom half finish with Pardew in charge, a new manager with some tactical sense with the current squad plus some upgrades and we can finish a lot higher

I had £7 on us going down at 1/13 on William Hill after the 3-2 against Chelsea. It looks like I'm on to a winner now. We'll finish bottom half of the championship next year and remain there until 2020 at least, having missed out on the increased revenue