Next season - will you renew your S/T? | Vital Football

Next season - will you renew your S/T?

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
I honestly can not now see us staying up. Even if we do it is going to be another season of struggle and further helpings of what is being served up at home is totally unacceptable. I hate to think what League 2 might bring and have nightmares of us going the way of Orient and Chesterfield. To that end as we have a number of loyal S/T holders that post on here I am interested to know if you will renew again or do you feel enough is enough?

As long as my personal/work life doesn’t deteriorate I’ll probably renew barring a disastrous pricing scheme.

Undecided as yet, I definitely will not take up the early bird offer though as I would wait to see if we recruit well enough to be competitive in whatever division we are in

Exactly why would a lifelong supporter not continue as they already do. So for me
I will buy a season ticket as there is no f difference to me who the owner is, who the manager is, the football that is being played or which players we have. We might have a bad season - whats different than most of the last 50 odd years. Its called being a gills supporter, pain, followed by hope, followed by more pain lol.

Yes, although short term financial considerations will determine if I put it in time for the early bird or towards the end of the ST only renewal.

I expect prices will remain the same even if we go down.
I read somewhere we are down to around 2,200 season ticket holders now.
I'd expect us to be more competitive in League 2, and up amongst the top 6, providing the playing budget is not cut again.
Anyway there's a long way to go and we are not down yet - Lovell tends to be able to pull out surprise results when most needed or when people begin to question his position. Beat Scunthorpe, and get a point at Sunderland and things will be looking rosier. 2 defeats though, and our position in the table will be bleak.

Nice to hear after the downer post to start the thread, that everyone (most) is sticking with the club and probably renewing. Good on you all ?

I take my hats off to you guys. Football is a life long passion. Not a “we’re crap, I’m bailing” scenario.

(Says someone who “bailed” 30 years ago. But only in person, not in spirit).

I’ve often wondered if I’d still be going every game if I lived in Kent. Unfortunately I’d have to confess I’d most likely be picking and choosing. And I’d probably have been that way for quite a few seasons.

100% not for me. Although I only bought a half season ticket a few weeks back so not sure I count.

I would expect next season's squad to be weaker again as a few senior players leave to be replaced by free transfers.

If we are in league one we will struggle and not sure we will compete in league 2.

I think the club needs to show on the field ambition again before I opted for another ST.

I might even reduce my games to a handful next season. It's absolutely dire to watch and the acceptance and apathy of it all is bugging me. I might self exclude ?

Leaving aside 'balancing the books', which is a must if we're to have a club at all, Scally's obsession with the new stadium detracts from the football club's core business and it's beginning to bite. I'm sure SL could do better with superior players but all the while he has to effectively scrape the barrel things won't improve. ST sales are bound to continue to decline unless there's a sea change, such as a new owner, but Scally does not appear to want to give up the reins - an almost silent partner with cash is his ideal or an overpriced buy out.

If we got relegated PS will have to rethink his season ticket strategy.

He needs to stop talking about new stadiums and revenue streams and start spending money on either better players or a more motivational manager.

Change the record.

I'm also amazed that PS let two half decent player's contracts run down so they leave for nothing. He should have said sign on or be sold. in May last year.

If we got relegated PS will have to rethink his season ticket strategy.

He needs to stop talking about new stadiums and revenue streams and start spending money on either better players or a more motivational manager.

Change the record.

I'm also amazed that PS let two half decent player's contracts run down so they leave for nothing. He should have said sign on or be sold. in May last year.

Yes I think it's very poor to let those two go for nothing. I also think we have a few talented youngsters who may well have more ability than those we brought in , in the summer and possibly the recent loan deals. They may be off even if given new contracts.

Yes I will renew. I have minimal interest in televised football and would only watch non league games without the Gills. I can do that anyway so it's another ST for me. Forty years of exile in Yorkshire makes me treasure every single home game I have attended since returning in 2012. We have watched some poor stuff this season but no worse than in many of the last 50 odd years I have been watching and a good deal better than in some.

Every new season is a bit like spring, hope springs eternal. When I stop feeling like that I shall go out and sit on the mud at low tide.

Odd, isn't it?
It's a business, but it depends on its customer base acting as if it isn't a business.
Supporters are supposed to be true and loyal but not take it too seriously
Players are supposed to be judged by their skill and commitment, but all their errors are treated as moral failings

I'll stick with I Player (big deal), but it's not a patch on being there and getting really pissed off.

UTG